First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, Hybrid, Dbl cab, short bed
Occupation
Retired educator
When my Navi screen is on and I am not actively using it for guidance, it often shows an address in the upper left hand corner, maybe as a suggestion of where I might want to go? The address it most frequently shows is nowhere that I have ever entered, just someplace I parked while working at a job site for the first few days I owned the new truck.
How can I delete this address and prevent it from happening again?

Thanks
Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Maybe you left something there that the truck knows about and it is just trying to help.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
It is a setting in your nav settings. Predictive destinations is what I think it's called. You can turn it off.

OP
OP
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired educator
Thanks, that was it.
Now can you tell me what “Breadcrumbs” is ?
It is a choice in settings, but no info on it.

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Thanks, that was it.
Now can you tell me what “Breadcrumbs” is ?
It is a choice in settings, but no info on it.
It leaves little brown dots on locations that the truck has been to. I'm not sure of the criteria that the truck uses when deciding whether or not to leave a "breadcrumb," however I have yet to see any use of it other than to spy on anyone else who uses your truck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired educator
It leaves little brown dots on locations that the truck has been to. I'm not sure of the criteria that the truck uses when deciding whether or not to leave a "breadcrumb," however I have yet to see any use of it other than to spy on anyone else who uses your truck.
Thanks again.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Breadcrumbs are for off road mostly or roads not on gps. They will help trace your route which comes in handy if you are deep in the woods for example.
If Ford ever gets their acts in gear with the maps, I have a main road here that is over 3 years old and when I take it, truck leaves nice breadcrumbs on screen. They never updated on Sync 3.2, 3.4 nor 4.0 and if they plan n having a subscription for maps, then I expect them to be accurate.
Hope that helps...

Gazoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Powerboost HEV
Occupation
Retired
Had anyone experienced the nav system taking you down unpaved roads when clearly the paved route is shorter and obviously the preferred route? I've had this happen numerous times. I've even plugged in a known address with the most direct routeand the system chooses an unpaved route that leads to a dead end. I had the same issues with my 2016 Ford Sync Nav system. Now I find myself not depending on the route given without first checking Google maps on my phone.

OP
OP
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired educator
Yep! Though not to a dead end. It did take us on an unpaved single track narrow road through five miles of forest in western Michigan while towing our travel trailer. And there were numerous paved routes available. That was not fun, and also the last time I used the Nav.
Sponsored