Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
I had my truck scheduled to go in tomorrow for blue cruise. When I called last week to book for this to be done, the service advisor said my truck would be the first one they were attempting to do. Fast forward to today, got a call from the dealership, they informed me that they were not going to do anything to my truck in regards to the update for blue cruise because they were not confident in doing something like this and did not want to be responsible if something went wrong ? I guess I'll have to wait to hear if any other dealerships in my area have been successful in installing this update to other trucks?
That right there is the reason you send a message to the Ford rep on this forum so they can provide some engineering support to your less-than-technical tech to get this done. It's NOT ROCKET SURGERY FFS!!

Mike
Sponsored

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB, 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
Not responsible? They are the freaking dealership service center, it is their responsibility!?!?!?

@Ford Motor Company how are you OK with dealers telling customers "not my problem"
Tell me about it ! Very frustrated ! Not only are we all dealing with a shuddering transmission, but now dealerships not able to perform updates ? WTF !

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
I had my truck scheduled to go in tomorrow for blue cruise. When I called last week to book for this to be done, the service advisor said my truck would be the first one they were attempting to do. Fast forward to today, got a call from the dealership, they informed me that they were not going to do anything to my truck in regards to the update for blue cruise because they were not confident in doing something like this and did not want to be responsible if something went wrong ? I guess I'll have to wait to hear if any other dealerships in my area have been successful in installing this update to other trucks?
Some random guys on the internet can do updates that Ford representatives cannot. It's apparent Ford rolled this out way too soon, or dealerships dropped the ball with training. Seems like a bit of both. If my dealership told me that I'd reach out to Ford.

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB, 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
Some random guys on the internet can do updates that Ford representatives cannot. It's apparent Ford rolled this out way too soon, or dealerships dropped the ball with training. Seems like a bit of both. If my dealership told me that I'd reach out to Ford.
I just finished sending ford a emailed in regards to this.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
If my dealership told me that I would be relieved. I don't want them to touch it either.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bo15

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4

Booms

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Limited Powerboost, 22 iX
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Received an an update Wednesday. Truck will not display the version of Power-Up just that it was updated to prepare for future updates. Is that now 2.4.4?

Thank you.

ScottTexas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PowerBoost Platinum FX4
speedracercjr Can you please check my VIN? 1FTFW1ED7MFB69106

I've had it at the dealer and they tried to do BC update for 3 days.... gave up. Said they are waiting for more info on doing it.
After being at the dealer, I got updated from 2.3 to 2.6 OTA last week.
I'm on the waiting list for EAP, and based on what I've seen here I'm thinking leaving the waiting list may help.

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Just got 2.7.1 today! OTA 2.3.0 to 2.6.0 to 2.7.1 this week
That's pretty good stuff for a 2010 F150...... :unsure:

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
I had gotten 2.6.0 and 2.7.1 last week. Took truck into the dealership for the trailer brake controller recall and The Works. They also downloaded BlueCruise which only took a couple of hours. The service writer indicated they had received an update from Ford that decreased the download times from 8-17 hours to 2-3 hours.
I can see why he wanted to do it. It was a nearly $600 warranty claim they received for doing6it.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
Took the long way to the boat so I could hop on the interstate for a couple of miles. It works....
Ford F-150 New BlueCruise email for complimentary year - Not in EAP 20220525_085956
Sponsored