MY22 Adding SiriusXM

Wallyo

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Super Crew XLT
Don’t know if anyone has an answer to this question since most of us here are adding Xm and don’t have a truck with it up and running off the lot. Similar to the instrument display issue.

Some times when turning the steering wheel ( I have very big hands) I accidentally hit the <| button. Doing so I get switched from Xm to AM or FM.

But hitting it agin just cycles me from FM to AM to FM to Am….

On some rental cars with similar set up no specific make but with car play it cycles FM to AM to XM to FM….

Any thoughts is there another setting needing changing with Forescan?
Sponsored

Ranual

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
I'm curious if anyone actually has the "now playing" from SiriusXM working in the IPC with this change. I took a look at it again and made this change when I first switched on SXM and still only show "Audio off" when selecting satellite radio from the now playing list.
I got this to work only after making changes to the Gateway Module A. I used the GWM settings from a truck that had SiriusXM from the factory.

Ranual

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Don’t know if anyone has an answer to this question since most of us here are adding Xm and don’t have a truck with it up and running off the lot. Similar to the instrument display issue.

Some times when turning the steering wheel ( I have very big hands) I accidentally hit the <| button. Doing so I get switched from Xm to AM or FM.

But hitting it agin just cycles me from FM to AM to FM to Am….

On some rental cars with similar set up no specific make but with car play it cycles FM to AM to XM to FM….

Any thoughts is there another setting needing changing with Forescan?
I had the same problem with my big hands. I found when I hit the back or forward buttons on the steering wheel it advances to the presets. the problem occurs when you advance (or reverse) to another preset page. If you have sirius XM presets on that page, your fine. If you have AM/FM channels programmed into the preset your tuner will switch to AM/FM. You need to go into your SiriusXM preset settings and increase the number of preset pages and set all of them to Sirius XM channels. This will also affect the AM/FM preset pages.

I think you need to fill all of the presets with SiriusXM channels, and then go back and define AM/FM channels if you want them.

Here's what I did...
Set the preset pages in SiriusXM to the max of 6 pages.
Set all six presets on all six pages with SiriusXM channels.
Then I went back and defined AM/FM channels on the last preset page (page 6).

Now when I cycle through the presets it goes to the second, third, fourth, etc. pages with Sirius XM. When it reaches the page with the AM/FM presets, it changes the input mode to AM/FM tuner and plays those channels.. When I cycle past page 6 (goes back to page 1), the tuner switches back to SiriusXM.

Back when I was comparing my truck to a truck with SiriusXM, I looked at the registers for the presets in the ACM. They were all set to null values (FFFFF) because the SiriusXM radio tuner was never activated and the registers were not initialized; and no channel index was built. By filling the registers with preset channel values, the up/down buttons have an index to traverse (a pointer to the next channel in your preset page).

I also saw a setting in the ACM that mentioned "mixed-mode" presets. This may have an affect on things also. I stopped researching this because I got it to work by filling the presets with SiriusXM channels.

Texas2022XLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A
I got this to work only after making changes to the Gateway Module A. I used the GWM settings from a truck that had SiriusXM from the factory.
Just to note I have just the basic 7 speaker no B&O so maybe that was the difference? I didn't change anything with the GWM so this is very odd.

Ranual

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
to add to this.... i think the changes that are made to the Instrument Cluster module enable the menu item. The changes to the GWM allows the ACM to "talk" to the Instrument Cluster module and send the data SiriusXM data. The GWM needs to know that SiriusXM is enabled on the ACM.

Sponsored

Texas2022XLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A
to add to this.... i think the changes that are made to the Instrument Cluster module enable the menu item. The changes to the GWM allows the ACM to "talk" to the Instrument Cluster module and send the data SiriusXM data. The GWM needs to know that SiriusXM is enabled on the ACM.
I didn’t change anything in the GWM nor have I ever.

Ranual

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Just to note I have just the basic 7 speaker no B&O so maybe that was the difference? I didn't change anything with the GWM so this is very odd.
I don't think it's related. your GWM may have already been configured correctly. That's why the changes to the IPC worked for you.

Ranual

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
I didn’t change anything in the GWM nor have I ever.
There's no way to tell if your GWM is configured to allow the data stream from the SiriusXM radio in the ACM, unless you go in there and compare it with a truck that HAS SiriusXM. Again, I think there are two pieces to this. The change in the IPC to tell it that additional data is coming from the SiriusXM radio, and the GWM to allow the data flow.

Ranual

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
There's no way to tell if your GWM is configured to allow the data stream from the SiriusXM radio in the ACM, unless you go in there and compare it with a truck that HAS SiriusXM. Again, I think there are two pieces to this. The change in the IPC to tell it that additional data is coming from the SiriusXM radio, and the GWM to allow the data flow.
I don't have a difinitive answer because I don't have the spreadsheet with the GWM registers decoded.

Sponsored

evoslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL RCSB 5.0
If you add a NAV apim and a SXM acm with all the proper factory antennas and splitters; can you remove the TCU dtc? Is there a forscan change that keeps everything happy?

Rineland

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 XLT 302A 4x4 CCSB 3.5L EB
Occupation
Engineer
I have the B&O and only made the change to the IPC and have the SiriusXM info in the cluster.

Ranual

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
I have the B&O and only made the change to the IPC and have the SiriusXM info in the cluster.
Again, your GWM may have already had the settings to allow data flow. Changing the IPC setting allowed the data to be parsed into the My View menu.

Musclez

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 14th Gen
What about this blue connector off the new antenna? How did you resolve that? I ordered the antenna you mentioned.

OP
OP

XLT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a XLT
What about this blue connector off the new antenna? How did you resolve that? I ordered the antenna you mentioned.
Read the first post.
Sponsored