First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150stx
Occupation
Construction
I'm thinking I dont really have any options here but just checking if others have had this issue.
Ordered 23 lariat powerboost in September got an email from the dealer that it was submitted. Checked in with them multiple times and they didn't have an update which i expected. I was under the impression that there was a time right before production that u could change some options. Was i wrong?
3 was i wanted towing mirrors, the7200 watt inverter and bed utility package. They got missed from the options i sent and what was on the order that was sent in. Fast forward to today and I called and asked if I was supposed to be receiving emails from ford.
Dealer said he would check into it. He calls today and said that they never received any updates on the truck but he thinks it was delivered today.
Is my only option to take it or put in a new order and wait another 4-6 months?
Kind of a long rant but I appreciate any insight on this.

Thanks
Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Your in a hard spot. If you order another truck it will cost more to order today with price increases. You could always add the towing mirrors yourself. There's also a thread someone added the 7200 watt generator. The options you want can probably be added after the fact for cheaper then ford's quarterly price increases.

OP
OP

Redbird417

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150stx
Occupation
Construction
Your in a hard spot. If you order another truck it will cost more to order today with price increases. You could always add the towing mirrors yourself. There's also a thread someone added the 7200 watt generator. The options you want can probably be added after the fact for cheaper then ford's quarterly price increases.
Yeah that's my worry I don't mind doing the work myself but the price between the mirror option and the oem parts is a big swing. No clue what the other parts cost.

DcnPat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
IT
Honestly I would price a new order and compare the difference between that and purchasing the options. Tow mirrors are like $250 upcharge on the order but to purchase them as a later add on can be as much as $800 or even $1600 depending on options.

Maybe do an inventory search and you can find one already built with what you want.

I wouldn't accept the truck "just because you ordered it" unless you have a signifigant non-refundable deposit. Even then there are a million things you could point out on the truck that "do not meet your specifications/requirements" or are "defects" and it is up to the dealer to work out a satisfactory resolution.

Reactions: 780

Bigguy214

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150
I would also price out a new order like others have said I don’t think some stuff is just plug and go could cost quite a bit.If you decide to order again which I assume you will know get a copy of the order so you can double check everything you want.Also if you reorder there could possibly be options that are on restraint again you never know nowadays.Hopefully everything works out for you.
Sponsored