Sponsored

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Just got this email. 2.3.0 not in EAP. Maybe somethings going to happen ...

CONNECTED SERVICES NOTIFICATION
GET READY FOR A YEAR OF COMPLIMENTARY BLUECRUISE
Hello Derek,
Great news – Ford is excited to bring BlueCruise hands‑free highway driving* to customers who purchased a 2021 F‑150 or Mustang Mach‑E model before the software was available. As an appreciation for your patience, Ford is offering you one year of complimentary** BlueCruise service so you can experience the groundbreaking technology. Your vehicle may have started receiving the first of multiple BlueCruise hands‑free driver assist software updates over‑the‑air if still set up to receive them. If you don’t want to wait, schedule time with a Ford certified technician for installation at your local dealership. The service usually takes 2‑8 hours. If you want to update yourself, your vehicle’s modem must be activated in the FordPass App and software up to date to enjoy this groundbreaking technology.
We’re excited to continue delivering Ford BlueCruise* updates, and again we thank you for your patience. You can expect additional details on the Ford Power‑Up software update process, dealer installation, and full year of complimentary Ford BlueCruise* in your mailbox soon.
Ford F-150 New BlueCruise email for complimentary year - Not in EAP FordPass_WhiteBkgd_Logo
Sponsored

jmargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB
Got the same today. Glad I dragged my feet on purchasing it.

Seahawk51

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mercedes GLS450, 2013 Chevy Equinox, 2021 Ford F-150 on order
Occupation
Retired
Just got this email. 2.3.0 not in EAP. Maybe somethings going to happen ...

CONNECTED SERVICES NOTIFICATION
GET READY FOR A YEAR OF COMPLIMENTARY BLUECRUISE

Hello Derek,
Great news – Ford is excited to bring BlueCruise hands‑free highway driving* to customers who purchased a 2021 F‑150 or Mustang Mach‑E model before the software was available. As an appreciation for your patience, Ford is offering you one year of complimentary** BlueCruise service so you can experience the groundbreaking technology. Your vehicle may have started receiving the first of multiple BlueCruise hands‑free driver assist software updates over‑the‑air if still set up to receive them. If you don’t want to wait, schedule time with a Ford certified technician for installation at your local dealership. The service usually takes 2‑8 hours. If you want to update yourself, your vehicle’s modem must be activated in the FordPass App and software up to date to enjoy this groundbreaking technology.

We’re excited to continue delivering Ford BlueCruise* updates, and again we thank you for your patience. You can expect additional details on the Ford Power‑Up software update process, dealer installation, and full year of complimentary Ford BlueCruise* in your mailbox soon.
FordPass_WhiteBkgd_Logo.png

As to the 2-8 hours nonsense, my Platinum was in the shop from noon last Tuesday until late Friday afternoon, and they STILL hadn't loaded all the software. It just sat there connected to a laptop hour after hour. I have to take it back this Thursday to "finish it". When a module finishes loading, they sort of keep their fingers crossed that it was the last one...until a new message describing the next APIM pops up. Really, really, pathetic.

Hog_Johnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
I got the email as well. Mine stalled for a couple months before updating to 2.3.0 5 weeks ago and hasn't done anything since. At this rate, I expect it to get Bluecruise 2-3 years after I sell it lol

Booms

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Limited Powerboost, 22 iX
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I just got our F150 back from the dealer. Three recalls.
1. Windshield wipers
2. Brake Controller
3. Drive Shaft
4. Blue Cruise
We dropped it off Wed. the 27th and received it today May 3rd.
Told me it was on the the update laptop for 8 hours Friday and wouldn't take it. So they kept it Monday and it finally loaded. Comment was - "restarted Monday. Tested TCU for proper operation, was able to update all modules."
However, the dealer was not able to verify if it works. ugh!
My SYNC Software Version is now - 21146_PRODUCT
Revision - 145

How are we supposed to know if we have BC now?

Sponsored

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
I had a similar experience.. failed update about 2-3 weeks ago, left it with the dealer for a week while on vacation, they report successful update. I now get a bluecruise active notification when i hit the cruise control button on the steering wheel, but then I get the same warning to keep my hands on the wheel and it will cancel CC / bluecruise if i don't give it the steering feedback it wants.. definitely not working. My commute is on I-5 here in oregon which is a covered highway

Tomwilli2025

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Sales
As to the 2-8 hours nonsense, my Platinum was in the shop from noon last Tuesday until late Friday afternoon, and they STILL hadn't loaded all the software. It just sat there connected to a laptop hour after hour. I have to take it back this Thursday to "finish it". When a module finishes loading, they sort of keep their fingers crossed that it was the last one...until a new message describing the next APIM pops up. Really, really, pathetic.
Mine has been in the shop for a week and they still can't get it to complete. The dealer claims that they have had some complete successfully but some have issues.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
I just got our F150 back from the dealer. Three recalls.
1. Windshield wipers
2. Brake Controller
3. Drive Shaft
4. Blue Cruise
We dropped it off Wed. the 27th and received it today May 3rd.
Told me it was on the the update laptop for 8 hours Friday and wouldn't take it. So they kept it Monday and it finally loaded. Comment was - "restarted Monday. Tested TCU for proper operation, was able to update all modules."
However, the dealer was not able to verify if it works. ugh!
My SYNC Software Version is now - 21146_PRODUCT
Revision - 145

How are we supposed to know if we have BC now?

Well you are not going to like this. You are essentially at Power Up 1.7.1, they got you over the hump. You have a long way to go until you get Blue Cruise. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Power-Up_Version_History

Also, more bad news, it's almost certain they didn't actually fix the brake controller, no fix has been released for it.

Sponsored

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Got the email and just sold the truck. I wonder if I can get this year added to my new truck. I believe that to be fair

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Curious as to build dates or delivery dates of those folks who have gotten the e-mail. My Platinum was build in February 2021 and delivered in March 2021. I have not heard a peep from Ford.

Booms

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Limited Powerboost, 22 iX
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Well you are not going to like this. You are essentially at Power Up 1.7.1, they got you over the hump. You have a long way to go until you get Blue Cruise. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Power-Up_Version_History
How did you know that I am on 1.7.1? It is frustrating that I cannot find what Power Up version I am.

Reading through the Wiki link I have had the "Added Apple CarPlay displaying turn-by-turn navigation on the instrument cluster" since October of last year.

Can the rest be OTA? Or should I take it back to the dealer?

Thank you.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
How did you know that I am on 1.7.1? It is frustrating that I cannot find what Power Up version I am.

Reading through the Wiki link I have had the "Added Apple CarPlay displaying turn-by-turn navigation on the instrument cluster" since October of last year.

Can the rest be OTA? Or should I take it back to the dealer?

Thank you.
From the Wiki: 1.7.1 updated Sync to Software Version: 21174_PRODUCT Revision: 168[59] Since you are pretty damn close to that version and next higher is 2.3 Updated Sync to Software Version: 21281_PRODUCT Revision: 244 it stands to reason that's about where you are. It's not a perfect one to one but pretty close.

Check in the update pages, do you have multi-day scheduling?

Better yet post your VIN and someone can run and see what modules you have available.

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
Curious as to build dates or delivery dates of those folks who have gotten the e-mail. My Platinum was build in February 2021 and delivered in March 2021. I have not heard a peep from Ford.
I have the same build and delivery month on my Limited and I got the email yesterday although my truck is still stuck on 1.7.1 and the dealer here in town has no idea how to update the truck
Sponsored