Sponsored

Negotiating on a "Build It" Price

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
They are hot and getting hotter, you might want to expedite! Lol
Exactly! That's why i ordered. 1) they agreed to go invoice on price 2) I can't find a powerboost with all the options I want. Let alone a 2WD. And most are Lariat & above. 3) Trade in will start losing value quicker and quicker.
Sponsored

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid
Hey all, wanted to chime in with my experience!

I found this forum about 2 months ago, and dove in head first. I've been planning this buy for coming up on two years.

I am more than lucky to have found this forum with folks like CurryBob and Albert from Granger Ford providing information, insight, and recommendations.

So I'll tell you right now I started with Albert. I live in Virginia, but the price he was offering would be worth the trip to fly out and drive back, especially since I'd be able to pick up my brother partway back to help me with the drive.

I told Albert up front that I wanted to buy local, but that if I couldn't get anywhere to match, that I would make the trip. He was more than happy to help. He provided me with a pricing sheet at his best possible number, and provided me with the on-paper firepower to take to my local dealerships.

The first I went to was by far the closest. I had already gone in to let my wife test drive one of their lot trucks and so had established somewhat of a report with one of their salesmen. I went back to him with the pricing sheet and told him I wanted to match that offer, and that I'd rather work with him if I could. He brought his manager out, and they told me the best they could do was invoice. I told them I'd sleep on it and went home.

From there I gave another dealership down the road a call and told them what I wanted to do, and sent them the same pricing sheet via email. They came back with their own pricing sheet, the only change being their company letterhead at the top.

All that to say, with Albert from Granger Ford's help, I was able to get NET/NET pricing on a 2021 F-150 Platinum extended wheelbase PowerBoost fully loaded with options.

Like several people in this thread have said, it's all about the paper trail.

I'll be keeping an eye on the ESP and PCO threads now... and waiting for that VIN to populate!

Best of luck to all those working on their orders!

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Hey all, wanted to chime in with my experience!

I found this forum about 2 months ago, and dove in head first. I've been planning this buy for coming up on two years.

I am more than lucky to have found this forum with folks like CurryBob and Albert from Granger Ford providing information, insight, and recommendations.

So I'll tell you right now I started with Albert. I live in Virginia, but the price he was offering would be worth the trip to fly out and drive back, especially since I'd be able to pick up my brother partway back to help me with the drive.

I told Albert up front that I wanted to buy local, but that if I couldn't get anywhere to match, that I would make the trip. He was more than happy to help. He provided me with a pricing sheet at his best possible number, and provided me with the on-paper firepower to take to my local dealerships.

The first I went to was by far the closest. I had already gone in to let my wife test drive one of their lot trucks and so had established somewhat of a report with one of their salesmen. I went back to him with the pricing sheet and told him I wanted to match that offer, and that I'd rather work with him if I could. He brought his manager out, and they told me the best they could do was invoice. I told them I'd sleep on it and went home.

From there I gave another dealership down the road a call and told them what I wanted to do, and sent them the same pricing sheet via email. They came back with their own pricing sheet, the only change being their company letterhead at the top.

All that to say, with Albert from Granger Ford's help, I was able to get NET/NET pricing on a 2021 F-150 Platinum extended wheelbase PowerBoost fully loaded with options.

Like several people in this thread have said, it's all about the paper trail.

I'll be keeping an eye on the ESP and PCO threads now... and waiting for that VIN to populate!

Best of luck to all those working on their orders!
I'm glad you shared that Alex, shows information is powerful and can save some serious coin. Your plan of action was dead on in my opinion.

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm glad you shared that Alex, shows information is powerful and can save some serious coin. Your plan of action was dead on in my opinion.
Thanks! Got a lot of help for sure, but I'd say patience was key. It has to be when dealing with these kinds of numbers

RDH

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost (ETA Mar-2021)
On your sheet, it lists rebates of $1,500. I wanted to confirm with you that you got this as part of your final price. I went to Walker Ford too and they gave me a rebate price that I would qualify for but no other dealer that I have contacted have mentioned these and one when I brought it up, said it would only be what was available at the time of delivery not guaranteed. I went back today and confirmed that that was the rebate I would get.
Yes, I expect that we will receive $1,500 off the agreed upon price UNLESS the incentives are better on the day that we close the deal. If they are better (e.g. truck month is in effect), my understanding is that we would be eligible for those rebates.

Seeing as though the rebates are coming from ford rather than out of the dealers pocket, they did seem to indicate that those are fully available and belong to the buyer.

Sponsored

petersonja22

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Engineer
Hey Everyone - I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere but I didn't see too much of it in the past 110 posts. Does anyone have a good dealer for 2021s that is willing to negotiate? I know another user said Granger for Net/Net just wondering if anyone had anything else. I keep striking out with everyone I talk with, no one wants to budge.
Thanks!

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hey Everyone - I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere but I didn't see too much of it in the past 110 posts. Does anyone have a good dealer for 2021s that is willing to negotiate? I know another user said Granger for Net/Net just wondering if anyone had anything else. I keep striking out with everyone I talk with, no one wants to budge.
Thanks!
I used the the paperwork Granger gave me and got NET/NET from one of my local dealers: Priority Ford Norfolk

The dealer I originally went to was willing to come down to invoice: Beach Ford

petersonja22

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Engineer
I used the the paperwork Granger gave me and got NET/NET from one of my local dealers: Priority Ford Norfolk

The dealer I originally went to was willing to come down to invoice: Beach Ford
Thanks - I have talked to Granger too. I just don't want to do an order because of the long lead-times. Ill take a look at the ones you stated as well.

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks - I have talked to Granger too. I just don't want to do an order because of the long lead-times. Ill take a look at the ones you stated as well.
Good luck! On the bright side, the drive to one of the two I listed would be a matter of hours and not days!
Sponsored