Need help!

ddeford78

First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum Powerboost
I was updating my 2023 PB through FDRS when my laptop crashed. I was right in the middle of the IPMA update when it happened. Now I'm unable to restart the update because it says unable to communicate with module. When I restart FDRS it gives me multiple DTCs and I have multiple warnings on the dash. I have restarted the computer, unable plugged and replugged the cables, etc. I currently have both batteries disconnected and I'm going to retry in the morning. Have I bricked the IPMA module or is there a workaround? Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

NotMyName

First Name
John Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco First Edition, 2022 F150 Platinum
Reach out to our great member Jesse-infotainment. He will be your best source for a fix.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Also download and install TeamViewer. Jesse may need that to remote in and do his magic.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Since there is a post Ill go ahead and post this so if anyone ever has this happen.

First thing is its going to be ok. Module is fine.

Second thing is shut truck down and lock it and walk away for 30 min or so. Let the truck go to sleep

Once you come back open up FDRS

Select IPMA from the Module tree.

Select Programmable Module Installation

Select NO when asked if the original module is installed

Then follow the prompts and it will now see the module again and start to flash it.

The PMI will also update it. SO you will not be required to do the update afterwards. Once the PMI is complete youll be all set to move on.

The IPMA is a group update meaning it will roll into the PSCM, CCM, and CMR if you have it.

So once the IPMA is complete you can skip the other modules IF those have already been updated in not it will roll through and you can let it complete them all.

Edit - If you get stuck on configuring module dont let it sit for hours. after a few mins and it doesnt complete, abort out of FDRS by closing the app with the X at the top right as you would for any windows app. When you click the X it will bring up a scary abort are you sure click hell yes I am and the same on the next one until youre out.

Then open FDRS and you can rescan and the IPMA update should be gone.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jimalt

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Star White Platinum PB 157” FX4 Max Tow
Occupation
Service
Since there is a post Ill go ahead and post this so if anyone ever has this happen.

Second thing is shut truck down and lock it and walk away for 30 min or so. Let the truck go to sleep

Then follow the prompts and it will now see the module again and start to flash it.

The PMI will also update it. SO you will not be required to do the update afterwards. Once the PMI is complete youll be all set to move on.

The IPMA is a group update meaning it will roll into the PSCM, CCM, and CMR if you have it.

So once the IPMA is complete you can skip the other modules IF those have already been updated in not it will roll through and you can let it complete them all.
This guy should have a cape with a big S on it! Thanks and a handshake for being so helpful to everyone!

tpatt27

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thank you @Jesse-Infotainment for posting that fix! This exact same thing happened to me yesterday and I was in full panic mode lol. Got the IPMA fixed and everything else up to date in FDRS, but still seems like it doesn't have all the features it should (unreal theme, cameras at speed, bed camera card, Alexa).
Its been a struggle since I bought this truck...If anyone has recommendations I would greatly appreciate it.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thank you @Jesse-Infotainment for posting that fix! This exact same thing happened to me yesterday and I was in full panic mode lol. Got the IPMA fixed and everything else up to date in FDRS, but still seems like it doesn't have all the features it should (unreal theme, cameras at speed, bed camera card, Alexa).
Its been a struggle since I bought this truck...If anyone has recommendations I would greatly appreciate it.
Unreal is optional.. wont be enabled automatically.

Unreal is
7D0-02-02
XXXX XXX1 XXXX

BED CAM CARD IS

7D0-01-03
XXXX XXXX XFXX

CAMS AT SPEED

IPMA
706-02-02
XXXF XXXX XXXX (THIS IS FOR 360 ONLY)

XXX1 XXXX XXXX (REAR CAM ONLY)

Alexa Ill ahve to remote in to enable that. I dotn give those out publicly

tpatt27

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Unreal is optional.. wont be enabled automatically.

Unreal is
7D0-02-02
XXXX XXX1 XXXX

BED CAM CARD IS

7D0-01-03
XXXX XXXX XFXX

CAMS AT SPEED

IPMA
706-02-02
XXXF XXXX XXXX (THIS IS FOR 360 ONLY)

XXX1 XXXX XXXX (REAR CAM ONLY)

Alexa Ill ahve to remote in to enable that. I dotn give those out publicly
Oh ok, I was thinking all of it should have been enabled after updating everything without using forscan, thank you. You seem to be the wizard here with all the sync stuff, I don't want to bother you but I have a few questions, would you mind if I PM'd you?

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Oh ok, I was thinking all of it should have been enabled after updating everything without using forscan, thank you. You seem to be the wizard here with all the sync stuff, I don't want to bother you but I have a few questions, would you mind if I PM'd you?
No problem.

ReverendQ

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT PowerBoost 302A Avalanche BAP
Occupation
Engineer

Edit - If you get stuck on configuring module dont let it sit for hours. after a few mins and it doesnt complete, abort out of FDRS by closing the app with the X at the top right as you would for any windows app. When you click the X it will bring up a scary abort are you sure click hell yes I am and the same on the next one until youre out.

Then open FDRS and you can rescan and the IPMA update should be gone.
@Jesse-Infotainment , well, I somehow got myself in the situation others have with IPMA update. Thanks for posting this fix. I am implementing it now. Any feel for how long the IPMA PMI will take? And will it require FDRS Alignment Procedure, whatever that is?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
@Jesse-Infotainment , well, I somehow got myself in the situation others have with IPMA update. Thanks for posting this fix. I am implementing it now. Any feel for how long the IPMA PMI will take? And will it require FDRS Alignment Procedure, whatever that is?
THe PMI will take the same amount of time the Update would. 1.5 - 3 hours

no need for the alignment or calibrations

ReverendQ

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT PowerBoost 302A Avalanche BAP
Occupation
Engineer
THe PMI will take the same amount of time the Update would. 1.5 - 3 hours

no need for the alignment or calibrations
Thanks again Jesse and sorry to bother you once more but....It is coming up on 4 hours. I just checked the truck and it was OFF and the PC showed this. I turned the truck back Key ON Engineer OFF but it IPMA PIM appears stuck. Truck appears to be all good but some settings i.e. 5MPH tolerance need reset. Please advise. Do I need to be patient or cancel out of this screen?

I Aborted it, shut down FDRS and the truck, cleared DTCs, restarted FDRS and all is well, all green and no updates showing needed. I will check again but if you are so inclined, please verify no modules to udpate. Thanks!!!
Ford F-150 Need help! 20240405_193314

Last edited:

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks again Jesse and sorry to bother you once more but....It is coming up on 4 hours. I just checked the truck and it was OFF and the PC showed this. I turned the truck back Key ON Engineer OFF but it IPMA PIM appears stuck. Truck appears to be all good but some settings i.e. 5MPH tolerance need reset. Please advise. Do I need to be patient or cancel out of this screen?

I Aborted it, shut down FDRS and the truck, cleared DTCs, restarted FDRS and all is well, all green and no updates showing needed. I will check again but if you are so inclined, please verify no modules to udpate. Thanks!!!
20240405_193314.jpg
Yeah if it gets stuck on configuration just close out fdrs.. it’s fine..

It’s fine nothing is wrong. Happens to everyone just about.
Sponsored