Sponsored

"My truck is built but won't ship" club..

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Thank you, although I'm not fully out of the woods yet.

Agreed, the entire experience has taken all the joy out of the experience. It has been nothing but frustration and has left me with a very bitter aftertaste. There are some things I can understand and be patient for (part shortages and such), but there are other things that just don't make sense (like letting my struck sit, fully built, for 236 days before shipping it) and which I can't excuse.

I bought a whole lot of Fords in the past. This one may be the last.
Couldn't agree more.
Sponsored

Egilson1

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat powerboost
I may have to leave this thread soon. My limited was built 31 January. It’s in Petersburg Virginia awaiting convoy. Norfolk Southern offloaded it last Saturday. I’m hoping today is the day.
How did you find out they off loaded it? Call customer Service?

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
I decided to contact Ford Service and got a case open. Just got an email saying that my truck is still in the assembly process. The tracker and updates that I got from Pioneer74 showed that it was produced Feb 23rd but has sat at "In Production" status since. Original ETA date was Mar 25 then got pushed to Apr 2nd last week. When I contacted Ford this morning, I was told it shows Apr 18th ETA and the Customer Service Manager who just emailed me now says it's Apr 24th. Something is definitely wrong with the truck. What I don't understand is why a special order truck doesn't get escalated faster if there is an issue? Did it really sit there for all this time? Maybe they never built the truck or have to rebuild it?
I have the same questions. How can a truck stay in production for over a month? My build date precedes the chip shortages, and PLENTY of trucks have been produced, finished, shipped, and delivered since mine hit the line. I'm coming up on 6 weeks now. My dealer says all he can find is that it is still in Dearborn and hasn't left the line yet. It doesn't make any sense unless something is seriously wrong with the truck. So now I'm not only frustrated by how long this process has been and how poor the communication from Ford has been, but I'm also frustratedly waiting for a truck that I'm convinced must have some serious quality control issues. The joy and excitement is gone.

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
Ok, so I am about to be booted from built but not shipped. It arrived today! Tracking was ok. Norfolk Southern rail tracking by phone worked well. PALSAPP worked once delivered.
Beautiful! Congrats and enjoy :) Sad to see you go, but like the rest of us, you most certainly deserve it.

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
How can a truck stay in production for over a month? My build date precedes the chip shortages, and PLENTY of trucks have been produced, finished, shipped, and delivered since mine hit the line.
This, exactly.

Why, but *why* are certain trucks zipping through the entire order to delivery cycle in a couple of weeks, while others, who ordered beforehand, are left hanging? What is Ford's thought process here? They seem to have *plenty* of chips and whatnot for all trucks ordered recently, but none for those ordered before??

If it's a QC issue, does it really take 6 weeks to resolve while a completely new truck could have been built in the meantime, in a couple of days, and sent to the customer?

A truck that's been fully built and released from the plant takes 26 days to be picked up by a train? (my case)?

Ford: please explain.

Sponsored

jcarrico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Those of you stuck on Ramp 59, what does your Window sticker show in the "Ramp One" box?

Sponsored

Norris McCarty

First Name
Norris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat 4x4 PB 7.2k FX4 17”Raptor Beadlocks
Occupation
Own a RV dealership
Mine was built 2/23......still waiting on shipping.......ETA has moved from 3/12 to 3/31 to 4/12 to 4/24
This is crazy....two months to ship. The truck is probably not completed. The Ford tracker just says it has been for some reason that no one knows.

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine was built on 2/22 and shipped only a few days ago. You guys with 2/23, 2/24 dates should see your trucks ship momentarily. Seems that Ford is now (very) slowly catching up on the backlog. Knock on wood.

My1stF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat velocity blue, 2.7 FX4 sport
Mine was built 2/23......still waiting on shipping.......ETA has moved from 3/12 to 3/31 to 4/12 to 4/24
This is crazy....two months to ship. The truck is probably not completed. The Ford tracker just says it has been for some reason that no one knows.
Mine was also built 2/23 and was stuck at "In Production" status. Contacted Ford Service on Monday and they opened a case. Today, it moved to "Awaiting Shipment" so maybe there is hope! Palsapp shows that mine was transported to presumably the railyard with about 6 other trucks.

Mine was built on 2/22 and shipped only a few days ago. You guys with 2/23, 2/24 dates should see your trucks ship momentarily. Seems that Ford is now (very) slowly catching up on the backlog. Knock on wood.
That's good to hear! Maybe they finally discovered a bunch of trucks parked somewhere and realized that they should be shipped? LOL

Is yours "Awaiting Shipment" or "In Transit"? Is it coming from KC? Wonder if ours will be riding the same train?

Last edited:
OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yours might have been one of those trucks missing some chips perhaps.. Good news is that you're now on a good (better) path!

remtiwk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Mine is still stuck on awaiting shipment with an ETA of 3/29. I think it's safe to assume it will be missing the ETA for the 3rd time. ?
Sponsored