New F150 delayed

GkF150

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Back in December 19 2020 I purchased a new F150. I left my 2017 F150 as a trade due to good trade in value at the time expecting a 6-8 week new vehicle. I still don’t have anything and the dealer at Dixie Ford stated due to the plow reinforcement option it’s on hold. How can Ford offer something and still not have any idea of when I’m going to get the truck. Does anyone have a new truck with this option and received it yet? Also who could I talk to about getting something done. Thanks
Sponsored

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Back in December 19 2020 I purchased a new F150. I left my 2017 F150 as a trade due to good trade in value at the time expecting a 6-8 week new vehicle. I still don’t have anything and the dealer at Dixie Ford stated due to the plow reinforcement option it’s on hold. How can Ford offer something and still not have any idea of when I’m going to get the truck. Does anyone have a new truck with this option and received it yet? Also who could I talk to about getting something done. Thanks
I assume it was Dixie Ford who told you 6-8 weeks? If so they lied.... going back to last September there have been delays in production and they certainly would have been aware of this. As others here will attest, 4-5-6 months is not uncommon. Further there doesn’t seem to be much rhyme and reason to the delays, other than a shortage of electronic chips, certain plastics and some misc sub components for manufacture and assembly of the F150.
With today’s news of further production shutdowns, the news gets worse, so brace yourself. Many here are wondering, as am I, what happens to the orders still incomplete at the end of the model year production... do we all automatically get 2022 models?

OP
OP

GkF150

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I assume it was Dixie Ford who told you 6-8 weeks? If so they lied.... going back to last September there have been delays in production and they certainly would have been aware of this. As others here will attest, 4-5-6 months is not uncommon. Further there doesn’t seem to be much rhyme and reason to the delays, other than a shortage of electronic chips, certain plastics and some misc sub components for manufacture and assembly of the F150.
With today’s news of further production shutdowns, the news gets worse, so brace yourself. Many here are wondering, as am I, what happens to the orders still incomplete at the end of the model year production... do we all automatically get 2022 models?
Thanks for the info, sounds like it will be May or June before it arrives. They were trying to make it sound like the plow upgrade was delaying it. Thanks

Sponsored

Solei028

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT
My dealer told me today that the snow plow prep on my build was causing a delay due to parts shortages. I told him to remove that option from my build since the only reason I ordered it was because the dealer told me to for re-sale value. I was told they moved me from a priority 10 to a priority 1 now so hopefully this moved things along.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
“6-8 weeks” is recklessly optimistic given how F-150 production has been going all year.

The Snow Plow Prep Package might be a low commodity option, but it’s hard to tell since we don’t have access to weekly production supply updates anymore.

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Had I known about this forum before I placed an order, I would have never placed a factory order. I took the dealers 8-10 week delivery estimate as accurate, because I didn't know about all of the delays. Many people that are placing factory orders now ,likely are unaware of all of the delays.

mattchops

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Had I known about this forum before I placed an order, I would have never placed a factory order. I took the dealers 8-10 week delivery estimate as accurate, because I didn't know about all of the delays. Many people that are placing factory orders now ,likely are unaware of all of the delays.
My dealer told me 10 weeks MAX. Jokes on me lol

Sponsored

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Normally 8-10 is a reasonable delivery when supply chains are functioning well.
When I ordered (3/26) I was aware of delays and pushed the dealer for a “realistic” delivery... they admitted it would likely be 12-16.
OK I thought, thanks for the frankness, however, now further reading on this forum and examining some of the info on the orders list here, I think they still may have been telling me what I wanted to hear.
We’ll see...

75032Limited

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum & 2021 Limited
My dealer told me 10 weeks MAX. Jokes on me lol
Normally 8-10 is a reasonable delivery when supply chains are functioning well.
When I ordered (3/26) I was aware of delays and pushed the dealer for a “realistic” delivery... they admitted it would likely be 12-16.
OK I thought, thanks for the frankness, however, now further reading on this forum and examining some of the info on the orders list here, I think they still may have been telling me what I wanted to hear.
We’ll see...
LOL. Mine told me 8 weeks, and the one that they had at the time that I wanted took only a month for a special order.

After pressing the the head sales manager he told me 12 is now common. That was two weeks ago.

I'm at roughly 8 weeks if mine still gets built on 4.24. It'll still need the bed liner and then travel time. I guesstimating that I will get mine between the 12-13 week mark..... Fingers crossed.

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My build date is tentatively the week of May 24, if that happens, I could possibly receive my truck in June so 14 weeks at best. That is if there are no more delays.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
Same here, I was told 8-12 weeks, but now I think I’m looking at a 2022 with these delays

OP
OP

GkF150

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Sounds like I'm in for a long haul. Traded in my original truck. Looks like the beater will have to get tuned up.
Thanks for the input
Sponsored