First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Guys - here's the TRUTH, super important!

Rebates and Incentives can only be applied and are good on the day you actually get/pay for your vehicle - transaction day. If there's a discount from Ford going on TODAY, there's no guarantee that discount will be going on (valid) at the time your get your ordered truck in (physical purchase day) - and if the dealer says otherwise, he's WRONG.

This was explained to me when I ordered back in October when I walked in and offered $1000 below invoice plus incentives. It was an unknown price because they have to get invoice first, and nobody knows what the incentives will be at time of purchase. It was explained to me very clearly how Ford incentives work.

Then when I got a call yesterday and was told while my build week is Jan 25th, it would likely take a full month for the truck to arrive (San Antonio, TX) - HOWEVER, the dealer told me that it was probably good news because I'd be creeping into far better incentives by that time (from Ford). Remember, the dealer and I already made our deal (1000 below invoice), so his profit at this point is 'fixed', so he's rooting on me to get better incentives because I'm battling cancer, that happened right after I ordered.

Now, keep in mind that by "Ford Incentives", I'm talking about the big and main ones from Ford itself, not anything specials your dealer may be running using their own profit margins. Also, this doesn't include those rare birds that got Ford offers in email/popups that have an expired time on them like coupons.
You are 100% on the money. The PCO private cash offers is the one that varies. Why some dealers are able to lock them in and some won't is beyond me.

What I think is happening on the PCOs might be a bit of, sly of hand that other dealers may not want to do, Is all I can come up with. I have been able to do it with my dealer one other time back in 2016 on a 2015 model that was also pretty late.
Sponsored

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid
The PCO they locked in so I would not loose it.

The other smaller stuff they do and they always seem to have the finance with Ford rebate, the amounts just vary. Of course the military, medical etc. are always there, they just change the date but most of them cannot be combined with a PCO.

I do the finance one and then pay it off before the first payment. KR also has a $500 which can be combined and it will vary on model but always there in some form.

If you have to go that route let me know and I will give you the persons name you will need to talk to.
I'm hoping to place my order on Saturday, haven't gotten any PCOs yet unfortunately. I'll qualify for the military/medical/first responder incentive, and the finance one (if they give me the best rate as well)

I was able to get my dealer to agree to the NET/NET thanks to Albert, but I'd like to take advantage of whatever deals I can

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I'm hoping to place my order on Saturday, haven't gotten any PCOs yet unfortunately. I'll qualify for the military/medical/first responder incentive, and the finance one (if they give me the best rate as well)

I was able to get my dealer to agree to the NET/NET thanks to Albert, but I'd like to take advantage of whatever deals I can
I doubt Ford finance will be the best rate but you can take advantage of the rebate.

Do the finance with Ford and then a month later refinance with your bank or credit union. You can still get new car interest rates on a current model year vehicle.

Now, if the rebate is just $500 you may not think it is worth the squeeze.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Sure I will take the name. Thank you!

I did call Mullinax directly so I am waiting for their price. I will see what they say.
Hi.

Sorry for the late reply.

His name is Shannon Moore.

UNCGrad

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 AMB Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost 6.5 bed
We ordered a 2021 Powerboost 4X4 Platinum today from Walker Ford at $1,000 under invoice. Shawna and Tracy at Walker Ford were nice to work with and significantly more knowledgeable and easier to work with than Ferman Ford. Both dealers had offered to sell at invoice based on prior visits. What really pushed my wife and I away from Ferman was a sense of flippancy about whether or not they wanted to sell a retail order Platinum truck...on two separate occasions. Maybe the guys we spoke to were just having bad day(s). For example, we asked to see the 8 1/2" x 11" 2021 color choice book at Ferman, and the two associates that looked into the matter for me said they didn't have one. I also asked them to run the Platinum invoice numbers on a configured build and their response was "they didn't have anyone in on a Saturday that would be able to do that".

I wrote down the numbers I was comfortable with (listed above) prior going into the dealer, and if we could get close to X Plan pricing I was going to be happy. I asked to talk directly with a sales manager, brought my paperwork, asked for $1,000 less than invoice, reviewed their fees, and was ready to fan out my search if we couldn't make a deal. Tracy met with us and was able to offer us $1,000 under invoice. Their doc fee is $799 (ugh), but it seems you're going to get fee'd somewhere or another, even with the x-plan ($100 + 275 at a minimum).

All in all, we're ok with the price and excited to jump in line with everyone else!

PS - We struggled with which tow package option to specify or not specify. Ultimately chose not to add any additional tow packages to the Platinum trim level, which I hope is the right choice for us. I'm still not entirely sure what I'm getting for a tow package....we seemed to have more info than the dealer at this time...I hope they get some better documentation going forward. All I need tow wise is something to be able to pull my 4,000# boat/trailer in and out of the water about 1x/month and tow it to the Keys 1x/year. I think the Tow Technology Package standard with the Platinum trim will be adequate.

F150 4X4 Plat Dec 12 1 of 2.jpg

F150 4X4 Plat Dec 12 2 of 2.jpg
On your sheet, it lists rebates of $1,500. I wanted to confirm with you that you got this as part of your final price. I went to Walker Ford too and they gave me a rebate price that I would qualify for but no other dealer that I have contacted have mentioned these and one when I brought it up, said it would only be what was available at the time of delivery not guaranteed. I went back today and confirmed that that was the rebate I would get.

Sponsored

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
I didn't read through all the posts but just want to share my experience. I saw 3 dealers. Each said they could order. All are saying I can get the truck cheaper that way. They are all marking up $2-3K over invoice (which is about MSRP) for lot vehicles. They all said they would sell for $1-2 over invoice on an order. After haggling between all three (competitors!) I got them all to invoice price and one to just under invoice.
The main difference is trade in value. None would lock in a $$ value until the time of delivery (2 months??) Only one was honest enough to say they were offering $1K less than the others due to this uncertainty but would honor that price. It's a $1K gamble if the other two keep the trade in value by the time the truck arrives. Right now, with as hot as these 2021's are, I honestly don't see my 2018 STX value holding as well since there are tons of similar previous gen STX's on all the lots with a bunch of incentives. So, I took the bait and playing it safe.

Going with a 2021 XLT 2WD Rapid Red, 302A Sport pkg, Powerboost, 7.2kw Pro-power, tailgate step/work surface, sliding rear window, interior work surface, 360 camera, Co-Pilot360, tow technology pkg, B&O sound, 20" wheel/tires.
Build sheet invoice = $52129 with destination charge. $52000 on my Order confirmation page.

One note- the Ford online configuration tool is not allowing certain package combinations that the dealer's Ford software was able to put together. Most significantly, I could not get the Powerboost in 2WD with the sport package. It kept wanting to change to 4WD.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I didn't read through all the posts but just want to share my experience. I saw 3 dealers. Each said they could order. All are saying I can get the truck cheaper that way. They are all marking up $2-3K over invoice (which is about MSRP) for lot vehicles. They all said they would sell for $1-2 over invoice on an order. After haggling between all three (competitors!) I got them all to invoice price and one to just under invoice.
The main difference is trade in value. None would lock in a $$ value until the time of delivery (2 months??) Only one was honest enough to say they were offering $1K less than the others due to this uncertainty but would honor that price. It's a $1K gamble if the other two keep the trade in value by the time the truck arrives. Right now, with as hot as these 2021's are, I honestly don't see my 2018 STX value holding as well since there are tons of similar previous gen STX's on all the lots with a bunch of incentives. So, I took the bait and playing it safe.

Going with a 2021 XLT 2WD Rapid Red, 302A Sport pkg, Powerboost, 7.2kw Pro-power, tailgate step/work surface, sliding rear window, interior work surface, 360 camera, Co-Pilot360, tow technology pkg, B&O sound, 20" wheel/tires.
Build sheet invoice = $52129 with destination charge. $52000 on my Order confirmation page.

One note- the Ford online configuration tool is not allowing certain package combinations that the dealer's Ford software was able to put together. Most significantly, I could not get the Powerboost in 2WD with the sport package. It kept wanting to change to 4WD.
You know the price difference on 4WD trucks increases the value of that truck the full cost of the 4WD option for a least 5 years before it starts dropping down. I have researched the heck out of this and the first two years trade-in will actually yield a little more than what the option cost. Plus the demand for used 4WD trucks is higher than for 2WD trucks. MPGs for 4X4 is usually only 1 MPG less than 2WD drives these days.

Just throwing that out there.

Just a thought

petersonja22

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Engineer
Hey All - New to the forum, however, I thought I would join as I will be purchasing a new F150 in the next month or so. I have read through countless posts, but I may have missed it so don't chastise me too much. How do I get the X-Plan pin? I have see a few people say to join an org that offers x-plan but I cant seem to find anything about that online. Also, I have read that a few people just flat out ask the dealer to give it to them in the pricing. I have had a dealer quote me based on what they say is "x-plan" without me even asking for it but that dealership are very far from me.

Mods feel free to delete if this is not appropriate. Thank you all for the assistance.

Sponsored

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
You know the price difference on 4WD trucks increases the value of that truck the full cost of the 4WD option for a least 5 years before it starts dropping down. I have researched the heck out of this and the first two years trade-in will actually yield a little more than what the option cost. Plus the demand for used 4WD trucks is higher than for 2WD trucks. MPGs for 4X4 is usually only 1 MPG less than 2WD drives these days.

Just throwing that out there.

Just a thought
Thanks, I haven't thought of resale in the past since I usually keep my vehicles a bit longer. But I'm 'resetting' with this order since my STX was a 'necessary' purchase at the time.
My only issue is the up-front cost increase and subsequent payments since I'm financing.
I could sacrifice more down to make up the difference...
Damn you currybob!

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Explorer, 2021 VW ID.4, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
Anyone in San Diego area or even SoCal have a good dealer to buy from? I have X-plan so I can do that but looking to see if I can beat that.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Thanks, I haven't thought of resale in the past since I usually keep my vehicles a bit longer. But I'm 'resetting' with this order since my STX was a 'necessary' purchase at the time.
My only issue is the up-front cost increase and subsequent payments since I'm financing.
I could sacrifice more down to make up the difference...
Damn you currybob!
Lol! You are in Texas and that is truck country, you know I'm right and it will pay off in the long run, so sorry about that. Not... Whahahahaa I crack myself up sometimes. :sneaky:

petersonja22
It's a good crowd here not like some places. You can get as good as Xplan or better just going for $1k below invoice when you speak with dealers and they are still making money. Sometimes a little travel can save you a lot.

Good luck

petersonja22

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Engineer
Lol! You are in Texas and that is truck country, you know I'm right and it will pay off in the long run, so sorry about that. Not... Whahahahaa I crack myself up sometimes. :sneaky:

petersonja22
It's a good crowd here not like some places. You can get as good as Xplan or better just going for $1k below invoice when you speak with dealers and they are still making money. Sometimes a little travel can save you a lot.

Good luck
Thanks so much! I'm willing to drive - quite frankly it would be fun to have a road trip with the new truck. Didn't know how willing these dealers were to negotiate on these "hot" 2021s.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Thanks so much! I'm willing to drive - quite frankly it would be fun to have a road trip with the new truck. Didn't know how willing these dealers were to negotiate on these "hot" 2021s.
They are hot and getting hotter, you might want to expedite! Lol
Sponsored