Need tonneau cover help

Nighsight

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
I'm frustrated. I'm on my second tonneau cover and it's leaking.

First cover I had was the revolver xrPro. Great cover but inherently not even close to weatherproof. Sold that cover because of that and other reasons.

Got a ArmorFlex a few weeks ago and it's leaking all over. Leaking at both ends of the bed. I'm contacting Undercover tomorrow, but I don't have high hopes.

I need suggestions on covers that are relatively weather tight. Don't care much about it being a flip cover vs rolling cover. Let me know your thoughts.
Sponsored

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
If you need weather tight and secure, https://diamondbackcovers.com/ is a good option. It’s not great if you need the ability to quickly remove it to use the whole bed, but it’s a tank otherwise. My friends that had to secure their work gear and keep it dry love these.

I have the WeatherTech AlloyCover, and so far it hasn’t leaked in any weather.

Copperhaun

First Name
Jered
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 STX Screw 157” wb
Occupation
Peasant
I know I’ll probably get some hate for this, but my cheapo Tyger roll up tonneau from Amazon has never once leaked, at least enough for me to notice. Even with snow and what rain we do get, stuff stays dry.

I know the cheap vinyl isn’t for everyone, but for the price, it’s held up really well on two F150s already. The only reason I bought a new one with the new truck is that the hellacious winds driving through Wyoming this spring absolutely destroyed the old one.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Water in the bed of a pick up truck might not be an issue for anyone other than "me" and I get that. But if it's an "issue" for you...

I drove my Undercover SE today in an "Atmospheric River" and it didn't leak a drop!

Darkjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, CR-V
Occupation
God of Tech
The Tyger tri-fold has been mostly waterproof. Even still so after a car wash.

Sponsored

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
I'm frustrated. I'm on my second tonneau cover and it's leaking.

First cover I had was the revolver xrPro. Great cover but inherently not even close to weatherproof. Sold that cover because of that and other reasons.

Got a ArmorFlex a few weeks ago and it's leaking all over. Leaking at both ends of the bed. I'm contacting Undercover tomorrow, but I don't have high hopes.

I need suggestions on covers that are relatively weather tight. Don't care much about it being a flip cover vs rolling cover. Let me know your thoughts.
First. The bed has to drain .. there are some gaps at front and back edges in bottom of bed as you know. I got a pretty tight tough bed seal which almost sealed the edge gaps in front but there are plastic caps at corners to tap through w drain tubes that came with my backflip cover . I have some edge seal for back of bed where tailgate closes . The seal on the rail is excellent that i warmed with heat gun or hair dryer on install. I get very little water in bed and drains well . If i need to keep luggage off floor as thats where any water dwells i have a big plastic bin or 2 whose walls i cut down to few inches that i put dry luggage in . Any minor water dwells in the recessed channels in the bed anyway. It never drips in sides

Marty811

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR Powerboost, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
I wanted a cover that was weather proof and secure. The Undercover Elete doesn’t leak a drop. Also had the dealer install the dust seals.
Plus it looks good. It has the Ford logo which looks good.

Ford F-150 Need tonneau cover help 17E5DA17-6FA8-4515-B960-2014D75DC070

Ford F-150 Need tonneau cover help 51789574-AF39-44A9-A21B-1B0806B48467

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
I wanted a cover that was weather proof and secure. The Undercover Elete doesn’t leak a drop. Also had the dealer install the dust seals.
Plus it looks good. It has the Ford logo which looks good.

17E5DA17-6FA8-4515-B960-2014D75DC070.jpeg

51789574-AF39-44A9-A21B-1B0806B48467.jpeg
I’m in the same boat. I often carry sensitive electronic test equipment that cost more than my truck. I CAN’T have it getting wet!

I know many of the folding, rolling Tonneau covers don’t leak “at first”. But I can’t risk them staying watertight after opening and closing them over time.

These Tonneaus come off in 10-min so if I need use of my full bed… I just take it off.

Last edited:

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I have a Lomax stance Hard folding cover on my platinum f150. I love it nice tight seal and no leaks yet.

Sponsored

CindyC-IL

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Occupation
Business Systems Analyst
The Tyger trifold interferes with the tailgate release. It won't open. You have to do a little tug on the tailgate.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I have the Leer HF650M and have zero issues. The truck has been driven in and sat in heavy rain without a leak. In addition, nada at the car wash either, which was typically when my Toyota's tonneau leaked.

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter