Sponsored

My PCO will expire before delivery. Am I SOL?

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
I know, I know... I should search. I usually do, but I'm being lazy today.

Anyway...

1. PB Ordered 12/24/21 from granger, I'm thinking May/June 2022 delivery at best.
2. PCO Received 01/20/22
3. PCO expires 04/10/22 IIRC (If not close to then)

Am I screwed because incentives are applied at time of delivery? I'm bummed because I was ecstatic to receive it in the mail.
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Yes, you are screwed. You either need a new PCO, or a dealer that will let you take it out of their cut. The PCO comes directly from Ford and doesn't cost them anything, that's why they probably won't take it from their cut. I tried to make the argument that it wasn't my fault my order kept not getting picked up by the factory, causing me to miss my PCO window, but to no avail. I got lucky and got a new one.

LD50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Raptor, 2022 Lariat on order
This is the fine print from the PCO I got through email:

"New 2‌0‌21‌/‌2‌0‌22‌/‌2‌0‌23 vehicles: Excludes Bronco,™ E‑Transit, F‑150 Lightning,™F‑150 Raptor,® Mustang Mach 1, Mustang Mach‑E® and Mustang Shelby® GT500.®May not combine with other private or commercial offers, conquest cash, owner loyalty and lease renewal programs. A/Z/D Plan ineligible. Nontransferable out of household. Limit one per household. U.S. residents. Prior purchases not eligible. Place order or take new retail delivery from an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer’s stock by 4‌/‌4‌/‌2‌2. See dealer for details"

Seems fairly clear to me that as long as you order prior to the expiration date it should apply. I can't speak for what anyone's actual experience is with that though.

OP
OP
guppydriver

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra

"New 2‌0‌21‌/‌2‌0‌22‌/‌2‌0‌23 vehicles: Excludes Bronco,™ E‑Transit, F‑150 Lightning,™F‑150 Raptor,® Mustang Mach 1, Mustang Mach‑E® and Mustang Shelby® GT500.®May not combine with other private or commercial offers, conquest cash, owner loyalty and lease renewal programs. A/Z/D Plan ineligible. Nontransferable out of household. Limit one per household. U.S. residents. Prior purchases not eligible. Place order or take new retail delivery from an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer’s stock by 4‌/‌4‌/‌2‌2. See dealer for details"

Seems fairly clear to me that as long as you order prior to the expiration date it should apply. I can't speak for what anyone's actual experience is with that though.
Hmmm ….thanks for adding that.

I’m in a gray area because I actually ordered my PB prior to receiving THE PCO
in the mail. I sent it to granger, but I’ll still try to score another one somehow.

DarkSkyForever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F150 701A (Ordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Your dealer can lock in PCO codes for your order. Mine is locked in through Granger (3k) and it expired 1/1.

Sponsored

dmarkjohn

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost
Your dealer can lock in PCO codes for your order. Mine is locked in through Granger (3k) and it expired 1/1.
I got a 3k PCO right before I ordered in November. Sent to Granger with order. They honored it since I ordered before exp date of 1/01. picking truck up Saturday and they confirmed today it applies as well as $1k custom order rebate and another $500 rebate.

LD50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Raptor, 2022 Lariat on order
I got a 3k PCO right before I ordered in November. Sent to Granger with order. They honored it since I ordered before exp date of 1/01. picking truck up Saturday and they confirmed today it applies as well as $1k custom order rebate and another $500 rebate.
What was the other $500 rebate that you qualified for that you were able to stack on top of the PCO? I ask because there are 2 that I qualify for but I'm not sure if they are able to be used along with the PCO.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Wow! They changed the fine print on the PCO's. They used to say "take delivery or purchase from dealer stock by x/y/z date". It never said "order by" before so I think now you are good. Maybe they had too many complaints due to supply issues and orders taking waaaay longer than PCO windows.

stans2000

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150

There is a start date in Vincent

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
My understanding was that if a customer has a PCO at the time they order which expires before delivery, that PCO is locked in and Ford will honor it on their end, and similarly if a customer gets a PCO after ordering that is still valid at the time of delivery that PCO is honored by Ford on their end, but if a customer gets a PCO after ordering that expires before delivery, then it’s up to the dealer to decide to make up the difference on their end or not, which would mean in most cases the customer is indeed SOL.

Sponsored

SCandTC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 F-150 Lightning
We need Zach or Chip in here to verify. I also have a PCO expiring today.

Badhabit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 SCrew 4x4 5.0 302A
Hmmm ….thanks for adding that.

I’m in a gray area because I actually ordered my PB prior to receiving THE PCO
in the mail. I sent it to granger, but I’ll still try to score another one somehow.
There will also be a start date on that PCO, not just an end date. If it expires 4/04, it started 1/04.

I ordered 12/20. Received PCO 1/6 stating "take delivery or order from 1/04 to 4/04". Knew I wouldn't get my order delivered by 4/04 so I placed a new order on 1/24. Ironically, my first order has a blend date of 4/04 and second order has a blend date of 4/05.

JPNewIn22

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Sales Manager
My dealer had to call their zone manager to get mine locked in. They were able to do it, my truck came in about two months after my PCO expired but it was still applied to the purchase. Akins Ford in Winder, Ga.
Sponsored