• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New Chargers Can Fully Charge the Lightning in 15 Minutes?

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
People drive from NJ to Florida through the night but for i personally wouldn't like to drive more then 600 miles in a day - NJ to 'South of the Boarder'. I just need the car to outlast me.

• Start at 8am NJ time with a full charge.
  • Plan is to go 300 miles in 4.5 hours at 70 mph before lunch
  • Take a 10-minute pee break somewhere in there to add 50 miles to get rid of any range concerns of going 300 miles before lunch
  • Lunch break at 12:40pm. You have now gone 300 miles driven with 50 miles of range left and taken one pee break
  • Take a 30 minute lunch at a 150kw charger to get you back to 80% charge - 240 miles of range
  • Back on road at 1:10pm
  • Plan for next leg is to drive 3 hours for 210 miles, 510 in total. That would leave 30 miles of range with an arrival time of 410 pm
  • If you add in one more pee break of 10 minutes arrival time is now 4:20pm but you have another 50 miles of usable range (80 in total)
  • If you drive for another hour and use 70 miles of that range you did 580 miles by 5:20pm.
  • You can either stop here for night or take a 30-40 minute dinner giving you another 160-215 miles after dinner
  • If you take the 40 minute dinner you are back on road at 6pm and then can drive another 3 hours for a 800 mile day.

Then you get hotel for night that has any level 2 charger and you start fresh in AM wth 300 miles of range making for an easy day if you did any after dinner driving
Sponsored

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
People drive from NJ to Florida through the night but for i personally wouldn't like to drive more then 600 miles in a day - NJ to 'South of the Boarder'. I just need the car to outlast me.

• Start at 8am NJ time with a full charge.
  • Plan is to go 300 miles in 4.5 hours at 70 mph before lunch
  • Take a 10-minute pee break somewhere in there to add 50 miles to get rid of any range concerns of going 300 miles before lunch
  • Lunch break at 12:40pm. You have now gone 300 miles driven with 50 miles of range left and taken one pee break
  • Take a 30 minute lunch at a 150kw charger to get you back to 80% charge - 240 miles of range
  • Back on road at 1:10pm
  • Plan for next leg is to drive 3 hours for 210 miles, 510 in total. That would leave 30 miles of range with an arrival time of 410 pm
  • If you add in one more pee break of 10 minutes arrival time is now 4:20pm but you have another 50 miles of usable range (80 in total)
  • If you drive for another hour and use 70 miles of that range you did 580 miles by 5:20pm.
  • You can either stop here for night or take a 30-40 minute dinner giving you another 160-215 miles after dinner
  • If you take the 40 minute dinner you are back on road at 6pm and then can drive another 3 hours for a 800 mile day.

Then you get hotel for night that has any level 2 charger and you start fresh in AM wth 300 miles of range making for an easy day if you did any after dinner driving
If it were only that easy. Unfortunately chargers are miles off the interstate for much of that route. While it can be done, current infrastructure makes it take far longer than an ICE vehicle.

I ride a 500 mile stretch upon occasion in my brothers Tesla. When we have to charge, we are off the interstate 15 miles each way.