Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
Updated Saturday May 9, 2020 with newest revised schedule, per the latest Fleet Distribution News Bulletin distributed yesterday Friday May 8.

New F-150 (2021MY) Order Acceptance Date

July 15, 2020
-- 2021 F-150 order bank opens
  • delayed from original May 11, 2020 and later updated June 15, 2020 dates

New F-150 (2021MY) Production Start Dates

August 13, 2020
-- Scheduling Begins (DTP - Dearborn Truck Plant)
October 12, 2020 -- Job #1 production date (DTP - Dearborn Truck Plant)
  • delayed from original August 17, 2020 and later updated September 28, 2020 dates
August 27, 2020 -- Scheduling Begins (KCAP - Kansas City Plant)
November 9, 2020 -- Job #1 production date (KCAP - Kansas City Plant)
  • delayed from original September 14, 2020 and later updated October 26, 2020 dates
Current F-150 (2020MY)

May 29, 2020
-- Last date to order the current generation 2020 F-150
Sponsored

Last edited:

MAhauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Thank you for the updated schedule. So we should probably expect the reveal to happen at least a couple of weeks before order submission starts? Which would put it around late May - early June.

maduck

Threads
Reaction score
Great info thanks. Makes you wonder how Ford is going to organize a reveal while still on lockdown. Even with an online only event there's still a lot of logistics and people that will need to get together to make it all happen.

How about a few teasers while we're all waiting Ford!!

BOB L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Mustang GT, 2015 Wrangler
Thank you for the updated schedule. So we should probably expect the reveal to happen at least a couple of weeks before order submission starts? Which would put it around late May - early June.
I'm going to guess first week of June as the reveal date. And these new dates aren't bad I was expecting it was going to be a 2-3 month delay.

Cultran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer
Great info thanks. Makes you wonder how Ford is going to organize a reveal while still on lockdown. Even with an online only event there's still a lot of logistics and people that will need to get together to make it all happen.

How about a few teasers while we're all waiting Ford!!
They've got a month still to iron that out. If they invite just a few of the biggest auto publications they should still be able to do a live in person reveal while observing social distancing. That together with an online streaming reveal should be enough considering how Ford releases all the info online for a new model upon debut anyway. There's not that much info they hold back to only share with journalists attending reveals.

Sponsored

MAhauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
my question is, when will the 2021 f-150 make it,s public debut?
I keep checking this site hoping to see the reveal already, since we're within 40 days of order submission now so it's gonna be reallly soon. I think we'll be seeing the reveal in just 2-3 weeks latest.

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I am counting down the days...

2021 Order (8:00 AM, 15 June, 2020)
Ford F-150 Raptor SuperCrew 4x4 5.5'Bed (W1R)
Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat (D4)
Luxury Package (802A)
17” Forged Aluminum Bead-Lock Capable Wheel (64D)
Tailgate Step (with Tailgate Lift Assist) (63T)
Second-row Heated Seats (90H)

Aftermarket Additions
Line-X Platinum Bedliner
Amp Research PowerStep

Ready...Ready...Ready...

Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Occupation
Retired
If June is when you can order a new f 150 how can I do it

Sponsored

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
If June is when you can order a new f 150 how can I do it
Walk into your preferred Ford Dealer prepared to negotiate like a pro, data in hand, arrive at an agreeable price, hand them a check for approximately 10% of the purchase price, and bang, your pre-order is done. They'll enter it into the system and it will be assigned a place in the production line when '21 production starts on September 28, 2020 (barring further COVID-19 induced delays). Note that it usually takes 4-8 weeks to get a custom ordered vehicle thru the production process, with most of that simply waiting on scheduling (pre-production) and delivery (post-production). If I remember correctly, actual vehicle production only takes about 3 days, though it's been a while since I looked into that specific number. There is virtually nothing that a Ford dealer can do to guarantee you a specific production date, or the first week of production, etc., as which vehicles get chosen for production on which date is definitely Ford voodoo magic and tied to parts inventory.

Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Occupation
Retired
Walk into your preferred Ford Dealer prepared to negotiate like a pro, data in hand, arrive at an agreeable price, hand them a check for approximately 10% of the purchase price, and bang, your pre-order is done. They'll enter it into the system and it will be assigned a place in the production line when '21 production starts on September 28, 2020 (barring further COVID-19 induced delays). Note that it usually takes 4-8 weeks to get a custom ordered vehicle thru the production process, with most of that simply waiting on scheduling (pre-production) and delivery (post-production). If I remember correctly, actual vehicle production only takes about 3 days, though it's been a while since I looked into that specific number. There is virtually nothing that a Ford dealer can do to guarantee you a specific production date, or the first week of production, etc., as which vehicles get chosen for production on which date is definitely Ford voodoo magic and tied to parts inventory.
Hey good advice that's what ni thought

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
Schedule (in first post) updated with newest dates, as announced in the latest Fleet Distribution News Bulletin distributed last Friday.

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Schedule (in first post) updated with newest dates, as announced in the latest Fleet Distribution News Bulletin distributed last Friday.
Appreciate the update sir.

4 week slip in order acceptance, 2 week slip in production. Was to be expected I guess. Given the slow steps being implemented now to reopen plants, hopefully this schedule update flows out from the newest planning, reducing the probability of further delays going forward. One can only hope.
Sponsored