• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New look at the EV factory

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
So what's the shakedown period for a plant like this 6 months +-. Or is this Fords first plant of this type so 9 months?
PPAP builds are scheduled through February. Job1 is scheduled for April-ish. Management seems to be taking it slow, but this plant is unlike any other in the Ford system. The level of automation, and the proximity to the workforce, are different than any plant I know about.

All the dates I know are preliminary. Things could change due to part availability or supplier issues.
Sponsored

jbirdzee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Engineer
PPAP builds are scheduled through February. Job1 is scheduled for April-ish. Management seems to be taking it slow, but this plant is unlike any other in the Ford system. The level of automation, and the proximity to the workforce, are different than any plant I know about.

All the dates I know are preliminary. Things could change due to part availability or supplier issues.
Please forgive my ignorance - but what is a "PPAP" build?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Please forgive my ignorance - but what is a "PPAP" build?
Part Production Approval Process. It consists of builds that will be used for crash tests, EPA certification and testing. They will all be scrapped as they are not sellable.