Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
For those who are considering Greenway Ford and/or are keeping track of my story.

I called up to the the dealer just now, and got some good news! My salesperson said my order was assign a VIN and is scheduled like many of you all to be built during the first week of February (2/1).

Since I’m part of the cool kids club now, I have a question or two. My VIN populates on the tracker, but it shows “In Processing” and not “Scheduled for Production” like my dealer advised. For those who are ahead of me in the process, is that normal?
Thank you, sir. Really ecstatic, but cautiously optimistic since I know those dates are always subject to change.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Which tracker? The official Ford one, or the one where the forum member used the API and created a cool tracker for us? (the fordtracker dot tech one)
Tried the Ford customer one and the one on our site. Both still are “Order Processing” status.

At least it registers in both. I was fully expecting to have to wait several days to get in.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Thank you, sir. Really ecstatic, but cautiously optimistic since I’ve those dates are always subject to change.
I think they are running more normal now, just keep your fingers crossed. About a week before production you can see your window sticker, from that your blend number will show the actual date of production.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think they are running more normal now, just keep your fingers crossed. About a week before production you can see your window sticker, from that your blend number will show the actual date of production.

Interesting little tid-bit, I immediately used the VIN decoder to start looking for patterns and other truck info. According to the “K” in my my VIN, it’s slated to be built at the Claycomo, Kansas plant. My build doesn’t have any Kansas specific plant options, so I thought it would default to Dearborn.

For those in the know, is this normal or a sign they are trying to get production up to full speed?

Last edited:

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Interesting little rid bit, I immediately used the VIN decoder to start looking for patterns and other truck info. According to the “K” in my my VIN, it’s slated to be built at the Claycomo, Kansas plant. My build doesn’t have any Kansas specific plant options, so I thought it would default to Dearborn.

For those in the know, is this normal or a sign they are trying to get production up to full speed?
what is your vin

fordman2112

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum , Rapid Red Powerboost, BAP
Occupation
retired
For those who are considering Greenway Ford and/or are keeping track of my story.

I called up to the the dealer just now, and got some good news! My salesperson said my order was assigned a VIN and is scheduled like many of you all to be built during the first week of February (2/1).

Since I’m part of the cool kids club now, I have a question or two. My VIN populates on the tracker, but it shows “In Processing” and not “Scheduled for Production” like my dealer advised. For those who are ahead of me in the process, is that normal?
Congrats for the good news! Yes, my salesman gave me a VIN number 2-3 weeks ago, and a build date week of Jan 25th. But in the tracker, it still shows "in order processing". Hoping to see that change soon!

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Congrats for the good news! Yes, my salesman gave me a VIN number 2-3 weeks ago, and a build date week of Jan 25th. But in the tracker, it still shows "in order processing". Hoping to see that change soon!

Thank you! Alright, at least that is seemingly normal then.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Interesting little tid-bit, I immediately used the VIN decoder to start looking for patterns and other truck info. According to the “K” in my my VIN, it’s slated to be built at the Claycomo, Kansas plant. My build doesn’t have any Kansas specific plant options, so I thought it would default to Dearborn.

You do know that Dearborn built trucks are superior to those built in KC, right?

I am only joking. There’s no truth to that whatsoever. ?

Seriously though, a big congratulations on your positive news. Happy to hear you finally have your VIN. The possible benefit to getting your truck a touch later is that the kinks that some of us here are experiencing will be worked out.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You do know that Dearborn built trucks are superior to those built in KC, right?

I am only joking. There’s no truth to that whatsoever. ?

Seriously though, a big congratulations on your positive news. Happy to hear you finally have your VIN. The possible benefit to getting your truck a touch later is that the kinks that some of us here are experiencing will be worked out.

Thats what I was thinking too. It helped..... a little. The update of a VIN and at least being able to get onto the tracker should tide me over for a few weeks!

Sponsored

Caferd

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Self
I ordered over a month ago and they still don’t have a vin for me. Is that normal?

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I ordered over a month ago and they still don’t have a vin for me. Is that normal?

Yes. I ordered 10/28 and finally got a VIN today.

Hopefully it won’t be much longer since it appears the plants are getting up to ? %.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 9/22. No VIN yet?‍♂
Really? I though I was one of the last odd men out. Have you contacted your dealer and asked?

I was originally under the impression that Ford would reach out to me at that part of the process. However, I was incorrect. For you, they may still be moving forward and have assigned a VIN, but not notified you yet.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Start checking for a window sticker around the 19th or so, you can look at the blend number then and see the actual day it will get built.
Sponsored