First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Now I don’t fault the dealer but I really hope Ford sees this. Is this a classic case of spending millions on advertising but $0 on training the dealers how to service Bluecruise? Come on guys.. I understand new technology roll outs are extremely challenging but it’s been delayed over 6 months to ensure a better customer experience? Every dealership should have been fully aware of this and had acces to a test environment. Not sure how I can go two weeks without a vehicle.
You should fault the dealer. I'm pretty sure Ford has all the documentation and training available to help out the dealerships, they just aren't taking advantage of it. Most documentation on how to install the update was posted almost a month ago now, and it's the same info dealers get. Because of the lovely dealership model we have, there's little Ford can do to fix this in the short term, and since dealers have little incentive to improve their business model since many operate as a local monopoly, end users get to suffer the consequences.
Sponsored

cptn12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Well I hate to tell you they have made one attempt. It was April 14. Thats it. Your truck hasnt been plugged into one time since
So does it look like they made any progress with that attempt? They claim it shutoff in the middle and the truck wouldn't do anything after. Said they left it plugged in over the weekend and it magically started on Monday.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So does it look like they made any progress with that attempt? They claim it shutoff in the middle and the truck wouldn't do anything after. Said they left it plugged in over the weekend and it magically started on Monday.

Said they left it plugged in over the weekend and it magically started on Monday.

Uh, yeah this is a lie and no. I dont see anything that looks like success.

Booms

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Limited Powerboost, 22 iX
Occupation
Mech Engineer
My dealer told me that the updates are completed and that over the next few days to weeks BC will start working.
UGH.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
My dealer told me that the updates are completed and that over the next few days to weeks BC will start working.
UGH.
Ugh indeed, that's such a wrong statement.

Sponsored

Buster

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021 Platinum
@Jesse-Infotainment - can you check my VIN too please? Been to the dealer several times, they have ordered a new APIM and I have an open case with Ford. I noticed my "Automatic Updates" showed up tonight - then it disappeared. Curious to see what you find. 1FTFW1E80MFA32771.

Super thanks in advance!

Pelican

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (502A) Supercrew 3.5L EcoBoost
Occupation
Financial Management
I cannot help but wonder why our trucks need to go to the shop for a software update or new software release. I thought the point behind over the air updates was to eliminate the need to go to the dealer for software related issues. I really feel bad for those that purchased an F-150 with the blue cruise hardware. You deserve better.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
I just got the 2.3.0 to 2.6.0 re-update last week. Good thing I have been in EAP since Jan of 2021.

Booms

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Limited Powerboost, 22 iX
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I just got the 2.3.0 to 2.6.0 re-update last week. Good thing I have been in EAP since Jan of 2021.
How do you know you are at that number of update?
I cannot find it anywhere on the truck or in the app.

Egilson1

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat powerboost
I got 2.7.1 today while at a rest stop on the Mass Pike. 2.6.0 Yesterday. I had been on 2.3.0 from 1/15. So some movement.

Im not in the EAP.
Build 1 delivered in April of 21
Lariat Powerboost.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bo15

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
2.3.0 since 1/22 so I hope I'm a week or less behind!

TexasTrash

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Space White V8
Occupation
Pipeline Controller
Took myself off the EAP, 3 days later I got 2.6.0 after months on 2.3 🤷

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB, 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
I have my truck scheduled to go in next Thursday for BC. I'm a little worried, service guy told me this will be the first time they attempt to do this ?
Sponsored