First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I got the OTA 3.5.3.2 this morning. This is only the 2nd OTA that I knowingly have received.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I got the OTA 3.5.3.2 this morning. This is only the 2nd OTA that I knowingly have received.
You have a 2022, so that is normal. Your truck was built with most updates already on it. It would only be 3.5.2, 3.5.3.2 and you will probably get 3.5.4 in 3 days or less based on the current trend.

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
I was updated to 3.5.3.2 after the last of the download files came in this morning. Yeah!
The first files started downloading 2/1, and thanks to @antho and @rugedraw for letting me know it queued up 1/30.

With all the discussion around best practices or methods to get this update to trigger, its pretty clear we are all still looking for some solid info due to the lack of documentation out there. The lack of info (and data) lends itself to attribution errors or a correlation bias. I did X and Y happened, so had to be X.
But this does not consider there could have been other actions occurring simultaneously we weren't specifically aware of.

Though I would offer some observations as data points, factoring what was going with the truck compared to the process timing via the PTS log which @rugedraw kindly provided following my update. That was great info that offered some insights I believe. Disclaimer: This is my update case, and only a single case. More results would be ideal.

The short answer: Your truck has to have power on (not necessarily running) long enough to DL all files that are part of the update campaign before the update can process locally. This is assuming you have sufficient SOC of course.

The problem comparing our individual findings is the ownership habits or driving distances vary. Therefore Power On time varies. And of course factors like cell signal. But after looking at my logs, my 2 day process was tied to 3 specific power on events and how long they were.

But what about these two things we've watched / heard /read about ?

1. You have to drive your truck at least 30 minutes. My update happened shortly after driving the truck, gotta be the driving.
2. That one dude's video where he did a bunch of stuff in sync, sometimes twice....I did the reset or the wifi report....and later on I got it. Had to be resetting that APIM or turning wifi off.

Ready for it? What is the power on status of the truck with both of these? To simple, can't be, right?

Sorry to say it doesnt look like magic, just the truck was powered on, lol.

So what is the basis for such a crazy assertion? Below is my log. When I found out in the VIN check I was sent the ping the following events occurred:

2/1 - went out to truck, power on (not started) to check updates. Nothing. Gave it a couple minutes checking. No change. Eventually I toggled off my auto updates, up pops the update notice asking to Accept or Cancel (this I understood differs for some seeing Pending). I check a couple more times, doesn't look like anything is happening. For some unknown reason I added a schedule, which would not have any effect. So total time between 15-20 minutes. I turn truck off​
At this point, I was of the mind that, turning updates off is what kicked it off based on the message to accept update popped up. Its the one part I am so-so on, but more on why that may be questionable though at the time I was satisfied it caused it versus it being something else.

The gents checked my status later that morning and said, well you are now pending, you partially DL your files.

Damn....stuck. Look at threads....must be some secret OTA lube somewhere. Decided to give it time wondering how others just parked under a cell tower or did some thing (all having had power on for some time mind you)

2/2 - Another member mentions he had a schedule set but his pic showed blanks, I was pretty I was unable to get mind back to blank if it ever had a time / day. So around 5:30 pop down to the garage to verify. Power on - went to scroll thru the time and sure enough no -- option, just stuck with it. Power off.​
Unknown to me, but jumps out on the log...when the key was on, it went right back to DL more files. No driving, wifi on, no APIM double resets...just key on. But had no idea. Things are happening though I didn't take an action other than turn it on.

2/3 - Day off, after seeing that vid and thinking I was stuck (how many of us have been there?), I decide to try some of those magic tricks in sync. Cant hurt, nothing progressed as far as I knew. Was heading out eventually, but thought I would mess with it first. Power on at 11:00, I know as I checked since I was suppose to be somewhere at 11:30. I was messing with carplay for a couple minutes first. Then trying to remember the things. Decided no APIM reset, go ahead and do the wifi feedback report because its true, it doesnt do anything. turned off updates again, set em back on. No DL symbol. Meh.....pulled out of driveway...oh that's right, turn off wifi. Done. Drive to my destination never seeing any DL symbols​
After I arrive and turn off truck, go to door to see if unlocked. Nope. Went back to truck to wait and as it always does when opening the door, the IPC comes on as well as the Ford logo on synch screen, but then I see the message popup again to accept the 3.5.3.2 update. And I hit it just as the screen shuts down (truck was never on). So I was thinking, Odd, wonder if this re triggered the update to start over or what?​
Just then @ 11:36 the person arrived and I went inside to conduct my business. As I am talking with her several minutes later I hear the Ford Pass notification sound.​
So I see the update, Yes! Not knowing how things processed when I got back home I asked for the log, which @rugedraw obliged.

It wasnt a start over, absolutely a continuation. 2/1 my truck DL's sitting in the garage until I turned it off, 2/2 activity confirms you dont need to do any of the suspected tricks, it did what it could on DL's for the short time I had power on.

Now 2/3 helps confirm a number of things to me about the video. It pinged Ford to started DL's right at power on. No tricks. Nothing I later did was making any difference as unknown to me it was already processing downloads. So clearly turning wifi off after it was already going doesn't have an effect.

However if one didnt know the specific times and just said, well...I did these things so must be the things.....you see how easy it is to draw a correlation that may be false.

For the final processing. The accepting the second time seem to tie to the PTS timestamp to activate and process files. Hitting accept again may or may not be a routine thing, it sounds like more of anomaly from what someone said about it, but that's outside the main takeaway here.

Good luck to everyone else waiting for theirs ;)

Ford F-150 New OTA 3.5.3.2 Software being pushed out (This is 3.5.3 but for 2022 model year trucks) update

Viper

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, 2022 F-150 Limited Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher for the Military
I got 3.5.3.2 yesterday, then today I got 3.5.4 while at the Dentist's office!
YEAH!!

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
Just got 3.5.3.2. Truck was parked for the week, drove it to a 30 min appointment and had the successful update icon when I got back in to go home. Full screen CarPlay is nice! Nice to know I’m not in OTA purgatory ;)

Sponsored

Deal Seeker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum Hybrid 701A
Got the update today. Started the Truck as normal and got to driving about a quarter mile down the road and the main display restarted with the Ford logo. Apple Car Play reloaded and had the new double arrow for full screen size. I hit it and well it works for messages and the Home Screen but the Apple Maps screen is only 3/4 full with a blank screen. Try again Ford!
Ford F-150 New OTA 3.5.3.2 Software being pushed out (This is 3.5.3 but for 2022 model year trucks) IMG_1952

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
I got 3.5.3.2 yesterday, then today I got 3.5.4 while at the Dentist's office!
YEAH!!
Too funny. I got 3.5.3 after leaving dentists office with 3 teeth drilled and filled on Wednesday.

MNSportsman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor
I received a Power-Up Update last night but not sure what it was for - Update details in Ford Pass were sparse. Dealer had recently (w/in the last few weeks) updated GWM, TCU, IPC and APIM to resolve an issue with my IPC rebooting when accessing the trailer tire info screen. Already had full screen AA/CarPlay, etc so not sure what this latest update was related to.

Ford F-150 New OTA 3.5.3.2 Software being pushed out (This is 3.5.3 but for 2022 model year trucks) Screenshot_20230203_175354_FordPass

Ford F-150 New OTA 3.5.3.2 Software being pushed out (This is 3.5.3 but for 2022 model year trucks) Screenshot_20230204_075728_FordPass

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I received a Power-Up Update last night but not sure what it was for - Update details in Ford Pass were sparse. Dealer had recently (w/in the last few weeks) updated GWM, TCU, IPC and APIM to resolve an issue with my IPC rebooting when accessing the trailer tire info screen. Already had full screen AA/CarPlay, etc so not sure what this latest update was related to.
That's most likely the new BCM update that I've seen going around. You are the first 2022 owner that I see get it, and I see the update name differs from the few 2021's that I have get it. On the 2021's, it updates the brightness of the tag lights and adjusted the interior motion sensors to prevent the alarm from going off for no reason, so it was not a big deal in the sense that it will not give you anything cool.

Post or PM me your VIN so I can see what module it updated.

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
@Snakebitten It's a PCM update. Your favorite. lol

It is not the BCM update I thought. This is new to the F150 as far as I know. It says it preps you for future updates, so I would not expect anything different.

Edit: Found this:

355200 EQUIPMENT: OTHER: OWNERS/SERVICE/OTHER MANUAL

RECORD_ID: 3839453
Bulletin Number: 2122OTA22PU11010
Replacement Service Bulletin Number: N/A
NHTSA Item Number: 10227492
Date Posted: 11-30-2022
Component Name: 355200 EQUIPMENT: OTHER: OWNERS/SERVICE/OTHER MANUAL
Make: FORD
Model: F-150
Year: 2022
Date Added: 12-07-2022
Summary: Priority Update OTA 22-PU1010-MIL-QL for 2021 Model Year F-150 vehicles is now available. Quality Improvements Include: Shift quality improvements, failsafe cooling improvements, improvement to calibration of brake fluid viscosity algorith

Ford F-150 New OTA 3.5.3.2 Software being pushed out (This is 3.5.3 but for 2022 model year trucks) 1675522285553

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost

It is not the BCM update I thought. This is new to the F150 as far as I know. It says it preps you for future updates, so I would not expect anything different.
Woah there....... A PCM OTA?

You know you got me reaching for my laptop now!

Thanks for the heads up. :)

MNSportsman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor

Edit: Found this:

355200 EQUIPMENT: OTHER: OWNERS/SERVICE/OTHER MANUAL

RECORD_ID: 3839453
Bulletin Number: 2122OTA22PU11010
Replacement Service Bulletin Number: N/A
NHTSA Item Number: 10227492
Date Posted: 11-30-2022
Component Name: 355200 EQUIPMENT: OTHER: OWNERS/SERVICE/OTHER MANUAL
Make: FORD
Model: F-150
Year: 2022
Date Added: 12-07-2022
Summary: Priority Update OTA 22-PU1010-MIL-QL for 2021 Model Year F-150 vehicles is now available. Quality Improvements Include: Shift quality improvements, failsafe cooling improvements, improvement to calibration of brake fluid viscosity algorith

1675522285553.png
Super interesting, was not expecting a PCM OTA. Thanks again for confirming @rugedraw. Will post back later if I notice any driveabilty differences in regards to shifting, etc.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
Got the update today. Started the Truck as normal and got to driving about a quarter mile down the road and the main display restarted with the Ford logo. Apple Car Play reloaded and had the new double arrow for full screen size. I hit it and well it works for messages and the Home Screen but the Apple Maps screen is only 3/4 full with a blank screen. Try again Ford!
IMG_1952.jpg
Tried my Apple Maps today in full screen, no issue. Maybe try restarting your iPhone? That often clears up CarPlay issues for me.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
@Snakebitten Did it up pop in FDRS for you or you haven't checked yet?
No sir, it's not there for my VIN
So we'll just have to wait until it shakes out a little to draw any conclusions?
Sponsored