Sponsored

"My truck is built but won't ship" club..

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
With all the shortages, plants shutting down, fires in electronics factories and container ships blocking the canals, etc, we'll be seeing a lot more people complain they are stuck at "ramp 59", or worst. This is just wrong.
Sponsored

terptruck90

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 STX SuperCrew
My only hope for those stuck on ramp 59 with me that they still have people working to ship these built trucks over the next few weeks. In theory this should allow them to clear all the backlog of the trucks that are completely built and just waiting to hitch a train ride off of that god forsaken ramp.

I still have an ETA of 4/11 but not hopeful at this point- though i suppose its better than a "TBD". That will come on 4/10 when the truck hasnt moved. 5.5 weeks post "built" date for me.

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
My only hope for those stuck on ramp 59 with me that they still have people working to ship these built trucks over the next few weeks. In theory this should allow them to clear all the backlog of the trucks that are completely built and just waiting to hitch a train ride off of that god forsaken ramp.

I still have an ETA of 4/11 but not hopeful at this point- though i suppose its better than a "TBD". That will come on 4/10 when the truck hasnt moved. 5.5 weeks post "built" date for me.
Agreed. Shipping, should, in theory, still happen. I still don't understand why mine just sat there forever, while being fully built, but..

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX

Just wondering your build date and F-150 build configuration?

I lost my ETA over a week ago, my truck was built on 3/19
701A Plat 4x4 5.5' PB w/ Trailer Tow.

Curious if there is any way to correlate the delays by build or build date.

terptruck90

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 STX SuperCrew
Just wondering your build date and F-150 build configuration?

I lost my ETA over a week ago, my truck was built on 3/19
701A Plat 4x4 5.5' PB w/ Trailer Tow.

Curious if there is any way to correlate the delays by build or build date.
I’m not sure there is any rhyme or reason unfortunately. Mine was built 2/24. XLT 302a super crew 5.5ft 4x4

Sponsored

Norris McCarty

First Name
Norris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat 4x4 PB 7.2k FX4 17”Raptor Beadlocks
Occupation
Own a RV dealership
Mine was produced 2/23. I’m relatively sure our trucks are built, but but now sitting and waiting on the “chips” to finish them. Who knows how long that is going to take.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Mine was produced 2/23. I’m relatively sure our trucks are built, but but now sitting and waiting on the “chips” to finish them. Who knows how long that is going to take.
At least they're not parking bare chassis out in the winter weather rusting away anymore.
So there's "that"...

F150 monster

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, Cmax
Occupation
Electronics Instructor
Well That's it !!!! I went and bought one off the lot. Missing some minor things like bed liner but at least I have a truck hybrid.... I'm telling the dealer where to put the truck I ordered...... I'm off this list. will post pic's later, after rhino liner is in. I have a lot to say but Ford's not listening.....

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Congrats! Show us some pics :)

rd50078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited & 2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired Corporate Sales Manager, part-time farmer, rancher & golfer.
I found out why our trucks are taking so long to arrive our dealerships when shipped by rail! (see attached)

handcar.jpg
Latest update on my 2021 1/2 truck. My Limited is in on a rail car sitting in Indiana right now. The good news I received an e-mail from Ford this past Friday offering an Exclusive Cash Reward of $2,000 on a F-150. You can add these savings to other existing offers available to everyone else including X Plan. Offer expires July 6, 2021. Prior purchases not eligible. May not combine with other private or commercial offers, conquest cash, owner loyalty and lease renewal programs. A/Z/D Plan ineligible. ? For $2,000, I don' mind waiting a little bit longer.

Sponsored

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Well I am 100% out of this club now. It arrived today at the dealer and I`ve had a great afternoon climatizing. Wow!! I have had trucks all my life but this thing is amazing. r Loaded Lariet PB, 6.5 box, StarWhite and absolutely no complaints so far. Just a little rust on one axel but not too bad. Dealer was good but would not deal with the rust so I will spend a couple of hours and fix it.
Ordered Sept 22
Built Feb 7
Delivered April 5
Over 6 months - three seasons - 199 days. Way too long but it is over.

I joined this forum fairly early and it has been fantastic to learn about this new generation and follow all the stories. Some of us have shared our pain in waiting and sadly there are still a few that were built many weeks and now months ago that are still suffering. All I can say the wait was long but today I`m happy to have the truck and I hope everyone waiting gets theirs soon.

Ford F-150 "My truck is built but won't ship" club.. IMG_4257.JPEG

Ford F-150 "My truck is built but won't ship" club.. IMG_4258.JPEG

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Beautiful truck! Very happy for you and, although the wait was atrocious, it was all worth it in the end :)

mattchops

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Well That's it !!!! I went and bought one off the lot. Missing some minor things like bed liner but at least I have a truck hybrid.... I'm telling the dealer where to put the truck I ordered...... I'm off this list. will post pic's later, after rhino liner is in. I have a lot to say but Ford's not listening.....
Did they honor your deposit and put it toward this truck? I’m tempted to do this myself

F150 monster

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, Cmax
Occupation
Electronics Instructor
Did they honor your deposit and put it toward this truck? I’m tempted to do this myself
I went to a different dealership that had the truck I wanted, I brought them the paperwork and they mostly matched it. I'm not going to return to my old dealer.....

Norris McCarty

First Name
Norris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat 4x4 PB 7.2k FX4 17”Raptor Beadlocks
Occupation
Own a RV dealership
Hopefully they are beginning to move!
My 1/18 order, 2/23 Dearborn build just started moving last night. My dealer(my brother), just sent me a "snapshot" as my truck was headed out of Michigan early this morning. He say with any luck it'll hit San Antonio next week mid-week. My brother's dealership is only 45 mins from San Antonio. They can pick it up at the railhead in SA if there isn't a transport ready.
Now I'm excited!
I have great compassion for you guys that have been waiting since last Sept-Oct!!!
Sponsored