JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Well son of a _____
That is the longest thread I have FULLY read from top to bottom.
@Josh35 Can you please edit your OP stating the issue has been resolved and add the link that states the final resolution? If people want to read the full thread they can, but my heart rate and 'pissed-off-ness" was at maximum.
And then maybe even a second link for @devern on the start of his similar issue? (Wondering if his thread should have been a separate one since Josh' was closed and complete.)

I read 7 pages before I finally saw the resolve and on page one or two was internally screaming "Call a _______ lawyer!!!!!"

If I can add anything to this post, its, ALWAYS, ALWAYS get a second opinion. I could share medical stories of my son at 4 months old, or IT dilemmas in my field of work. No one... no one knows everything.
I have had competing IT Companies call me and my staff and ask, "Would you be willing to help us?" Signed quick non-compete and helped solve their problem.
The defiance of the battery just blew me away... even if I was all-in on it not being a battery, for 5 minutes of time, I would have pulled one from the loaner truck or another on the lot and fired it up... "See? Not the battery." = Peace of mind to the customer...
I have so much more to say on this I dont want to even start, from the useless @Ford Motor Company member chiming in with supposed help every 7ths post, (has anyone confirmed this is not a bot?) To not demanding a new truck period. Non negotiable. "If you upgrade me, Ill pay the diff, but I need a 6.5ft PB. Yesterday."
Here in US we have a lot of "Lemon Laws" and consumer protection organizations to lean on. My brother bought a Jeep Wrangler, (yes hes a big girl), tranny had three issues the first year and they bought the Jeep back from him in full...
I know that doesnt help Canadians but strong arming them versus being strong armed works. "I am going to Yelp, Google Review, Facebook, social media blitz you until you get this #$%^ fixed. I understand this is a Factory problem, but the truck is on your lot. Fix it or get someone from Michigan out here to fix or give me a new truck. You have til Wednesday of next week."

Glad its all resolved for both you guys, but what a nightmare. Honestly, with what you said about the CarFax negatives and 3 months nightmare I think I would have given in to the trade offer regardless of the lowball or not.

Anyway, again, glad you are fixed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
I'll let you take a guess at what would happen if the negative terminal at the pack came loose.
If the HVB is isolated then disconnecting the negative terminal would stop any current flow back to the negative post. I'm not familiar with hybrid vehicle designs obviously, but I'm well versed in high voltage/current applications. Klystrons that are powered with 5.6kV@22A for instance. It's pulsed DC Voltage at 1200mHz of course but when it blows out of your elbow on its' way to ground who's counting pulses eh?

283VDC can certainly be lethal and the trick with a battery is you can't really turn it off. It's always ready to discharge if given the opportunity so care must be taken.

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver
Good afternoon. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to look into this on my end.
Yes, please help him 👍

Kshort62

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 limited Powerboost,
Occupation
Process Control Technician
Hear me out - replace the battery. It is a common theme that a dud of a battery causes a cascade of error messages. All these modules not getting the proper voltage causes them to cut out. Tracks with your electronic accessories not working too. If you can, pull a known good battery out of another vehicle and drop it in, that way you can at least rule it out
Dealer should have offers that already .. !!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Yes, they should.
But many (most?) won't.
Sponsored