Sponsored

"My truck is built but won't ship" club..

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
I'm sure someone else will pick up the baton. I had thought we had long logistical waits, but with these semiconductor shutdowns, the big thread will be my truck is ordered, but the 22's will arrive sooner. Thanks for being the original poster. Lots of commiserating through our pain.
ps. I know you will be using metric, but are you going to speak to your truck in French or English?
I'll be sure to drop by here, even after delivery. I've enjoyed interacting with all the nice people we have on this forum.

Although my mother tongue is French, I speak English on a daily basis for business reasons and such. I also use English exclusively for voice commands (cars, Goggle, Alexa, Siri, etc.). I find that the English voice recognition algorithms are always much better than the French.
Sponsored

remtiwk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Now that is really nice looking truck. Looks identical to mine
Thanks, the main reason I ordered is that's almost impossible to find a Lariat with a bench seat, max tow, and two mirrors. Oh, and I opted for the Powerboost on top of it. I doubt there is going to be very many trucks on the road spec'd like mine! Planning to pick it up tomorrow, can't wait. ?The Ford Trackers still say it's awaiting shipment.

Snowboarder_15

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
You truck was built before mine (2/22) and has been sitting there, just like mine, gathering rust. I had to wait 26 days before it shipped, and found this to be outrageous. You're on day, what, 56 now? Wow... The infamous 'misc shipping delay'... Incredible. And of course, Ford 'knows nothing' about it and won't tell their customers what the hell is going, which adds insult to injury.

I'll say this though: you, sir, have the patience of an angel.
My situation is even worse. Ordered in September, it was built 2/3 and has been sitting waiting to ship ever since. No bed liner either.

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
My situation is even worse. Ordered in September, it was built 2/3 and has been sitting waiting to ship ever since. No bed liner either.
That hurts.. You're "awaiting shipment" for soon to be 2 months now?...wow. Mine got ordered in Nov 2020, it got built almost 3 weeks *after* yours, it sat for an additional 26 days, and I'm getting delivered to me in a few days.

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Sorry guy. My order date and build date was not much different than yours. It seems Ford started to move some of these delayed trucks last week then this stupid chip shutdown came which seemed to shut shipping. From what I understand this shutdown will be short lived and then hopefully the delayed trucks priority.

Sponsored

rd50078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited & 2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired Corporate Sales Manager, part-time farmer, rancher & golfer.
I ordered my Limited on July 31 (star white, no sleeper seat, no spray-in bed liner). My Blend Date shows to be Jan 29 and my Estimated Dealer Delivery date was Feb 24. Since the 24th , the Estimated Dealer Delivery date keeps increasing daily and it is now sitting at 27 days until Estimated Dealer Deliver. It continues to increase every day. The Dealer is constantly calling the factory and keep getting the run around. They can't get an answer why it hasn't been shipped yet and it still shows as In Production. They can't use computer chips as an excuse because it has been built since Jan 29. Very frustrating! ?
Latest update: On Tuesday, March 23 the Tracker system stated that my truck was built and ready for shipment (showing 8 days till ETA to dealership). That evening it changed to 35 days and is now showing an (ETA to dealership of April 26). This is total ??. Ford needs to get their ?together. At least they could ? me before ?me around! The only thing that will make this feel better is that Ford comes out with some very good incentives in April! This truck was ordered on July 31st.

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Latest update: On Tuesday, March 23 the Tracker system stated that my truck was built and ready for shipment (showing 8 days till ETA to dealership). That evening it changed to 35 days and is now showing an (ETA to dealership of April 26). This is total ??. Ford needs to get their ?together. At least they could ? me before ?me around! The only thing that will make this feel better is that Ford comes out with some very good incentives in April! This truck was ordered on July 31st.
What can I say to something like this. It's just incredible. You should have been driving your truck for the past month or so by now. A whole bunch of people have had their build go right by yours, including mine, for what reason? Did you ask your dealer what they put in as a priority code on the order? I know mine tweaked my order a few times, back in Jan, and expedited the order as much as they possibly could. Proof is in the pouding I guess, since I''ll be driving mine next week. Please check with your dealer.

rd50078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited & 2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired Corporate Sales Manager, part-time farmer, rancher & golfer.
What can I say to something like this. It's just incredible. You should have been driving your truck for the past month or so by now. A whole bunch of people have had their build go right by yours, including mine, for what reason? Did you ask your dealer what they put in as a priority code on the order? I know mine tweaked my order a few times, back in Jan, and expedited the order as much as they possibly could. Proof is in the pouding I guess, since I''ll be driving mine next week. Please check with your dealer.
It had the highest priority code you could place on it.

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It had the highest priority code you could place on it.
Unless they messed up that code or something, there's no explanation for your extra-long delay. Does your build have anything special in it?

My1stF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat velocity blue, 2.7 FX4 sport
I'm guessing Ford is having some major quality control issues. Either trucks are sitting around because of an issue (e.g. windshield recall) or they are partially building them because of parts shortages. Some of it is probably out of their control due to the pandemic. I can't imagine they can just send these trucks back through the assembly line again so it probably takes them much longer to correct the issues or finalize the build. However, I feel they can be more upfront about what is causing the delays. It's frustrating seeing other trucks breeze by while others are scratching their heads wondering why their trucks are sitting around.

Sponsored

klinkor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Can I trust the info from the tracker here below? It says it shipped 2 days ago
Ford F-150 "My truck is built but won't ship" club.. 1616799529966

The actual for tracker just shows:
Ford F-150 "My truck is built but won't ship" club.. 1616799562666

This is for my Lariat built in KC

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
So I just got a call this evening from my sales guy. He said as he was leaving work, a semi pulled in and had F150s on and he said the one looked like mine. ? He'll let me know in the morning once everything is unloaded. According to the Ford trackers.. it's still awaiting shipment. So let's hope the trackers are wrong and my wait is about over. ?
Good luck hopefully it's yours.

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
So, if my dealer placed my order only 4 weeks ago, I may see my truck sometime between July and December?
Not sure ill be able to handle that!
They seem to be building more special orders now that the dealerships has a supply of trucks. I originally ordered a truck back in July but the dealerships ordered my second color. Well I told them I didn't want the second color so by time I get back in to order the truck I have now, was earlier November. Funny how things worked out. The truck I have now got on the lot 2 days after the first truck they ordered. That was second week in February.
Sponsored