Sponsored

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
Curious as to build dates or delivery dates of those folks who have gotten the e-mail. My Platinum was build in February 2021 and delivered in March 2021. I have not heard a peep from Ford.
Got the email yesterday, mine was built beginning of Jan 2021 and received Jan 30, 2021.
Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Well, I'll be...I went back through my e-mails and there it was sandwiched between two work e-mails. I must have seen Ford and just assumed it was something else (like the constant reminder that the check engine light is on).

Well, now I have to make a decision. The dealer I purchased from is 45 minutes away and will not provide a loaner or a ride home when I drop off the truck (warranty & recall work). Might be time to butter up the dealer right here in town and see if they want my service business. In the past I have been told they prioritize vehicles purchased from them. But that could have been just a bunch of sales mumbo-jumbo.

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
Well, I'll be...I went back through my e-mails and there it was sandwiched between two work e-mails. I must have seen Ford and just assumed it was something else (like the constant reminder that the check engine light is on).

Well, now I have to make a decision. The dealer I purchased from is 45 minutes away and will not provide a loaner or a ride home when I drop off the truck (warranty & recall work). Might be time to butter up the dealer right here in town and see if they want my service business. In the past I have been told they prioritize vehicles purchased from them. But that could have been just a bunch of sales mumbo-jumbo.
Service is where dealers actually make money, unless they move a ridiculous amount of cars. Pretty sure they'll welcome your business.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ill take a look now.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Service is where dealers actually make money, unless they move a ridiculous amount of cars. Pretty sure they'll welcome your business.
Yeah, I am certain they will welcome me with open arms. The Toyota dealer did when I had a Tacoma. Years ago I had a Mazda 6 and the Mazda dealer in town was amazing to deal with, despite buying the car somewhere else. I would have purchased from the local dealer, but they were at MSRP and the other dealer was just below invoice. Easy choice.

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
Curious as to build dates or delivery dates of those folks who have gotten the e-mail. My Platinum was build in February 2021 and delivered in March 2021. I have not heard a peep from Ford.
My Limited was the same build and delivery months, I got the email yesterday, still stuck on 1.7.1 and the local dealership here in town has no idea how to fix the OTA's.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
@Booms

They need to do the IPC update. Its not available yet until they get the APIM updated and TCU and there are some gateway updates that will show up.

They seem to have updated you IPMA. Thats good but since the IPC isnt updated youll have No adaptive Cruise and collision avoidance wont work.

You have a bit of a mess going on. They have not done a good job.

Sponsored

Booms

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Limited Powerboost, 22 iX
Occupation
Mech Engineer
@Booms

They need to do the IPC update. Its not available yet until they get the APIM updated and TCU and there are some gateway updates that will show up.

They seem to have updated you IPMA. Thats good but since the IPC isnt updated youll have No adaptive Cruise and collision avoidance wont work.

You have a bit of a mess going on. They have not done a good job.
So what do I tell them? What you stated above?

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So what do I tell them? What you stated above?

Thank you. I appreciate it.
I dont know. I cant tell you what to tell them. They dont listen to guys like me.

Booms

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Limited Powerboost, 22 iX
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I dont know. I cant tell you what to tell them. They dont listen to guys like me.
Just curious how did you find that out from my VIN? Is there a specific software you have? Are you a dealer?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hey Jesse can you check mine please...
1FTFW1E83MFA23174

Thanks!!!
You are very close. You need to PMI the gateway. The Config is wrong. The PMI would correct it. You do need to do the APIM update. Even over doing the PMi if they do the Gateway update that was released this weekend Im sure after it would config the Gateway properly and get BC activated.
Sponsored