Sponsored

Nano ceramic window tint

Airspeed00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 502 SCREW
I got Xpel’s Prime XR ceramic tint all the way around. 15% on the sides and rear windshield, 70% on the front windshield.

I did a write up on it once it was installed few months back over here ?:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/xpel-prime-xr-plus-f-150-review-☀??.3587/
Not gonna lie, I got the XR plus based off of your review. I love it, and the truck is drastically cooler when I first open it up.

20% on front sides, 70% on everything else (including windshield and pano roof)
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Not gonna lie, I got the XR plus based off of your review. I love it, and the truck is drastically cooler when I first open it up.

20% on front sides, 70% on everything else (including windshield and pano roof)

Nice! Glad to hear! I’m definitely still liking mine. Still hot as hell during peak afternoon times, but nowhere near as hot as it would be without it! Cools down quicker too.

fxxkintallguy

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L 302A 5.5 SB
Just did 3M 70% ceramic on the windshield and all previously factory tinted rear glass, and 25% ceramic on the from driver and passenger windows. I can tell you that it is a NOTICABLE difference in keeping heat out. When I hop in the truck, its much cooler that before. If I let it run for a few minutes as I'm stepping out the door, the cab is actually cold. And when I'm driving, I don't feel the heat radiating off my windows and onto my face, and just barely feel the warmth from the sun on my arms under direct sunlight. 100% worth it. Got it installed for $600 at my local shop. My only gripe with it is that it does have a little bit of haziness because of the ceramic particles in the film. It only shows when the sun hits it at a certain angle though, and only on the 25% tint. You can't see any haze on the 70%.

Not to mention it looks amazing :cool:

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
has anybody noticed the windshield fogs up more often with the ceramic tint?

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
I have the Xpel Prime XR on mine and I have not had any inside fogging.

Sponsored

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
If there is anything climate related, we get it in Texas at any time of year. This includes fog strangely enough, but certainly not the norm.

Detroit87

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 lariat
Occupation
Sub station operator
I just tinted the front two door windows yesterday, matched the rest of the truck using 20% and it cost me 45.00 for the precut film. did it myself in a hour!
Is it hard to do? (Never done it and relatively handy)

starock

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
I just tinted my new truck this week. I did Formula One Pinnacle on the cab, 30% all the way around, 3M Crystalline on the windshield (70%), and did a ceramic 15% custom tint on the moonroof. The shop I use had this developed especially for sun/moon roofs since those can be trickier with the heat. Moon roofs can crack and even break if you put a high hear rejection film on them, from what I have been told. I had this same setup on my ‘16 Platinum and loved it. I’m in Central Texas where most of the year is hot and dry. The heat rejection is night and day difference. I am reminded every time I get in any car without a similar setup. The windshield is a game changer, as well as the moon roof. If you like to drive around with your shade open, you can feel the heat coming through. I do not feel that anymore and the added tint definitely helps knock down the bright light on a clear day. My setup also allows me to run the AC at a lower fan setting too which cuts down on the noise, which I like. Truck stays very cool and keep it at 2 or 3 even on a hot day once i get it cooled down, and it cools quickly.

I grew up in Tyler and have a sister that still lives there. Had my old truck up there last July, no problems at all.
I’m in central texas also, where did you take your truck and what was the cost?

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I recently paid $600 and got XPEL PRIME XR Black (not Plus) Ceramic on all six windows. Went with 70% on the windshield, rear doors, and back glass. Then 20% on the two front doors. I went with XPEL based on Knickell's thread too.

My pics:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/xpel-prime-xr-plus-f-150-review-☀??.3587/post-131794

It's been in the high 70s/low 80s this past week and the truck is definitely cooler inside than any vehicle I've ever had. The true test will be when back at the office next week and it has been sitting outside all day in the beating sun.
Sponsored