Sponsored

"My truck is built but won't ship" club..

HMG2Ford

First Name
Mic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 Ford F150 Lariat ... 2017 Infiniti Q60S
Occupation
Retired
My Limited was awaiting a train (Ramp 51) to AZ for 8 days after being released on 2/24. It's been assigned a rail car # BNSF301029 (Canadian National Railways) and the Dealer provided some movement on 3/5. I'm now trying to figure out how to track railcar myself, I have a lead but haven't confirmed yet. Truck is not scheduled to arrive to Dealer until 3/20 and I know dealer has a week built into schedule for semi transporter.

My rail car tracker lead: https://www.railcartracking.com/track-and-trace-railcars-cp/ ... it says 30 day free trial and I've also set up account with CN but that's not smooth either.

Has anyone been able to easily track railcar?
Sponsored

azDcab21

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PowerBoost/FX4
My Limited was awaiting a train (Ramp 51) to AZ for 8 days after being released on 2/24. It's been assigned a rail car # BNSF301029 (Canadian National Railways) and the Dealer provided some movement on 3/5. I'm now trying to figure out how to track railcar myself, I have a lead but haven't confirmed yet. Truck is not scheduled to arrive to Dealer until 3/20 and I know dealer has a week built into schedule for semi transporter.

My rail car tracker lead: https://www.railcartracking.com/track-and-trace-railcars-cp/ ... it says 30 day free trial and I've also set up account with CN but that's not smooth either.

Has anyone been able to easily track railcar?
My truck is due in AZ on 3/20 as well. What is your status on the tracker on this site? My dealer isn't as forthcoming with shipping details.

Last edited:

HMG2Ford

First Name
Mic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Ken, I'll keep you posted but like I said I haven't been very successful on websites but my dealer is very cooperative and feeding me information upon request. I'm sure we are on the same train that is expected to be in Phoenix area on 3/14.

Ben, we can only speculate on delays ranging from weather, recall implementation, chip shortage, supply chain, etc. but the log jam is loosing up and trucks are getting on rail cars.

Ebarthelme, I would contact your Dealer. He wants your money and should be cooperative ... it takes little effort from the sales dude to get on Ford internal tracker and get the details.

Sponsored

tcp

First Name
Trieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum, 2019 Accord
Occupation
IT MGR
I am out of this club!!! Both of my trucks shipped 3/5. Now have to decide which one to get. On my way into work this morning I drove by one of the holding lots that was empty a month or so ago is now filled up again. Wondering if they are holding there to work on the recent recalls....

N1TJ

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat EB 4x4 - Oxford White
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller • USAF Veteran
Happy 1 Month Anniversary to a built truck with no movement! LOL

It's pretty odd to not see anything beyond production, even on the employee tracking site. I wonder if there was a quality issue that they're trying to resolve. It falls outside the window recall production dates and I don't even any of the extras like spray in bed, bed cover, or wheel well liners.

Like many others I'm abandoning my custom order and have a dealer stock Lariat being delivered this week about 80 miles away. My first dealer's communication has been pathetic and this was a good opportunity to take my business where it was wanted!
Ford F-150 "My truck is built but won't ship" club.. Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 10.50.13 AM

Ford F-150 "My truck is built but won't ship" club.. 3:6 Status

Snowboarder_15

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
I hear ya man, I wanted to scream/cry/punch my monitor every time I saw someone built after me and shipped before me (not mad at them but mad at Ford).

I only put 25 days as that is the worst I have seen, but I do not think there is a limit unfortunately. I started with 1-21 days but someone had sat longer. So I think it might be unbounded, and that is the scariest feeling... I was so worried when all these trucks skipped right past us AT THE SAME PLANT that I might not even get my truck in March, meaning PCO expires as well as possible truck month deals. THEIR delay is costing US money! A gigantic weight was lifted off my chest when I saw it finally shipped as that seems to be bounded to about 2 weeks to my destination.

A few still have it worse than you and I hope that it doesn't mean their trucks are broken. At some point there has to be a reason for holding up shipment for so long...
Well mine has been in "production" status since 2/2, and I don't even have a spray in liner. The ETA on delivery was 3/3, but it hasn't even shipped yet.

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
Sorry can't be a member anymore. Shipped 3/6. Was a member here a whole lot longer than I wanted to be but you were good company!
Enjoy it in good health!

Sponsored

HMG2Ford

First Name
Mic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My truck is due in AZ on 3/20 as well. What is your status on the tracker on this site? My dealer isn't as forthcoming with shipping details.
Train arrived at Junction Point yesterday @ 9:33 ET in Gibson, IN (near Chicago). At some point it will be transferred to BNSF railway. My Dealer said he would give me daily updates.

azDcab21

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PowerBoost/FX4
Train arrived at Junction Point yesterday @ 9:33 ET in Gibson, IN (near Chicago). At some point it will be transferred to BNSF railway. My Dealer said he would give me daily updates.
what does the tracker on this site say for your status? "in transit" ?

thanks for the updates. I don't want to get too excited as mine still says "awaiting shipment" as the status.

HMG2Ford

First Name
Mic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
what does the tracker on this site say for your status? "in transit" ?

thanks for the updates. I don't want to get too excited as mine still says "awaiting shipment" as the status.
Yes, all three trackers say "In transit". They all changed to "In transit" last Friday (3/5) and then provided # of days (estimate) to get to dealer based on 7 day semi transporter when the train gets to Phoenix area (estimated for 3/14). We shall see, like I said no champagne until it's parked in MY garage.

Gman-04

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hopefully a 2021 Lariat, Boeing 767, 2005 BMW325i,
Occupation
pilot
22?? Then this is soon 8 days of simply idling on a shipping dock. *Not* normal. It's starting to look as if a major catastrophe happened to a bunch of trucks in the Feb 22 - 24 range and they can't ship them.
Perhaps they're painting the rusty differentials I've been reading about.
Sponsored