Sponsored

Nav turn by turn in cluster erratic

redactedAlias

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 powerboost platinum, 18 road king special
Hey yall. Just curious if there is a setting or update or just something to deal with. If I use the vehicle nav instead of AA, the turn by turn in the instrument cluster has a mind of its own. It seems to randomly display the upcoming turn (miles and miles early) then realizes its not necessary and goes back to the MyView after about half a second. Some times it does this what seems like every half mile until the turn comes up and then it does what its supposed to, other times it doesnt seem to do it at all. Not a big deal, just wondering if its a known bug they are working on or if there is a fix? Maybe its just mine. Thanks!
Sponsored

Bearii

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Mine does the same thing, let's hope someone figured out what setting turns that off.

OP
OP

redactedAlias

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 powerboost platinum, 18 road king special
I like the turn by turn on the cluster. In fact I wish I could make that the center widget when I'm using nav instead of the trip info. Just not sure what makes it go wacky. At first I thought it was the turn signal or changing lanes doing it but it's not. Now I'm thinking it may be the lane keep or centering going off and the truck thinking you're going off course for a second? Have to test that tomorrow

Ebrou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 5.0L Sport 4x4
Hey yall. Just curious if there is a setting or update or just something to deal with. If I use the vehicle nav instead of AA, the turn by turn in the instrument cluster has a mind of its own. It seems to randomly display the upcoming turn (miles and miles early) then realizes its not necessary and goes back to the MyView after about half a second. Some times it does this what seems like every half mile until the turn comes up and then it does what its supposed to, other times it doesnt seem to do it at all. Not a big deal, just wondering if its a known bug they are working on or if there is a fix? Maybe its just mine. Thanks!

Mine does the same thing. It is spiritic, and sometimes it does it every tenth of a mile then it could be half mile. annoying to say the least.

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
I can't say I've noticed this myself, but I have run into a handful of times in which the dash cluster fell way behind the sync screen... like "three turns ago" behind.

I prefer carplay and rarely use sync for navigation, so I can't really say how relatively often it occurs - I've seen it three times since getting the truck in February.

Loosely related: I swear I recall seeing a post here with a rumor that there were plans to integrate third-party nav systems (Carplay / Android Auto) with the cluster display. Perhaps I'm losing it, but I can't find any mention of that now... does anyone recall hearing about any plans for this?

Sponsored

heffer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A
I have been doing some testing on this. If I have Android Auto on and use Built-in Navigation I get the erratic instrument cluster. If I disable my Android Auto and then use the Built-In navigation I don't have the issue. I needed to re-start the vehicle in between for it to be resolved. Can anyone else verify this works for them?

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I used the built in nav this week for the first time. My cluster i have set to calm and each turn sequence i would get the strobe affect flashing the directions on the calm screen. I also get a loud 2 second screech from the speakers right before she announces the directions to take.

I did have android auto on , will test out disabling aa and see of this does have an affect on it
Sponsored