Sponsored

Need explanation between radio systems (non-B&O, B&O, B&O Unleashed)

mragadorspartacus

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 3.5EB, Guard Green two tone
Occupation
IT Director
I've ordered a new XLT 302a without the B&O upgrade because I honestly thought it came with it. If I use the builder on Ford's site and select the 302a High package, the B&O Leashed system is shown but Unleashed is an option. I'm guessing this is an error?
Ford F-150 Need explanation between radio systems (non-B&O, B&O, B&O Unleashed) 1637511837477

If it is, what will I be getting? A 6x speaker standard audio system or a 8x speaker standard audio system?

Does this option have HD Radio? If not, would the B&O Leashed system come with HD Radio?

Also, if someone has a diagram showing where the speakers are located in the vehicle, I'd appreciate that very much.

Ford F-150 Need explanation between radio systems (non-B&O, B&O, B&O Unleashed) 1637511845166
Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
With XLT, you have two options. The included standard 6 speaker or the $600 8 speaker B&O option. The 18 speaker B&O unleashed is not an option. When you complete the build and price, you'll see the actual options available.

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
Have a XLT 302A with 6 speakers. One speaker on each A-pillar and one speaker on each door. There is no speaker in the middle of the dashboard or behind the rear drivers seat. Also, no HD Radio, but I have wireless Android Auto so who cares. I have HD Radio in a 2011 Ford Fusion SEL and hardly ever use it. The 6 speaker system in the XLT 302A sounds surprisingly good - I think you will be happy with it.

The one advantage of not having an 8 speaker system is you gain space behind the drivers side rear seat where they put the little subwoofer. That extra space holds all my recovery gear (snatch straps) tow hitch, payload tie down, extension cord for ProPower (See pic). That allows me to keep the flat storage space empty when I raise the rear seats.

Ford should fix that website...it's misleading...how can anyone believe a build configurator that shows contradicting information?

Ford F-150 Need explanation between radio systems (non-B&O, B&O, B&O Unleashed) 20211024_170128

OP
OP
mragadorspartacus

mragadorspartacus

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 3.5EB, Guard Green two tone
Occupation
IT Director
Have a XLT 302A with 6 speakers. One speaker on each A-pillar and one speaker on each door. There is no speaker in the middle of the dashboard or behind the rear drivers seat. Also, no HD Radio, but I have wireless Android Auto so who cares. I have HD Radio in a 2011 Ford Fusion SEL and hardly ever use it. The 6 speaker system in the XLT 302A sounds surprisingly good - I think you will be happy with it.

The one advantage of not having an 8 speaker system is you gain space behind the drivers side rear seat where they put the little subwoofer. That extra space holds all my recovery gear (snatch straps) tow hitch, payload tie down, extension cord for ProPower (See pic). That allows me to keep the flat storage space empty when I raise the rear seats.

Ford should fix that website...it's misleading...how can anyone believe a build configurator that shows contradicting information?

20211024_170128.jpg
Thanks for the detail, you answered all of my questions. I was curious about that center speaker thing plus the sub. I'm glad the standard system sounds good. Also, great point about gaining space behind the rear seat.

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
Are you sure about only 6 speakers?
I have a S-Crew XLT 302A and it came with 7 speakers, including the center channel.
I replaced the center channel, installed components in the front and rear doors and bought the Ford accessory Kicker subwoofer box.
If I had to do it again, I would buy a truck box with an 8 or 10” woofer that fits behind the seat, then get some heavy hitter 6” for the rear doors instead of components.
Then get an amplifier for the sub and rear doors.

Sponsored

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
Perhaps there are 7 (center channel) instead of 6 speakers. It really is difficult to know because it is becoming clearer and clearer that the Ford websites have so many errors on their webpages. I'm beginning to think that a standard non B&O in a XLT 302A may have 7 speakers based on your comment that you replaced the center channel. One thing I know for sure is that I do not have B&O because I do not have the B&O logo in my truck and there is no amplifier and subwoofer behind the rear seat on the drivers side.

Here's a pic that shows 6 speakers in the description for a 2021 XLT 302A that is available for sale right now. It's at the dealership I purchased from. This is why the number 6 is stuck in my head. There are also other F150's with the XLT 302A package like this one below that shows 6 speakers. So, between the Ford Build configurator pages and Dealership pages, there appears to be lots of bad/inconsistent information about the radio systems.

Reference:
https://www.appleford.com/all-inventory/index.htm?year=2021&make=Ford&model=F-150

Ford F-150 Need explanation between radio systems (non-B&O, B&O, B&O Unleashed) Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 1.38.52 AM

Last edited:

67440dodge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL on order 67 Dodge Coronet 440
Occupation
Retired
Here's a pic that shows 6 speakers in the description for a 2021 XLT 302A that is available for sale right now. It's at the dealership I purchased from. This is why the number 6 is stuck in my head. There are also other F150's with the XLT 302A package like this one below that shows 6 speakers. So, between the Ford Build configurator pages and Dealership pages, there appears to be lots of bad/inconsistent information about the radio systems.
I agree... if you look at the standard cab 101A High package on the Ford site, it shows it comes with the "10 speaker B&OSound system and available Unleashed Unleased Sound System". Where the heck they gonna put 10 speakers into a standard cab truck unless they put coaxials in doors and dash and 2 regulars behind seat"? (It doesnt' come with it according to the salesman, it's a mistake, it requires extra doors ad 302A at least).

Ford F-150 Need explanation between radio systems (non-B&O, B&O, B&O Unleashed) 1637667510180
Sponsored