Service AdvanceTrack
ShiftSystem Fault
Pre Collision Assist Not Available
Hill Start Assist Not Available
Rear Belt Monitor Fault
Check Locking Differential
PowerTrain Malfunction Reduced Power
Restraints Indicator Lamp

Took it to the local Ford, they had it for 3 days and apparently replaced something behind the dash and said it’s good to go. I get there and fire it up, all this pops up just like it did Tuesday…The truck is undrivable and they said they have no idea what’s wrong with it
Sponsored

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
No turn signals
No folding mirrors
No wipers
No blindspot
Service 4x4
Service AdvanceTrack
ShiftSystem Fault
Rear Belt Monitor Fault

Took it to the local Ford, they had it for 3 days and apparently replaced something behind the dash and said it’s good to go. I get there and fire it up, all this pops up just like it did Tuesday…The truck is undrivable and they said they have no idea what’s wrong with it

Deepfork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Explorer
No turn signals
No folding mirrors
No wipers
No blindspot
Service 4x4
Service AdvanceTrack
ShiftSystem Fault
Rear Belt Monitor Fault

Do the cup holders still work?

Rod507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
No turn signals
No folding mirrors
No wipers
No blindspot
Service 4x4
Service AdvanceTrack
ShiftSystem Fault
Rear Belt Monitor Fault

man this really sucks! I know a Ford Motor Co. Rep tends to chime in from time to time… Hope they can reach out and help somehow!

Sponsored

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
1) not okay that any vehicle can throw this many codes at once (obviously all these systems have not died coincidentally
2) not okay that a field service tech can't at least identify some common cause (I'm guessing one or more modules common to the power of all these systems has lost its ground or is on the fritz in the silicon.)
3) Ford needs some sort of new model diagnostics "escalation" process for field service … techs in the field can't be expected to handle these situations.
4) thankfully the first time I've read of this kind of pervasive systems failure

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
No turn signals
No folding mirrors
No wipers
No blindspot
Service 4x4
Service AdvanceTrack
ShiftSystem Fault
Rear Belt Monitor Fault

Good afternoon. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to look into this on my end.

OP
OP

Josh35

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Hybrid SuperCrew 6.5box
Good afternoon. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to look into this on my end.
I did this before posting and was told you cannot do anything because I am in Canada to send a message on FB to Ford Canada who in turn said it’s up to the dealer to figure out how to fix it…..which they have already told me they don’t know how to fix it

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Hear me out - replace the battery. It is a common theme that a dud of a battery causes a cascade of error messages. All these modules not getting the proper voltage causes them to cut out. Tracks with your electronic accessories not working too. If you can, pull a known good battery out of another vehicle and drop it in, that way you can at least rule it out

mj1angier

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Power Boost
Hear me out - replace the battery. It is a common theme that a dud of a battery causes a cascade of error messages. All these modules not getting the proper voltage causes them to cut out. Tracks with your electronic accessories not working too. If you can, pull a known good battery out of another vehicle and drop it in, that way you can at least rule it out
This.
On my last truck- Ram 1500- the dealer had too replace the radio under warrenty. After I got it back I started to have a bunch of quick gliches- no speedomter, no radio, all warning light go off... it would last about 1-2 sec and go back to normal. Dealer kept it 2 days and could not repoduce it. I got it back and was driving down dirt road when it died. Popped the hood and the positive battery cable was loose. They took it off when they replaced the radio and then just set back on post but did not tighten it down. It was GTG after I tighten it on post

Sponsored

OP
OP

Josh35

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hmmm. I will call the dealer and request this tomorrow thanks.

Update: they called Ford Canada for help and are requesting they send an engineer to visit…..

OP
OP

Josh35

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update:
Truck is now spitting out over 50 codes…..
They have ordered a new PowerTrain Control Module. Should arrive next week sometime.

OP
OP

Josh35

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Keep us posted - Interested to see what the fix is.
Still waiting on a new PCM to come from the States. I’m in Toronto and we got 2 feet of snow Monday + new trucker vaccine rules means the part is probably still in the States lol.
3 weeks tomorrow that I’ve been without my PowerBoost…

OP
OP

Josh35

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Still no part…
Sponsored