First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
@MikeinYYZ: I got Hands-Free date 10-06-2073 too. Updated tonight.
My truck updated last week and I got the same hands free date of 2073! I haven't tested any of the new features yet because I don't use Android Auto.. I just use Bluetooth for phone and music functions.. I still use the Maps function directly on my phone screen to navigate..
Sponsored

collinma40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
It may all be in my head (usually is the case...) but this PCM update seems to have made a noticeable positive impact. Prior to the update, I was consistently having a harsh down shift into 9th and experienced the slight shudder others have reported in 8th, 9th and 10th under certain conditions. Also, seems like downshifts are quicker and smoother overall. Could also just be the adaptive shift tables being reset but so far I'm pretty pleased. Odd this is only targeting Tremors, will be interesting to see if other trims receive as well.
Glad to see that I’m not the only one with this issue. For me, it is shifting from ninth gear to eighth gear that is causing a rather noticeable thud.
I have no idea what version I have but I checked on the Ford website and it told me sync version: 4.0.22230 which seems odd as others are 3.5 something. What am I missing?
2023 tremor

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Glad to see that I’m not the only one with this issue. For me, it is shifting from ninth gear to eighth gear that is causing a rather noticeable thud.
I have no idea what version I have but I checked on the Ford website and it told me sync version: 4.0.22230 which seems odd as others are 3.5 something. What am I missing?
2023 tremor
3.x.x refer to OTA updates. That and your sync version is not the same thing. Some OTAs will update your sync version, but most will not.

Pikester24

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Fx4
Occupation
Professional Detailer
Just wanted to thank Jesse for the help checking on my VIN, as well as everyone else in this thread who’s had issues and posted helpful remedies. My ‘21 Lariat had been trying to install 2.8.1 for almost 2 weeks now, I had been plugging it Into a charger almost every night and over the whole weekend for the last 2 weeks and it kept failing, no matter what. Also had the issue where my walk up lights, dome lights wouldn’t work at times, and dreaded “power save mode” notice would come on the display, on and off over the last month or so.

Took it to the dealer twice to try and get the battery replaced to no avail. Second time I went in I just told them to replace the damn battery and be done with it. Within 45 minutes of me getting back home and hitting the update button, it went through.

So, for anyone who’s been going through The same shit, just bite the bullet and get a new battery. I know it’s not cheap, but eliminates the headaches we have to go through because of the SOC not being high enough for the updates to go through properly.

side note: I was able to use FordPass points to pay for the battery and the install at the dealer, that was a relief.

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
Just wanted to thank Jesse for the help checking on my VIN, as well as everyone else in this thread who’s had issues and posted helpful remedies. My ‘21 Lariat had been trying to install 2.8.1 for almost 2 weeks now, I had been plugging it Into a charger almost every night and over the whole weekend for the last 2 weeks and it kept failing, no matter what. Also had the issue where my walk up lights, dome lights wouldn’t work at times, and dreaded “power save mode” notice would come on the display, on and off over the last month or so.

Took it to the dealer twice to try and get the battery replaced to no avail. Second time I went in I just told them to replace the damn battery and be done with it. Within 45 minutes of me getting back home and hitting the update button, it went through.

So, for anyone who’s been going through The same shit, just bite the bullet and get a new battery. I know it’s not cheap, but eliminates the headaches we have to go through because of the SOC not being high enough for the updates to go through properly.

side note: I was able to use FordPass points to pay for the battery and the install at the dealer, that was a relief.
My truck did the deep sleep thing (aka "System Off to Save Battery" message) one time a week ago today. Spent all week fiddling with the battery and charging it over and over and finally broke down and skipped the whole aggravating dance with the dealer and went to Costco for a new (upsized) battery. My 3.5.3 has been queued for 13 days now and the new battery on Friday still hasn't fixed it, but you're right, it alleviates the confusion around whether a potentially failing battery (especially on our '21 trucks) could possibly be the cause of OTA failures. I am aware that PTS (the tool those guys use to check our OTA status with VINs) does show whether an OTA fails due to battery SOC (and they have not been seeing that), but the deep sleep thing + 3.5.3 not installing made me suspicious of the battery and totally triggered my engineering fix-it OCD :LOL:
Check battery off the list for a few years for us now - hopefully!

Sponsored

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Do you have a link to the dev tools thread ? Is this the same as the inspect page for OTA on ford.Com?
Thanks.
Same exact thing happened to me today. Checked developer tools for 3.5.4 and showed installation queued. I got the update in progress message trying to toggle auto updates off too. I had good results starting the truck, toggling wifi off and ensuring I have strong cellular signal. Checked the developer tools again and within 5 minutes I went to deploying and update successful.

ProHERO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Here you go. Yes, it’s the same inspect page on the Ford website.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/ota-status-hidden-in-the-ford-website.7464/

Thanks. I have the thing on a charger and did the rain dance. Maybe it is trying, maybe it isn't? Worst part is that @rugedraw said they tried to push it to me over 60 days ago and it failed.

1. additionalConsentLevel: 1
      2. communicationPriority: "High"
      3. deploymentCreationDate: "2023-01-10T18:36:09.949+0000"
      4. deploymentExpirationTime: "2023-01-17T18:36:09.949+0000"
      5. deploymentFinalConsumerAction: "Not Set"
      6. deploymentId: "f4b6de15-7956-41f7-b9f3-f6d3d91621b5"
      7. inhibitRequired: false
      8. latestStatus: {aggregateStatus: "artifact_retrieval_in_progress", detailedStatus: "OTAM_S1006",…}
      9. oemCorrelationId: "FLARE-PRD-SOFTWARE-FNV2-734836-893489"
      10. otaTriggerExpirationTime: "2022-12-16T16:52:08.673+0000"
      11. packageUpdateDetails: {,…}
        1. cdnreleaseNotesUrl: "http://vehicleupdates.files.ford.co...43012663-5f2afc61-228f-44e9-b425-a51a9d06fa07"
        2. failedOnResponse: "none"
        3. packagePriority: 1
        4. releaseNotesUrl: "https://mmota.autonomic.ai/1/bytest...43012663-5f2afc61-228f-44e9-b425-a51a9d06fa07"
        5. updateDisplayTime: 10
        6. wifiRequired: false
      12. tmcEnvironment: "PRD"
      13. triggerType: "SOFTWARE"
      14. type: "ENHANCEMENT"
      15. vin: "1FTFW1ED3MFA85347"
    1. languageText: {Language: "English (US/NA)", LanguageCode: "ENU", LanguageCodeMobileApp: "en-US",…}
      1. Language: "English (US/NA)"
      2. LanguageCode: "ENU"
      3. LanguageCodeMobileApp: "en-US"
      4. Text: "Ford Power-Up 3.5.3\r\n\r\nWhile you may have seen this update before, we’re resending to ensure some housekeeping features are included to help further enhance your user experience.\r\n\r\nWe’ve been super busy. Check these out.\r\n\r\nAlexa Built-in\r\nYes, it’s almost here. Most of Alexa Built-in has now been downloaded, with the final piece arriving in a few more days. Then you can wake Alexa up. Make a call, check the weather, interact with your smart-home devices, make a shopping list, ask for a joke. Just about anything you use Alexa for at home, you’ll be able to do in your vehicle. Plus, add Ford Streaming and listen to music and podcasts too. \r\n\r\nYou’ll know it’s time to activate Alexa when the icon appears on your SYNC® Technology screen. Just click on it and follow the steps to register. Keep in mind that your truck must have Enhanced Voice Recognition and an activated modem. And, of course, you’ll need an Amazon account.\r\n\r\nMore good news: Your first three years of Alexa access are on us (streaming media services not included). That three-year clock starts ticking the moment the Alexa icon appears, so don’t wait to set it up. You’re gonna love it. \r\n\r\nGo to your Ford Account or FordPass® App to learn even more.\r\n\r\nOngoing updates like this help you enjoy the best possible version of your F-150® truck."
  1. otaAlertStatus: "YOU ARE ALL SET"

ProHERO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Thanks. I have the thing on a charger and did the rain dance. Maybe it is trying, maybe it isn't? Worst part is that @rugedraw said they tried to push it to me over 60 days ago and it failed.

1. additionalConsentLevel: 1
      2. communicationPriority: "High"
      3. deploymentCreationDate: "2023-01-10T18:36:09.949+0000"
      4. deploymentExpirationTime: "2023-01-17T18:36:09.949+0000"
      5. deploymentFinalConsumerAction: "Not Set"
      6. deploymentId: "f4b6de15-7956-41f7-b9f3-f6d3d91621b5"
      7. inhibitRequired: false
      8. latestStatus: {aggregateStatus: "artifact_retrieval_in_progress", detailedStatus: "OTAM_S1006",…}
      9. oemCorrelationId: "FLARE-PRD-SOFTWARE-FNV2-734836-893489"
      10. otaTriggerExpirationTime: "2022-12-16T16:52:08.673+0000"
      11. packageUpdateDetails: {,…}
        1. cdnreleaseNotesUrl: "http://vehicleupdates.files.ford.co...43012663-5f2afc61-228f-44e9-b425-a51a9d06fa07"
        2. failedOnResponse: "none"
        3. packagePriority: 1
        4. releaseNotesUrl: "https://mmota.autonomic.ai/1/bytest...43012663-5f2afc61-228f-44e9-b425-a51a9d06fa07"
        5. updateDisplayTime: 10
        6. wifiRequired: false
      12. tmcEnvironment: "PRD"
      13. triggerType: "SOFTWARE"
      14. type: "ENHANCEMENT"
      15. vin: "1FTFW1ED3MFA85347"
    1. languageText: {Language: "English (US/NA)", LanguageCode: "ENU", LanguageCodeMobileApp: "en-US",…}
      1. Language: "English (US/NA)"
      2. LanguageCode: "ENU"
      3. LanguageCodeMobileApp: "en-US"
      4. Text: "Ford Power-Up 3.5.3\r\n\r\nWhile you may have seen this update before, we’re resending to ensure some housekeeping features are included to help further enhance your user experience.\r\n\r\nWe’ve been super busy. Check these out.\r\n\r\nAlexa Built-in\r\nYes, it’s almost here. Most of Alexa Built-in has now been downloaded, with the final piece arriving in a few more days. Then you can wake Alexa up. Make a call, check the weather, interact with your smart-home devices, make a shopping list, ask for a joke. Just about anything you use Alexa for at home, you’ll be able to do in your vehicle. Plus, add Ford Streaming and listen to music and podcasts too. \r\n\r\nYou’ll know it’s time to activate Alexa when the icon appears on your SYNC® Technology screen. Just click on it and follow the steps to register. Keep in mind that your truck must have Enhanced Voice Recognition and an activated modem. And, of course, you’ll need an Amazon account.\r\n\r\nMore good news: Your first three years of Alexa access are on us (streaming media services not included). That three-year clock starts ticking the moment the Alexa icon appears, so don’t wait to set it up. You’re gonna love it. \r\n\r\nGo to your Ford Account or FordPass® App to learn even more.\r\n\r\nOngoing updates like this help you enjoy the best possible version of your F-150® truck."
  1. otaAlertStatus: "YOU ARE ALL SET"
You actually look all good to receive the update. In 8. you have artifact retrieval in progress. When I saw that, I went to the truck, started it, turned off wifi, checked ATT LTE bars under Mobile Hotspot ensuring I had more than 3 bars, tried to turn off auto updates but gave me the message update in progress so declined to turn off then exited the truck and locked it. Within 5 minutes I checked the Ford website and status went to deploying then update successful.

Mosey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Last week I discovered my auto-update setting was turned off. I re-enabled it and I am now waiting for the update to come down. My last update, 3.5.2, occurred 10/13. Any idea how long it takes for Ford to attempt another push to my truck?

Sponsored

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Last week I discovered my auto-update setting was turned off. I re-enabled it and I am now waiting for the update to come down. My last update, 3.5.2, occurred 10/13. Any idea how long it takes for Ford to attempt another push to my truck?
Nope. There is no rhyme or reason as to how these updates get pushed out.

Happy1286

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 (eventually)
Had anyone had success with actual full screen Android auto? When I push full screen button after the update, it shows split maps and Spotify. When I put it back into the 'not full screen' the map stays the same size and I get the normal tiles back on the right.

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Had anyone had success with actual full screen Android auto? When I push full screen button after the update, it shows split maps and Spotify. When I put it back into the 'not full screen' the map stays the same size and I get the normal tiles back on the right.
You probably don't have coolwalk enabled by Google yet. They are slowly rolling it out to everyone. From one day to the next, it will start working. Does AA look how it has always looked, or did it change in appearance recently?

GraffiX

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum PB
I've noticed several issues after the update. One being with the full screen AA. After minimizing Waze from full screen, I am no longer have access to the Waze onscreen controls like ending route. Also, I've noticed phone calls drop from bluetooth even though the phone is still connected. If I change the setting to handset then back to bluetooth it reconnects.

Happy1286

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 (eventually)
You probably don't have coolwalk enabled by Google yet. They are slowly rolling it out to everyone. From one day to the next, it will start working. Does AA look how it has always looked, or did it change in appearance recently?
I just got the truck last week so it looks the same as it has in this truck. That makes sense about the Google rollout. Thanks!
Sponsored