Sponsored

MY22 Order Changes - Help!

windowsmedia10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat 502A PowerBoost
I've got a MY22 502A Sport on order.

My dealer accidentally included the black appearance package on my order instead of the optional 20" wheels to creatively prevent the truck from being built until later this year. It was a commodity constrained item. The order was placed way back in March or April and is price protected, but the dealership is hesitant to remove the black package and add the optional 20-in sport rims that I wanted given that it might end up canceling the order altogether.

Can somebody confirm whether or not it's possible to change at this point? The order has not scheduled to build yet but I'm sure it will over the next week or two given how many production weeks are left.

I'm pretty upset about it, especially considering all the other cosmetic changes it makes to the vehicle that I really didn't want. And for the price I'm paying, man its a hard pill to swallow.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

windowsmedia10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you have a VIN?
No VIN and no build date.

The issue here is that based on what I have read here and on another enthusiast forum, changes to MY22 trucks had to be made by a certain date in late July.

Riderdie757

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition, Explorer, F150
My understanding is that the BAP package would come off at the price that it was back when the order was placed. The 20in wheels can be added to the order at today's price.

You would not loose price protection or your spot in the que unless you change the trim level or power train.

Check out Fordvideoguy streams if you want to confirm but I have used the information retrieved from there for a similar scenario at my dealer.

Your dealer needs to make sure the original order is modified and that it keeps the same order number.

They most likely will not know how to do this so if you have the original order form you may want to do the math yourself.

Edit: typing my response as your post came through. I have no clue on the cut off date for changes to a MY22

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
No VIN and no build date.

The issue here is that based on what I have read here and on another enthusiast forum, changes to MY22 trucks had to be made by a certain date in late July.
I would guess once the order banks closed your locked in, but I have nothing to back that claim.
The only reason I didn't order the BAP was because I don't like the wheels. I like all the other aspects, especially the dual exhaust.
What don't you like?

Sponsored

OP
OP

windowsmedia10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Interior is
I would guess once the order banks closed your locked in, but I have nothing to back that claim.
The only reason I didn't order the BAP was because I don't like the wheels. I like all the other aspects, especially the dual exhaust.
What don't you like?
Everything about it, especially the monotone interior on the Sport. The rims, blacked out tailgate 'F-150' metal stamp.

Are there any Ford reps on here that could help?

SilverPigeon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 KR 5.0L 157"WB RHD "Emaciated Edition"
According to the following, I would say it's impossible. The best to hope for is that you get balanced out and then can adjust or make a new order specc'ed the way you want:
Ford F-150 MY22 Order Changes - Help! CFE8AC1F-411F-4C7A-9CD1-7D41FB8FD06F

OP
OP

windowsmedia10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
According to the following, I would say it's impossible. The best to hope for is that you get balanced out and then can adjust or make a new order specc'ed the way you want:
If I get balanced out, I think that means my order wont get built and I would lose price protection?

I just PM'ed the Ford account that posts here sometimes and was active today. Man I hope there is something that can be done.

Last edited:

SilverPigeon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 KR 5.0L 157"WB RHD "Emaciated Edition"
If I get balanced out, I think that means my order wont get built and I would lose price protection?
i don't know the workings of PP. Since your dealer kind of got you into this mess, ask your dealer for your options and their help, I think. If they won't or can't help, it becomes a waiting game to see what choice you have as the key dates elapse. Worst case is you get to make a new order specc'ed the way you want, albeit with a higher price.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I can do an even swap for you bap headlights and tail lights 😁

I'll even swap my blue ovals for your BAP ones and your side badges for my sport ones.

I won't give you my 20" sport rims though. That said they sell all the time here on the forums and you could likely sell your bap ones.

Edit I would even swap interiors with you, but I see you're in CA and that might not be cost effective.
Sponsored