Sponsored

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
Hey all, brand new member here just wanted to say hi. I have a 22' Lariat Powerboost that I'm building up to be my daily/camping truck after selling my 00 7.3 Excursion.
Mods so far:
-Fox 2.0 front and rear
-Camburg Kinetic UCA
-Method 316 17x8.5, 0 offset, 4.75 Backspace
-BFG KO2 AT's, 285/70/17
-Bestop Supertop 2 (soft topper) also for sale :)

Ford F-150 New Member, 2022 F-150 Lariat Powerboost Build: Fox 2.0, Camburg UCA, Method Wheels, BFG KO2, Bestop Supertop truck1
Ford F-150 New Member, 2022 F-150 Lariat Powerboost Build: Fox 2.0, Camburg UCA, Method Wheels, BFG KO2, Bestop Supertop truck2
Ford F-150 New Member, 2022 F-150 Lariat Powerboost Build: Fox 2.0, Camburg UCA, Method Wheels, BFG KO2, Bestop Supertop truck3
Ford F-150 New Member, 2022 F-150 Lariat Powerboost Build: Fox 2.0, Camburg UCA, Method Wheels, BFG KO2, Bestop Supertop f150
Ford F-150 New Member, 2022 F-150 Lariat Powerboost Build: Fox 2.0, Camburg UCA, Method Wheels, BFG KO2, Bestop Supertop cambur
Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Nice! Good luck with it.

doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Real estate
Looks fantastic so far!

PlnWhtF150

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL 4x4
Nice build! what height setting did you do on the fox 2.0? my buddy has a Lariat PB and heard that it's harder to get the front lift with the extra weight of the truck, wondering how the setting related to actual lift for you.

OP
OP
mxwrk

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
Nice build! what height setting did you do on the fox 2.0? my buddy has a Lariat PB and heard that it's harder to get the front lift with the extra weight of the truck, wondering how the setting related to actual lift for you.
So after Fox and Camburg talked, they went with the Fox’s from previous generation trucks because it’s a stiffer spring rate than the current. The Powerboost is definitely heavier and needed it. As far as the setting, it’s not cranked all the way up for maximum lift to not upset the geometry too much, but brought it damn near level

Sponsored

PlnWhtF150

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL 4x4
So after Fox and Camburg talked, they went with the Fox’s from previous generation trucks because it’s a stiffer spring rate than the current. The Powerboost is definitely heavier and needed it. As far as the setting, it’s not cranked all the way up for maximum lift to not upset the geometry too much, but brought it damn near level
Thanks much, that's helpful to know.

Also forgot to ask: any clearance issues with the 17'' Method 316's? That's what i am looking to get, those look great. I have heard they fit tight but are usually ok if the installer is mindful of wheel weight placement. I don't have the max tow with bigger brakes, just the standard tow package.

OP
OP
mxwrk

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
Thanks much, that's helpful to know.

Also forgot to ask: any clearance issues with the 17'' Method 316's? That's what i am looking to get, those look great. I have heard they fit tight but are usually ok if the installer is mindful of wheel weight placement. I don't have the max tow with bigger brakes, just the standard tow package.
No fitment issues at all, they are needed to clear the new upper control arms. I wouldn't go with a larger tire than I have though. I get a very slight rub on the front air dam but only when reversing at full lock. I have done a 250 mile off-road trip in it and had no issues.

PlnWhtF150

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL 4x4
No fitment issues at all, they are needed to clear the new upper control arms. I wouldn't go with a larger tire than I have though. I get a very slight rub on the front air dam but only when reversing at full lock. I have done a 250 mile off-road trip in it and had no issues.
Good to know, thanks. i have 285/70-17 currently, and will be doing Bilstein 6112 soon. I do have a DV8 winch bumper though, so clearance should be a little better if you are rubbing the air dam. I had planned to keep wheels stock, but this is what happened haha.

veloverland

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2.7L XL Supercab
Occupation
Oil
do new uca's help with the cv joint angle? mine is not great after installing the fox 2.0's from last gen. already tore a boot.

Hanger51

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 raptor
Occupation
Construction
do new uca's help with the cv joint angle? mine is not great after installing the fox 2.0's from last gen. already tore a boot.
Same here installed fox 2.0 for the 21/22 f150 got them from stage3. CV boots are also damaged. Ther ride nice but think fox skipped some research and development

Sponsored

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
Really? I have the same tire size and zero rubbing. Guessing the just the offset difference of your wheel vs my Gen1 Raptor wheels?

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
So after Fox and Camburg talked, they went with the Fox’s from previous generation trucks because it’s a stiffer spring rate than the current.
That's really interesting. There were many months of debate when Gen14 trucks came out and Fox announced a Gen14-specific product. It eventually came out that the strut mounting points are slightly different on the Gen14 frames and Fox stated it's best to wait for their new products (for Gen14 trucks). Meanwhile, Eibach (the brand I went with) said that Gen13 products were tested and are compatible with Gen14 trucks. Now PowerBoost owners can know that Gen13 Fox stuff is best for their truck due to higher spring rate.

OP
OP
mxwrk

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
Really? I have the same tire size and zero rubbing. Guessing the just the offset difference of your wheel vs my Gen1 Raptor wheels?
Yeah most likely due to the offset

OP
OP
mxwrk

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
That's really interesting. There were many months of debate when Gen14 trucks came out and Fox announced a Gen14-specific product. It eventually came out that the strut mounting points are slightly different on the Gen14 frames and Fox stated it's best to wait for their new products (for Gen14 trucks). Meanwhile, Eibach (the brand I went with) said that Gen13 products were tested and are compatible with Gen14 trucks. Now PowerBoost owners can know that Gen13 Fox stuff is best for their truck due to higher spring rate.
I think these trucks are just too new, lots of trial and error going on. I haven't had issues yet luckily.

Baddeal

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 rcsb 4x4 5.0
Occupation
Dealership Parts
Looks sick! I'm on the same size, almost got those method too. Perfect size for dailying and having full articulation on trails.
Sponsored