First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 4x4 with Max Tow
Occupation
U.S. Army Active Duty Critical Care Flight Paramedic
I purchased four new 295/70/R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers and a 2 inch Rough Country Level kit. I dropped the truck off at the local tire place this morning at 8:15. They quoted me 2.5 hours of labor plus 25 bucks per tire install. Going to cost about 450ish after tax with the alignment. I called at 4pm to check the status and they told me they took the right front wheel off and started to read the instructions and there were entire to many electrical components on the front end that they didn’t feel comfortable messing with so they were putting it back together and I could come pick it up. Needless to say the tires are back in my garage. Also, they opened the boxes for the level kit as well as the hardware bags so I hope to god everything is still in it ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jackson84

Jackson84

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I called the local Ford dealer and they quoted me 3 hours, also told me they couldn’t reprogram the speedometer for the larger tire unless I had a scanner to do it as there’s only gives them options for factory tires. Ford said it would be about 450 before tax for everything. I’m active duty stationed in Louisiana so places to go are slim without driving an hour or so which if it’s what I have to do I will. The local dealer said it would be about 2 weeks before they could get to it and they have some crappy reviews so I’m not thrilled about having them do it.

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 500A Powerboost 4x4
I purchased four new 295/70/R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers and a 2 inch Rough Country Level kit. I dropped the truck off at the local tire place this morning at 8:15. They quoted me 2.5 hours of labor plus 25 bucks per tire install. Going to cost about 450ish after tax with the alignment. I called at 4pm to check the status and they told me they took the right front wheel off and started to read the instructions and there were entire to many electrical components on the front end that they didn’t feel comfortable messing with so they were putting it back together and I could come pick it up. Needless to say the tires are back in my garage. Also, they opened the boxes for the level kit as well as the hardware bags so I hope to god everything is still in it ?
I think the Powerboosts are the only ones with electrical wires and brackets crowding the upper strut mount. I installed a 2 inch Motofab level kit by myself with only hand tools (Powerboost F150 4x4). It took some work, but you just have to loosen 2 bolts so the brackets have enough wiggle room for a wrench to access the upper strut nuts. And this really is only needed for 1 of the 3 strut nuts. Perhaps you could go back to the original shop and see if their tech will attempt it again knowing that the brackets do not have to be fully removed for this installation.

OP
OP
Jackson84

Jackson84

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I think the Powerboosts are the only ones with electrical wires and brackets crowding the upper strut mount. I installed a 2 inch Motofab level kit by myself with only hand tools (Powerboost F150 4x4). It took some work, but you just have to loosen 2 bolts so the brackets have enough wiggle room for a wrench to access the upper strut nuts. And this really is only needed for 1 of the 3 strut nuts. Perhaps you could go back to the original shop and see if their tech will attempt it again knowing that the brackets do not have to be fully removed for this installation.
They didn’t give me a warm and fuzzy feeling from the start. Just gonna try and find another shop. Just trying to understand what to expect.

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Subaru, 21 f150 502a ecoboost
Occupation
Utility maintenance worker
I called the local Ford dealer and they quoted me 3 hours, also told me they couldn’t reprogram the speedometer for the larger tire unless I had a scanner to do it as there’s only gives them options for factory tires. Ford said it would be about 450 before tax for everything. I’m active duty stationed in Louisiana so places to go are slim without driving an hour or so which if it’s what I have to do I will. The local dealer said it would be about 2 weeks before they could get to it and they have some crappy reviews so I’m not thrilled about having them do it.
You gotta remember that most people who have good experiences at dealerships don’t often go out and give good reviews, Just my 2c.
My 502a ecoboost has level sensors on each of the upper control arms. The powerboost just has an extra harness above the strut tower.

Jaylars

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 5.4 XLT SCREW and 2021 5.0 XLT SCREW
Occupation
Military
Ask a few mechanics around the motor pool if they can help you do it yourself. Save some money and you will know it was done exactly as you want it. A case of beer and chow might work. Good luck.
Sponsored