First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I have rubbing on my Lariat at full left lock only in Reverse. For mine it is the inner fender, splash flap...its a soft, rubber/felt type piece, that is bent toward the tire. At some point this summer I was going to try heating it with a heat gun, and see if I can get it to relax and lay flat, or bend away from the tire.
Sponsored

OP
OP

pyrocpu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor, 2021 Palisade, 2015 R1200R
Occupation
Auto OEM product planner
Do your headlights still have dynamic bending?

and did the glovebox have the wiring laid to be able to just add an LED or is it missing the light + associated wiring?
Yes, so my 402A still has the dynamic bending lights.
Wiring for the g/box light: no, I did not see them. What I ended up doing is buying rechargeable motion lights that I mounted to the underside of the transverse panel vent ducting instead. It was cheap, easy to use, and as rare as I use the glovebox, I don't mind having to take it down every now and then to recharge inside the house. It's a very slimline lamp module where there's a flat magnet that runs along 4/5ths of the length of the lamp housing. Double-stick tape from the backside of the magnet to the aforementioned ducting. Lamp sticks to the magnet.

I was also going to put this lamp where the wireless charger bin is, since Ford dumped that light as well for 22MY (at least for the Tremor, but probably other mid-tier trim levels as well). The rechargeable LED strip is also dimmable, so I figured I'd run that on dim. But I only ever have a phone or two in there, that I can locate by touch, so it's not priority to do right now, even as easy as it is to do.

OP
OP

pyrocpu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto OEM product planner
I have rubbing on my Lariat at full left lock only in Reverse. For mine it is the inner fender, splash flap...its a soft, rubber/felt type piece, that is bent toward the tire. At some point this summer I was going to try heating it with a heat gun, and see if I can get it to relax and lay flat, or bend away from the tire.
Good find. I may have to do the same. It's only ever when backing into a parking space this will happen for me.
Again, this is my first truck ever, and I figured that rubbing on flat ground, unladen, in a totally factory condition that one wouldn't have to deal with these sorts of things!

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Good find. I may have to do the same. It's only ever when backing into a parking space this will happen for me.
Again, this is my first truck ever, and I figured that rubbing on flat ground, unladen, in a totally factory condition that one wouldn't have to deal with these sorts of things!
I got my first truck 4.5 years ago and the sheer size of it freaked me out (when driving and parking). Odd since I used to drive a truck for a living, but most of my driving in recent years was a ford fiesta or a Pontiac Solstice with occasionally driving my wife's Sienna. Anyways, I digress. You are braver than me. Even with the 360 cameras I would be hesitant to try an back my truck up into a parking space...LOL

I should probably try it in an empty parking lot to see how it goes or I think my truck has that parking assist which will do it for me, but based on video's I've watched, I would die waiting for it to actually park.

OP
OP

pyrocpu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto OEM product planner
I got my first truck 4.5 years ago and the sheer size of it freaked me out (when driving and parking). Odd since I used to drive a truck for a living, but most of my driving in recent years was a ford fiesta or a Pontiac Solstice with occasionally driving my wife's Sienna. Anyways, I digress. You are braver than me. Even with the 360 cameras I would be hesitant to try an back my truck up into a parking space...LOL

I should probably try it in an empty parking lot to see how it goes or I think my truck has that parking assist which will do it for me, but based on video's I've watched, I would die waiting for it to actually park.
I guess that's just the paranoid side of me since the 90s when I first started driving: I hated having to watch for cross-traffic when backing out of a busy parking lot. Made me nervous as all get out. Then I decided, well, if I can back into a spot, all I have to watch out for are fixed objects, not move-y ones. Been doing it ever since, even though my last vehicle (VW Golf) had rear cross-traffic avoidance, rear emergency braking, etc. I'm more nervous at drive-thrus: those lanes aren't very wide at all.

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
I guess that's just the paranoid side of me since the 90s when I first started driving: I hated having to watch for cross-traffic when backing out of a busy parking lot. Made me nervous as all get out. Then I decided, well, if I can back into a spot, all I have to watch out for are fixed objects, not move-y ones. Been doing it ever since, even though my last vehicle (VW Golf) had rear cross-traffic avoidance, rear emergency braking, etc. I'm more nervous at drive-thrus: those lanes aren't very wide at all.
Backing into spots, especially in trucks, is way better than backing out. Really wish I had tow mirrors cause that was easier than getting used to using the cameras and sensors. Drive throughs are where the cameras shine in my opinion.
Sponsored