Sponsored

My Tremor Mods - 2" level kit & tires (295/70 - 18s)

ERM

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021-Tremor
Occupation
Technical Security
I added a 2 inch level to tame that ridiculous rake that comes from the factory. I think a 2 1/2 would pretty much level it, but if you tow anything, the rake would probably reverse on you. I'm in Salt Lake City, and have 200 pounds of sand bags in the rear for the winter. This also levels it with a 2 inch lift. I changed the tires to 295/70 - 18s (about 34 1/3) - about a 3.5% change. Yes, you probably could up that to 35s, but my fear would be clearance offroad unless you leveled it higher. Here is the oddity: I downloaded FORScan and was prepared to make the required mods to the tire size, but I checked the speed up to 75 and it's spot on! So, was the speed/tire size not calibrated right to begin with? Unfortunately, I didn't check it before I added the new tires...

Also, I am keeping my keyfobs in Faraday cases, and would suggest you all do the same. The technology that relays your keyfob signal to your car/truck is prevalent now. And, yes, it has even made it here in SLC. It takes 2 offenders, one to stand by your truck and one to get close enough to you to transmit your keyfob signal. We had 5 cars opened at one park a few weeks ago. They took everything in all 5 cars. The next level is to take the vehicle after entry. I still haven't been briefed on that part, but it must involve retaining/cloning the keyfob signal, once it's replicated. Tom Cruise had his BMW stolen last year using this tech. His keyfob was in his hotel room... Faraday cases are on Amazon. They are selling some that don't work, so beware. One I tried had a zip closer and seemed like it was a good quality, but I could still walk up to the truck and open it by touching the door handle.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RMQ

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I added a 2 inch level to tame that ridiculous rake that comes from the factory. I think a 2 1/2 would pretty much level it, but if you tow anything, the rake would probably reverse on you. I'm in Salt Lake City, and have 200 pounds of sand bags in the rear for the winter. This also levels it with a 2 inch lift. I changed the tires to 295/70 - 18s (about 34 1/3) - about a 3.5% change. Yes, you probably could up that to 35s, but my fear would be clearance offroad unless you leveled it higher. Here is the oddity: I downloaded FORScan and was prepared to make the required mods to the tire size, but I checked the speed up to 75 and it's spot on! So, was the speed/tire size not calibrated right to begin with? Unfortunately, I didn't check it before I added the new tires...

Also, I am keeping my keyfobs in Faraday cases, and would suggest you all do the same. The technology that relays your keyfob signal to your car/truck is prevalent now. And, yes, it has even made it here in SLC. It takes 2 offenders, one to stand by your truck and one to get close enough to you to transmit your keyfob signal. We had 5 cars opened at one park a few weeks ago. They took everything in all 5 cars. The next level is to take the vehicle after entry. I still haven't been briefed on that part, but it must involve retaining/cloning the keyfob signal, once it's replicated. Tom Cruise had his BMW stolen last year using this tech. His keyfob was in his hotel room... Faraday cases are on Amazon. They are selling some that don't work, so beware. One I tried had a zip closer and seemed like it was a good quality, but I could still walk up to the truck and open it by touching the door handle.
Thanks for posting this. Do you mind if I ask the details on cost for your level (eg. kit cost, which one, install/alignment cost, any additional warranty)? I’m trying to aggregate that

OP
OP
ERM

ERM

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021-Tremor
Occupation
Technical Security
I had the dealer do it before I bought it. They said their cost was $550 and that was the price I paid. The kit costs are less for sure. If I did it, then I'd need to take it somewhere for alignment and headlight adjustment, which I didn't want to do. And, I wanted it under the Ford warranty. I initially wasn't happy that it wasn't leveled after the "Level" was done. They said that the Tremor suspension is soft and that it would drop considerably with an average tongue weight. They were right.

MNSportsman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor
If you get a chance, would you be able to post up some pics. I'm thinking of doing the exact same (2" level / 295/70's) to my Tremor.

Sponsored

MNSportsman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor
Here are the pics!

IMG_3475.jpeg

IMG_3471.jpeg

IMG_3470.jpeg

IMG_3469.jpeg

IMG_3467.jpeg
That looks really good! I like that the 2" level removes some of the extreme rake but keeps just enough for when towing. The 295s don't look like they stick out too far either. Thanks for posting.

OP
OP
ERM

ERM

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021-Tremor
Occupation
Technical Security
Exactly! The 295s just poke out enough to do a slight spray on parts of the body, but not enough to spray mud everywhere.

doocatracer08

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 FORD F150 TREMOR, BLACK, 402A
Occupation
designer
my level was $100, install with alignment $350

futuretrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda accord ‘18 ford bronco ‘21
Occupation
manager
Sweet! I don’t tow, but do some off roading so I got the 2.5 pro comp level. Installing next week I’m super excited.

Sponsored

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150

Your truck looks killer! Did you by any chance measure the ground to fender ?

Nomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21’ F 150 Tremor
Exactly! The 295s just poke out enough to do a slight spray on parts of the body, but not enough to spray mud everywhere.
ERM,
Now that that you have been running ur setup awhile, any rubbing, etc? Have you done any decent off-roading to test it?

OP
OP
ERM

ERM

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021-Tremor
Occupation
Technical Security
No and No. The tires are very quiet. There was just a bit of a hum at 40ish for the first month or so, and now nothing. The tires do not rub. These added an inch in tire height and an inch in width. If I had installed the 35s on these stock rims, there would have been issues. Also, The 35s require a wider rim. I really like these rims and didn't want to change them.

I have not had the chance to take it out though. Our trails in north Utah are just now starting to melt. Can't wait for that though!

Traildozer

First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 2022 Tremor on order
Occupation
automotive prototype stamping
anyone running Raptor rim and tires on the Tremor? They are actually a lighter tire.

1warmtremor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Sales

I have a 2.5 level and I still have about a 1” to .5” rake. It’s perfect for me in case I load the bed. Not sure if you can see it in this pic.
Ford F-150 My Tremor Mods - 2" level kit & tires (295/70 - 18s) 7AB2A411-CE05-416A-90B3-88504552238D
Sponsored