First Name
Akin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Hybrid
Hey folks

I just picked up F150 PowerBoost Lariat
Barely drove much but looking forward to some great adventure.
This is first time every I am getting a truck. Before I had 1500 through work but always wanted Ford.
Like I said tip & tricks welcomes

do’s and dont's welcomed too.

Ford F-150 New F150 Owner.. Tips and suggestions welcome IMG_3741
Sponsored

Last edited:

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Sport 2.7L
Congratulations! I loved driving the Powerboost on my test drive but couldn't justify buying one. I'd suggest a dashcam at a minimum. They're fairly easy to wire into the fuse box on the passenger side and they've more than paid for themselves.

OP
OP
Akinlxl

Akinlxl

First Name
Akin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Hybrid
Yea I wasn’t going to get it but this one stayed in dealer lot for few months so they made a deal I couldn’t refuse

dashcam for front or side?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Wait!
Does yours say Hybrid on it somewhere? 😁🤣
Much less Full Hybrid?

Just messing with ya.
Awesome truck. And my favorite color. And getting a good deal is a bonus.

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
I would suggest learning FORScan. If you've never experienced it, it is a cool piece of kit. Does it make things better? That's subjective, but it certainly lets you add some cool customization to your truck.

Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Welcome. Glad to have you here. The PB is an awesome platform. Lots of good info here on this site. 😀

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat FX4 2022 Bronco Badlands
Occupation
Retired FDNY
Do's and Dont's
Do enjoy driving your truck
Don't spend a lot of time on this forum unless you want to spend a lot of money.
Guys will come up with numerous ways for you to spend cash. LOL

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Welcome... Do enjoy the truck. It will take sometime to learn all what it can do. Don't get overwhelmed with all the information on this forum. It takes time to learn how to operate somewhere around 49 computers ( I think @Snakebitten quoted this number) as you drive down the road.

Don't try arguing with Alexi or Fords own voice, you will not win...LOL

Side note; Change your description from Hybrid to Powerboost. You will not live it down otherwise. LOL;);););)

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I stand corrected....42 it is....Thank you @Snakebitten

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Yea I wasn’t going to get it but this one stayed in dealer lot for few months so they made a deal I couldn’t refuse

dashcam for front or side?
front and rear

OP
OP
Akinlxl

Akinlxl

First Name
Akin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Hybrid
Do's and Dont's
Do enjoy driving your truck
Don't spend a lot of time on this forum unless you want to spend a lot of money.
Guys will come up with numerous ways for you to spend cash. LOL

done. Updated. 🫡🫡🫡🫡

eharri3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
#20Fordf150
Occupation
Business
Welcome from the Rapid Red club.

Off the top of my head...

Your truck is complex and you'll still probably be learning new things about it in 3 months.

your truck will whirr, occasionally click, or buck a bit when changing back and fourth from ICE to Electric mode. Do not panic, look it up on here and see what people have said before you panic and run to a dealer. This is generally a smooth driving vehicle but it makes noises other vehicles and even other hybrids don't. The ICE to electric transition can startle you when you first feel it, takes getting used to.

Your ability to get into electric mode and maintain it for any length of time, and therefore get stellar mpg, will go up drastically with temperature. Probably a significantly bigger difference than with ICE.

I'm not saying you'll have problems. But if you do, and your dealer seems generally competent and professional, strike the best balance you can between advocating for yourself and being patient. These are complicated and many dealers do not sell or work on many so there's a good chance some aspects of your truck will be a learning process for them. Ford did not exactly flood the dealer network with Powerboost expertise but good master techs can square you away once they educate themselves on what needs To be done.

The one issue I've had in the last 16 months, I get the feeling the dealer wanted to devote limited time each day to working my problem so they could fit in better paying jobs around it. Still Solving the problem, but maybe in 30 or 40 days instead of the 15 we ended up at. I had to escalate the issue to Ford and to the dealer GM to make them understand the Escape loaner was appreciated but wasn't going to be sufficient to get my family and gear to a beach rental. Probably wouldn't have cared if I only had short hops around town planned for the month.

Sorry, hate to be that guy. But I did not pay 60k to try to figure out how to fit the same number of things into an escape that I fit into my 6.5 ft bed CC F150 for my beach vacation. I paid 60K to take be able to take this truck.

This resulted in them speeding things up and devoting more time each day to communicating with Dearborn and getting me wrapped up. The computer modules are where the things start to get tricky, when you get beyond figuring out of there is for instance a diff or a transmission issue and into figuring out which of 39 different modules has corrupted software.

And lastly, This is an incredibly fun and versatile vehicle to drive and you're going to love it. No regrets 16 months in despite my one issue.

Ford F-150 New F150 Owner.. Tips and suggestions welcome IMG_2383
Sponsored

Last edited: