Sponsored

"My truck is built but won't ship" club..

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Well so much for my analysis. The trackers show awaiting shipment but my dealer just informed me that it is In Transit with an updated report. Just unbelievable. Must be in transit back to the plant.

Anyways, please accept my resignation to this club as I have not enjoyed myself at all. For those of you still waiting, I truly feel sorry for you but just maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Holy crap! I cannot believe your saga may be finally coming to an end soon... That has been a really cruel treatment by Ford on you
Sponsored

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Holy crap! I cannot believe your saga may be finally coming to an end soon... That has been a really cruel treatment by Ford on you
It’s not like I’m going to miss this thread but I guess it just takes a long time. I was starting to think Ford was taking all my chips and putting them in the new fresh builds. Bastards. Anyway I guess it’s on it’s way. I truly feel for those that are still waiting.

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
Well so much for my analysis. The trackers show awaiting shipment but my dealer just informed me that it is In Transit with an updated report. Just unbelievable. Must be in transit back to the plant.

Anyways, please accept my resignation to this club as I have not enjoyed myself at all. For those of you still waiting, I truly feel sorry for you but just maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Hurray!!! Let's drink to that!

My1stF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat velocity blue, 2.7 FX4 sport
I decided to contact Ford Service and got a case open. Just got an email saying that my truck is still in the assembly process. The tracker and updates that I got from Pioneer74 showed that it was produced Feb 23rd but has sat at "In Production" status since. Original ETA date was Mar 25 then got pushed to Apr 2nd last week. When I contacted Ford this morning, I was told it shows Apr 18th ETA and the Customer Service Manager who just emailed me now says it's Apr 24th. Something is definitely wrong with the truck. What I don't understand is why a special order truck doesn't get escalated faster if there is an issue? Did it really sit there for all this time? Maybe they never built the truck or have to rebuild it?

Sponsored

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
I can do that. Cheers ?
The race is now on to see who gets theirs first.
Haha! I'm not holding my breath, as anything can (and will most likely) happen until I finally get my hands on mine. That being said though, it's great progress this week, for both of us!!

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I decided to contact Ford Service and got a case open. Just got an email saying that my truck is still in the assembly process. The tracker and updates that I got from Pioneer74 showed that it was produced Feb 23rd but has sat at "In Production" status since. Original ETA date was Mar 25 then got pushed to Apr 2nd last week. When I contacted Ford this morning, I was told it shows Apr 18th ETA and the Customer Service Manager who just emailed me now says it's Apr 24th. Something is definitely wrong with the truck. What I don't understand is why a special order truck doesn't get escalated faster if there is an issue? Did it really sit there for all this time? Maybe they never built the truck or have to rebuild it?
That is simply horrible. Feb 23rd is only 1 day after my own 'end of production/released' date. Could it be that yours is amongst those Ford is holding because of the chip shortages? If that's the case, I'm glad to know I escaped that ordeal..by 1 day! Either that, or it failed QC so many times that its been resent through the entire loop all over again..

Seriously, this is just unreal and unacceptable. At his point, with no end in sight, it would almost make sense to cancel this order and place a new one (which sometimes seem to zip by older builds, for some unexplained reasons), or check dealer inventory, if any, for something similar to your custom order.

My1stF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat velocity blue, 2.7 FX4 sport
That is simply horrible. Feb 23rd is only 1 day after my own 'end of production/released' date. Could it be that yours is amongst those Ford is holding because of the chip shortages? If that's the case, I'm glad to know I escaped that ordeal..by 1 day! Either that, or it failed QC so many times that its been resent through the entire loop all over again..

Seriously, this is just unreal and unacceptable. At his point, with no end in sight, it would almost make sense to cancel this order and place a new one (which sometimes seem to zip by older builds, for some unexplained reasons), or check dealer inventory, if any, for something similar to your custom order.
I'm thinking it is a QC issue. I would hope that if it was a chip issue, surely it would have been sourced in the last four weeks considering they were still pumping out trucks off the assembly line. New ETA is a month away, I doubt it would be any faster if I canceled and reordered. Hoping when this gets resolved that they offer some kind of goodwill gesture.

Pierre.Granger

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
Retired Navy
Yours shipped now? We might have to evict you from this club then. ??
I may have to leave this thread soon. My limited was built 31 January. It’s in Petersburg Virginia awaiting convoy. Norfolk Southern offloaded it last Saturday. I’m hoping today is the day.

Gman73

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger, 2021 Ford F-150 on order
Occupation
Facilities Manager
So now I am really confused, mine still shows in production. Was built March 8th and had an original eta end date of March 23rd, that changed to Apr 20th last week and today now shows 1990-01-01, anyone have any insight on that one.

Does that mean I will be in hold purgatory for weeks, maybe months now?
Ford F-150 "My truck is built but won't ship" club.. screenshot_20210315_114857_chrome_942f5680ef804848c13228b622530d1111d54e23
Ford F-150 "My truck is built but won't ship" club.. screenshot_20210323_103801_chrome_ec87580cb2b5e3d4930360021202b040d5fd1343
Ford F-150 "My truck is built but won't ship" club.. screenshot_20210323_103801_chrome_ec87580cb2b5e3d4930360021202b040d5fd1343

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tecdiver

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Corporate shill
I ordered a custom Chevy Traverse for my wife. From the build date to dealer delivery - 9 calendar days, coming from Lansing (to Livonia, MI - 45 minutes away). Not sure why Ford can't get ahead of this when Dearborn is literally 10 minutes away. My order is slated to get picked up early April. I hope I have my PB before Memorial day - I'm cautiously optimistic.... Good luck fellas!

F150 monster

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, Cmax
Occupation
Electronics Instructor
Hurray!!! Let's drink to that!
I'm so glad for you, life for some of us has been a suck. Ford is just not showing any love, and If I didn't have a deal going with the dealership I would drop ford for being bad about the whole truck buying experience. I'm stupid enough to keep waiting like a dog whose people are on vacation.... and as usual trying to talk to anyone at Ford is impossible.

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm so glad for you, life for some of us has been a suck. Ford is just not showing any love, and If I didn't have a deal going with the dealership I would drop ford for being bad about the whole truck buying experience. I'm stupid enough to keep waiting like a dog whose people are on vacation.... and as usual trying to talk to anyone at Ford is impossible.
Thank you, although I'm not fully out of the woods yet.

Agreed, the entire experience has taken all the joy out of the experience. It has been nothing but frustration and has left me with a very bitter aftertaste. There are some things I can understand and be patient for (part shortages and such), but there are other things that just don't make sense (like letting my struck sit, fully built, for 26 days before shipping it) and which I can't excuse.

I bought a whole lot of Fords in the past. This one may be the last.

Last edited:

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
My dealer texted me yesterday and said my Lariat was being shipped and should arrive next week. Tracker still says in production still since Feb 2 21.

Fingers crossed it actually does arrive.

Canadian order.
Same - in production since 2/15. Hopefully we both get good news soon. This really is crazy.
Sponsored