• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Damn. Does this mean the first year production is completely sold out?

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
Estimate based on statement by the battery supplier is they plan for 80k the first year. It isn't clear if they are counting commercial/fleet customers in the current 44k reservation count, but given that reservations are not orders and I think conversion rate of previous reservation vehicles (Bronco and that) was around 70% or so? I expect them to oversell on reservations with actual conversion rate won't be 100%. I think they will stop around 100k reservations if I had to guess.

Squatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reef flip flops
I'm just glad to be day one-ish on this vehicle so I'm pretty sure I'll get mine in that first year of production.

I think the first year will be effectively sold out by the end of the week; like my Raiders getting mathematically eliminated early, lol.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I'm just glad to be day one-ish on this vehicle so I'm pretty sure I'll get mine in that first year of production.

I think the first year will be effectively sold out by the end of the week; like my Raiders getting mathematically eliminated early, lol.
Lmao….. Raider fan here too!!!

Sponsored

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
retired
Glad I read this thread, I think there are 30,000 orders ahead of me, so I was wondering if I would get one next year. It does surprise me that the will have enough batteries for 80,000 orders.

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
They are still taking Bronco reservations even though they are close to 200,000 reservations (rumors only) They will give out bad news next year. I would guess they are going to go with 50,000 fleet and 50,000 consumer.

Horse-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD
Seriously though, for $100, a lot of those reservations have to be speculative. Mach E was $500 so that required a bit more thought. I think the number quoted for Mach E conversion from placed order to final sale was 70%. So if every reservation turns into an order, high bound would be somewhere around 70%, then scale down from there, I’d guess half, so figure reservation to sale of 35%. The $40k base price likely shocked some folks into reserving, I think when some people actually see what you get in the base model, and that the $55K XLT is the place to start, and even still missing some key features, you’re going to see more than a few canceled reservations. Hype is good for Ford though. Last time it was “not a Mustang” and this time it’s “under $40K.”