First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
Has anyone ever had or plan to tint your truck with the nano ceramic window tint. It looks amazing at blocking heat. However, it is pricey At around $800. Also, has anyone had clear tint put on the windshield to block heat/uv. Here is a video that explains it. Also other videos on YouTube.
Sponsored

Texasboy1022

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Has anyone ever had or plan to tint your truck with the nano ceramic window tint. It looks amazing at blocking heat. However, it is pricey At around $800. Also, has anyone had clear tint put on the windshield to block heat/uv. Here is a video that explains it. Also other videos on YouTube.
I just tinted my new truck this week. I did Formula One Pinnacle on the cab, 30% all the way around, 3M Crystalline on the windshield (70%), and did a ceramic 15% custom tint on the moonroof. The shop I use had this developed especially for sun/moon roofs since those can be trickier with the heat. Moon roofs can crack and even break if you put a high hear rejection film on them, from what I have been told. I had this same setup on my ‘16 Platinum and loved it. I’m in Central Texas where most of the year is hot and dry. The heat rejection is night and day difference. I am reminded every time I get in any car without a similar setup. The windshield is a game changer, as well as the moon roof. If you like to drive around with your shade open, you can feel the heat coming through. I do not feel that anymore and the added tint definitely helps knock down the bright light on a clear day. My setup also allows me to run the AC at a lower fan setting too which cuts down on the noise, which I like. Truck stays very cool and keep it at 2 or 3 even on a hot day once i get it cooled down, and it cools quickly.

I grew up in Tyler and have a sister that still lives there. Had my old truck up there last July, no problems at all.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I just tinted my new truck this week. I did Formula One Pinnacle on the cab, 30% all the way around, 3M Crystalline on the windshield (70%),

In San Antonio? Who did it? and are they north, south east or west?
Im way south--outside of 1604

OP
OP
Reeltime

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
I just tinted my new truck this week. I did Formula One Pinnacle on the cab, 30% all the way around, 3M Crystalline on the windshield (70%), and did a ceramic 15% custom tint on the moonroof. The shop I use had this developed especially for sun/moon roofs since those can be trickier with the heat. Moon roofs can crack and even break if you put a high hear rejection film on them, from what I have been told. I had this same setup on my ‘16 Platinum and loved it. I’m in Central Texas where most of the year is hot and dry. The heat rejection is night and day difference. I am reminded every time I get in any car without a similar setup. The windshield is a game changer, as well as the moon roof. If you like to drive around with your shade open, you can feel the heat coming through. I do not feel that anymore and the added tint definitely helps knock down the bright light on a clear day. My setup also allows me to run the AC at a lower fan setting too which cuts down on the noise, which I like. Truck stays very cool and keep it at 2 or 3 even on a hot day once i get it cooled down, and it cools quickly.

I grew up in Tyler and have a sister that still lives there. Had my old truck up there last July, no problems at all.
Thanks, I live 50 NW of Tyler, definitely want a tent that help with the heat. Any reason your shop does not use 3m crystalline on the doors and back glass?

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150

About how much did the full set run you?

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I just tinted the front two door windows yesterday, matched the rest of the truck using 20% and it cost me 45.00 for the precut film. did it myself in a hour!
Do you have any pictures in the daylight if this? 20 seems low to match stock but I’m going to have to decide on this myself. What tint exactly?

daytpwr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Do you have any pictures in the daylight if this? 20 seems low to match stock but I’m going to have to decide on this myself. What tint exactly?

I am in South Florida and I am doing this exact same setup this week.

Texasboy1022

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Thanks, I live 50 NW of Tyler, definitely want a tent that help with the heat. Any reason your shop does not use 3m crystalline on the doors and back glass?
That was my decision. I did not like the color of the darker Crystalline. The heat rejection is similar but the color is noticeable. I prefer the gray/dark gray shades personally, good balance of black throughout.

Sponsored

Texasboy1022

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4
In San Antonio? Who did it? and are they north, south east or west?
Im way south--outside of 1604
NW SA. Daddy’s Tint in the Med Center did the windshield and moonroof and Custom Sounds did the doors and back. I used the San Pedro location and I know they have multiple locations. they offer Crystalline for windshields but were a lot more money, more than double from what I paid. I also had Black Jack Speed Shop (Tim Duncan’s place) put a Rhino liner in it which looks incredible. They have a new formula and has been getting better reviews than Line X, which I have had on 3 prior trucks.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
I don't know crap about tint windows - When you say you tinted the front windshield was it the entire windshield or a top band?

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I don't know crap about tint windows - When you say you tinted the front windshield was it the entire windshield or a top band?
The base of this new ceramic tint technology is a clear film. That is what fends off they majority of the heat and UV rays. Tint installers can now place this clear layer over the windshield without making it gray/black, and illegal in most states.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Was that with removing factory to it as well? I know some tint installers charge for that.
Factory tint on the rear windows is not a film it is colored glass per my understanding. There's no removing it.
Sponsored