Sponsored

New 2021 F-150 Reservations / Pre-Orders

star reno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Lariat
I'm hunting for dealers who might be already taking reservations/pre-orders for the new F-150.

Anyone successfully do this or know of dealerships who have begun to take reservations?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

star reno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Lariat
I'm talking about putting a deposit for a place in line, before order banks open.

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
That I'm not sure, likely a Dealer by Dealer decision. Until an actual 2021 F-150 Order Guide comes out, neither we, nor the dealers, will actually know what they can and can't configure in the system, and they won't be able to enter anything into the system until the Order Banks open. So until that time, about the best you could hope for was a general agreement on say, MSRP, or MSRP minus some small percentage, or, God forbid, MSRP plus some small percentage.

I'll be scouring the web for that 2021 Order Guide, as I'm sure so will everyone else, which I hope will come out a few days after the Reveal, and the day I have it, I'll build my Raptor order and be ready to hit my local dealers to negotiate.

Fiver-O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer
I'm sure there are dealers willing to take a deposit without knowing pricing or any of the ordering specifics. It's basically just putting a small refundable deposit so when info is released you won't be last in line.

If anyone has already done so or plans to soon please let us know.

Sponsored

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I'm sure there are dealers willing to take a deposit without knowing pricing or any of the ordering specifics. It's basically just putting a small refundable deposit so when info is released you won't be last in line.

If anyone has already done so or plans to soon please let us know.
Usually 10% of the agreed upon purchase price. If it's a dealer that you've worked with in the past, maybe an even $5K will lock you in on a pre-order.

Peter P

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT
Usually 10% of the agreed upon purchase price. If it's a dealer that you've worked with in the past, maybe an even $5K will lock you in on a pre-order.
If the 2021 F150 ordering process ends up adopting the Mach-E's model, then it would be just $500 for a reservation / pre-order. We'll see tonight if that happens!

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I'm not interested in an online reservation/ordering system. That implies that I'm agreeing to purchase the vehicle at MSRP plus any other dealer levied costs (dock fee, etc.) without the chance to negotiate. When I'm handing something on the order of $70k over to someone, anyone, I expect the opportunity to sit across a desk from someone and come to an agreement on EXACTLY what I'm paying for, noted in writing and signed by both parties. Sorry, old school.
Sponsored