Sponsored

New engine needed for F150 PowerBoost Hybrid

KemahGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Supercrew Powerboost
Ford rep handling my case doesn’t respond to emails. Her voicemail box is full. Request for buy back/trade has been made. Service writer seems almost as frustrated as I am. He can’t get any feedback from Ford either. Waiting on a single valve cover and PCV valve. Uggghhh!

And yes, FORD STILL SUCKS

CAS-32601803-F0V8M1 CRM:0454034
Sponsored

OP
OP

jafo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Star white
Ford rep handling my case doesn’t respond to emails. Her voicemail box is full. Request for buy back/trade has been made. Service writer seems almost as frustrated as I am. He can’t get any feedback from Ford either. Waiting on a single valve cover and PCV valve. Uggghhh!

And yes, FORD STILL SUCKS

Is it too late to deal with another dealership?

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
Is it too late to deal with another dealership?
I seriously doubt another dealership will make any difference at this point. It would only get him back to square one. Once you’re at the point to where you can tell a dealer that you qualify for lemon law, you’re in way deep at that point. At least here in Texas. Going more than 30 days without your truck, making payments, and not even having a rental is unacceptable.

KemahGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Service Advisor called yesterday evening and said the rest of the parts made it there. Hopefully I’ll get my truck back by the end of the day.

Ford sucks less today, but still sucks.

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
Service Advisor called yesterday evening and said the rest of the parts made it there. Hopefully I’ll get my truck back by the end of the day.

Ford sucks less today, but still sucks.

Funny how that works.

Sponsored

KemahGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FINALLY! I got my truck back yesterday. 33 days, no loaner, tons of grief. Runs, drives and sounds like it did when new. We shall see if the 2 valve covers and PCV valve fix the problem. I’ve rarely checked oil between changes on any of my cars…in decades. Now I guess I’ll have to check it at every fill up (especially when towing) until I get rid of it.

If the new Tundra Hybrid has a generator, this POS is GONE!

Thanks for NOTHING, Ford!

Ford F-150 New engine needed for F150 PowerBoost Hybrid B99D46C3-CC8A-4274-B645-3B6319FEDD69

….just in case….

KemahGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
UPDATE-FIXED?
Now have over 1,700 miles since picking up my truck from the dealer. No detectable oil consumption at this time (however, the idiot that filled the crankcase with fresh oil did overfill it).

Repair involved the replacement of the 2 valve covers, PCV valve and an oil and filter change. I don’t claim to be an ICE expert but thought I knew enough about them to know what might be causing oil consumption. Could anyone explain to me how replacing these 3 items fixed my problem? Are they a new design valve cover and/or PCV valve? And here is a question for Ford. Can you explain why this issue hasn’t been fixed for good when this was a known problem with 2017-2019 Ecoboost 3.5L engines?

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I could see the PCV change fixing oil consumption, as it helps regulate the block pressure. If pressure isn't regulated, oil goes where it shouldn't due to excess pressure. The valve covers though, I would only think that would fix the problem if you saw oil leaking from them. If the PCV was bad, it could have cause the valve covers to leak. Oil/filter change was probably just to start from a known good oil level after the fix.

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
PCV problems usually can cause consumption. It is common in Chevys too. If this did in fact fix your problem, it’s a good outcome, other than being without the truck for awhile. I’d rather have that then a replacement engine.

Reactions: Don

Sponsored

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Amen to that on an engine replacement!! My truck has been In the shop for exactly 60 days today waiting for an engine replacement! The new engine has arrived but other, non-specified (I think gaskets) parts are still on back order. I am not blaming the dealership nor Ford, the dealership has been great! Supply line is out of everyone’s control I guess. The dealership put me in a F150 loaner, which I appreciate. I do want MY truck however!!

KemahGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A loaner would have gone a long way to keep me from being pissed.

BTW, the valve covers were not leaking. At least not to the outside of the engine. It’s as clean as the day it left Dearborn.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
With just 6200 miles I was told Friday morning I need a new engine. For the second time since I bought the truck new in mid March the oil pressure light has come on. Both times before this happened a received continual ProPower resets. We thought it was a software reset or update needed. Back in May when I took it in the first time they found it needed a little oil, but assumed it came from the factory like that. Yesterday they discovered it is 3 quarts low and burning oil.

Right now the service department doesn't know how long it will take to get an engine in to replace mine.

We are talking about trading in (not buy back) my F150 and getting a new F150. Apparently my dealership has approx. 70 sitting about 2 hours away waiting to get trucked in.

I've not heard of anyone else having this issue, so I assume this is an anomaly and I'm just lucky.
Omg. FORD WONT BUY IT BACK??
Sponsored