jtquint

jtquint

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost - Smoked Quartz
What kind of a mpg penalty are we talking? What's the decrease compared to stock?

-SG
Honestly with everything I think I took a 4-5mpg hit. I drive around in eco mode and am around 17-18. I was 22-23 before.

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Honestly with everything I think I took a 4-5mpg hit. I drive around in eco mode and am around 17-18. I was 22-23 before.
whoa, that seems significant. I'm about to do pretty such the same stuff (leveling, 296/60R20 tires) to my Limited and i was assuming it'd be more like 1-2 MPG hit

Sponsored

OP
OP
jtquint

jtquint

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
whoa, that seems significant. I'm about to do pretty such the same stuff (leveling, 296/60R20 tires) to my Limited and i was assuming it'd be more like 1-2 MPG hit
I only had it a few days before the tires, and I know I wasn't getting the advertised 24mpg, but it was probably 22ish. That was maybe over 150 miles total. The tire guy thought I'd lose 2 mpg. I'm pretty sure its at least the 4-5 as I mentioned before. I need to just leave the button alone for a few weeks and not keep resetting.

DVT413

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Beautiful truck! What did you use to remove the original decals?
I just removed my stickers last week. It was my first time and I used the dryer like everyone says you are supposed to do. Wherever I used the dryer, it left a residue. I tried the second sticker without a dryer and it came off clean (no residue, whatsoever, SUPER clean). If I could do it all over, I would just start pealing it away, no heat, on both stickers. Not sure if this matters, but I'm in LA and it was probably ~65 to 70 degrees when I removed them.

DVT413

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
I was getting less than 13.0 MPG for the first 500 miles. I leveled and added 295/60/R20's and the MPG dropped to 12.3 MPG. I cannot believe the MPG is so junky on the 3.7 liter. I do not have a heavy foot and drive in Eco mode. I would LOVE to be at 15.0 to 16.0... especially since they had 18.0 on the sticker. Not sure if I have any options - I was thinking of taking it back to the dealer, but what could they do?

Rich1982

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT/302A
Occupation
Semi retired
I only had it a few days before the tires, and I know I wasn't getting the advertised 24mpg, but it was probably 22ish. That was maybe over 150 miles total. The tire guy thought I'd lose 2 mpg. I'm pretty sure its at least the 4-5 as I mentioned before. I need to just leave the button alone for a few weeks and not keep resetting.
Did you recalibrate the odometer/speedometer after the tire change? If not are you adjusting your calculations to make up for the greater distance traveled per rotation of the tire?

I am looking to do a similar size tire but want to use a "p" to save weight and expect a lessor MPG hit

OP
OP
jtquint

jtquint

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you recalibrate the odometer/speedometer after the tire change? If not are you adjusting your calculations to make up for the greater distance traveled per rotation of the tire?

I am looking to do a similar size tire but want to use a "p" to save weight and expect a lessor MPG hit
Yeah my wheel/tire guy recalibrated. It seems to be pretty accurate when I go past radar signs and according to a gps app on my phone

Sponsored

Rapid Red

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Test driver

65mustang

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
56 TBird, 65 Mustang, 98 F250 etc
Occupation
Retired FoMoCo
Nice ride, great paint. How long was the delivery? Thanks for the pics.

Rapid Red

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Test driver
Did you recalibrate your PCM to get the speedometer Corrected? I’m in the process of going to put 275-65 -18 on. Have training tires on right now, 245-70-17

Rich55Marshall

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum PowerBoost 4X4
Occupation
Retired custom picture framer & Apple Expert
I just removed my stickers last week. It was my first time and I used the dryer like everyone says you are supposed to do. Wherever I used the dryer, it left a residue. I tried the second sticker without a dryer and it came off clean (no residue, whatsoever, SUPER clean). If I could do it all over, I would just start pealing it away, no heat, on both stickers. Not sure if this matters, but I'm in LA and it was probably ~65 to 70 degrees when I removed them.
I'm picking up my truck Wednesday morning. And it's going to be a balmy 35 degrees here!

ddsag09

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum Powerboost
Great looking build. Waiting on my Smoked Quartz PowerBoost Platinum. Still deciding lift vs. level.
Sponsored