Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
So we've totally blurred the line between 3.5.3 and whatever 3.5.3.2 is in this thread. Did we ever figure out for sure the difference?
The only correlation I see is that people who updated with FDRS such as myself and @speedracercjr are getting 3.5.3 installed. Seemingly a corrective action to the the FDRS update.

And those who waited it out are getting 3.5.3.2 installed possibly bringing them to the exact some point.

Not sure.
Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
The only correlation I see is that people who updated with FDRS such as myself and @speedracercjr are getting 3.5.3 installed. Seemingly a corrective action the the FDRS update.

And those who waited it out are getting 3.5.3.2 installed possibly bringing them to the exact some point.

Not sure.
that’s what I figure, my sync version and revision are now the 22293 Rev 6something that everyone else has.

chirocksout

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PowerBoost
You got 3.5.3 sitting in your queue right now. Go to your truck, go to updates, and click check for updates and click update now to try to get it to start going through.

Picture2.png
I can see that there is an update but it is still preparing.. it this normal?

Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Not sure , sounds like it's still downloading. Best guess, shut it down, lock it up, walk away. And check in a few hours. Let it cook a little more!

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
The only correlation I see is that people who updated with FDRS such as myself and @speedracercjr are getting 3.5.3 installed. Seemingly a corrective action to the the FDRS update.

Not sure.
I don't think that's the case. More people are reporting 3.5.3 than they are 3.5.3.2, which is what really confuses me. After I posted this, I've seen more posts about 3.5.3 and every truck I've checked that has an OTA in queue is also 3.5.3. I've seen very few 3.5.3.2 updates reported or in queues. When I say few, I mean I can count those with the fingers on one hand. I'm beginning to think @JEB was right and this particular update is not meant for our trucks, but how we got it before the intended vehicle (most likely Mach E and Lightning) is beyond me.

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
There is nothing systematic or consistent with this or any OTA. If you get lucky enough to get an update sent to you, it either goes through or it doesn't. 🤷‍♂️

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
I'm just about to l launch on putting the 4th battery in my J1 2021 1, oem 2, dealer warranty, 3. ditched the H6 for a motorcraft H7 , 4th coming next week not motorcraft!

Anyway, I constantly monitor the SOC% pid with my odbmx+ when I got to work this morning the truck was at 70% it sat parked all day till 5:00 when I hooped in to go home, I looked over and saw an update had been installed, hit the button and sure enough 3.5.3 was just installed. I really don't understand this, everything I've read for the last year has said 80% . This now has me wondering if in one of the more recent software updates Ford has backed down on the 80% requirement.
After getting multiple deep sleep warnings over the past several weeks and SOC always dropping to 40% I finally bit the bullet and bought the H8. The heat shield arrives at the dealer tomorrow so here we go.... I'm with you, no more Motorcraft batteries!

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
Received message in Fordpass and in my truck this morning that I received 3.5.3.

Sponsored

taztay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT 302a
Good morning, I was wondering if I can get an update check 1FTFW1E53NFA24770. I suspect something is going on in the background, but no way of telling, thank you.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
I don't think that's the case. More people are reporting 3.5.3 than they are 3.5.3.2, which is what really confuses me. After I posted this, I've seen more posts about 3.5.3 and every truck I've checked that has an OTA in queue is also 3.5.3. I've seen very few 3.5.3.2 updates reported or in queues. When I say few, I mean I can count those with the fingers on one hand. I'm beginning to think @JEB was right and this particular update is not meant for our trucks, but how we got it before the intended vehicle (most likely Mach E and Lightning) is beyond me.
Wouldn't be the first time Ford has pushed the wrong OTA to someone.

For those few that got 3.5.3.2 weren't they all on the same revision as the currently deploying 3.5.3 as well?

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Wouldn't be the first time Ford has pushed the wrong OTA to someone.

For those few that got 3.5.3.2 weren't they all on the same revision as the currently deploying 3.5.3 as well?
The same sync version? Yes.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
The same sync version? Yes.
Then I'd agree with your assessment, 3.5.3.2 either wasn't meant for our truck, or they swapped version numbers. Either way looks like we are all getting the same Sync sent and alot of the members are getting it.

arlowe13

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost Supercrew
3.5.3 installed Wednesday afternoon, then found 3.5.4 installed this morning.
Sponsored