New here, got a question.

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
As stated, I am a new member and recently ordered a 2021 Lariat (as in last Friday) My dealership called today and told me that the spay in bed liner was no longer an option for 21 and was removed from the order. Has anyone else heard this one.? I trust the dealer and don't think they screwed up but I could be wrong.
Sponsored

Fone5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0L Lead Foot Sport
As stated, I am a new member and recently ordered a 2021 Lariat (as in last Friday) My dealership called today and told me that the spay in bed liner was no longer an option for 21 and was removed from the order. Has anyone else heard this one.? I trust the dealer and don't think they screwed up but I could be wrong.
I have an order in place being built this week with the factory spray liner. It’s definitely an option for 2021 so I’m not sure what he is talking about.

OP
OP
Ford4Ever

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have an order in place being built this week with the factory spray liner. It’s definitely an option for 2021 so I’m not sure what he is talking about.
I was told the order went in today and the liner was a forced drop from the build.

Bocephus

First Name
Bocephus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.3L
Occupation
Entertainer
If he forgot to order it, he still has plenty of time to add it -so that’s probably not the reason. Funny, I had dealer remove it a week after I ordered truck, due to the delays many are seeing at the plants.

OP
OP
Ford4Ever

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If he forgot to order it, he still has plenty of time to add it -so that’s probably not the reason. Funny, I had dealer remove it a week after I ordered truck, due to the delays many are seeing at the plants.
I don't think a delay is the issue. I was the one to tell them about the possible 6 week delay on the spray in and still ordered it that way. You are right, if they had forgotten it, they wouldn't have told me about it. Being that it just went in today, this may be something new

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Sounds a little shady. It definitely is still an option. Build and Price on Ford.com for a Lariat:

Ford F-150 New here, got a question. 1565A13B-FA2E-4C99-9EDF-1020516E4D6C

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
Their not telling you the truth. When you order the spray in liner, it comes with the ford at the front of the bed. After market doesn't have it in the box. Maybe they don't want to wait the extra days after built.

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Shady??? Better look into Line-X, NOT shady!

OP
OP
Ford4Ever

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sounds a little shady. It definitely is still an option. Build and Price on Ford.com for a Lariat:

1565A13B-FA2E-4C99-9EDF-1020516E4D6C.png
I know, I checked it today but we all know how bad the configure tool is.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ford4Ever

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I would not sweat it! Have Line-X apply it and get a lifetime warranty!
That is what they said but I didn't want them to have to do it after market.

OP
OP
Ford4Ever

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Their not telling you the truth. When you order the spray in liner, it comes with the ford at the front of the bed. After market doesn't have it in the box. Maybe they don't want to wait the extra days after built.
I guess we will see if anyone else has a problem with the selection.

Fone5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0L Lead Foot Sport
I was told early March that the factory liner may add 1 week... time will tell if that’s true, however it’s definitely an option and worth a conversation since you are ordering a 70K + truck.

Egilson1

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat powerboost
I’m buying my Lariat from a friend who is a dealer. He said he would do the Line-x over the factory liner. His biggest reason was Line-x will spray down the back of the bed under the tail gate, where as the factory liner stops at the end of the bed. So I’m having him as the dealer do the Line-x liner, and he gets a good price too.
Sponsored

Reactions: Don