First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their cars.
Hey everyone, Friday I brought home my first travel trailer😁😊. a 2023 Forest River IBEX 23RLDS.
Still getting all the essentials together. I have lists made and i'm checking them off as i go. Looking forward to some adventures! :D
937F8A93-65DF-445C-BBFB-6DAA7B3090D7.jpg
IBEX 32RLDS-flr plan.png
ibex ext rr R-side.jpg

few more pics

20230331_174815.jpg

20230401_082040.jpg

20230401_084019.jpg
Wow... im envious, that's an amazing trailer. Congrats! Do you have any trips planned yet? If so, can i tag along lol?
Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
Most certainly, as have many others.

Here's my post about it within a thread exhausting the topic. My particular installation addresses some specific 'tweaks' to make it '5th-wheel friendly' which you can ignore, but everything you need to know about implementing the 'Superduty' Trailer TPMS+cam accessory is in that thread.

HINT 1: First verify that your 2021 PB has the 360-degree cam package with the 'aux' cam button which will show a blue screen without the trailer cam attached; and that your IPC display has the menu item "Towing > Trailer Tire Info > Trailer with Tire Pressure Monitor Capability Not Detected" .

The former is needed for the trailer cam display, the latter is needed for the trailer TPMS configuration and display. If you don't have those there may be a FORScan solution described in the thread, but I didn't need to pursue that.

HINT 2: The 2021+ model year Superduty accessory trailer TPMS+cam package is 100% compatible with the 2021+ model year F150 as long as the F150 hsa the requisite TPMS and cam support mentioned in Hint 1.
I just searched the Ford Store and found this:

Part No: ML3Z1A189F
F-150 2022-2023 TRAILER TPMS MONITOR WITH CAMERA AND TPMS

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
$1,040.00 That's the price, but I plan on towing regularly. Does anyone have this yet? I like that it's specifically for the F150.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
Hey everyone, Friday I brought home my first travel trailer😁😊. a 2023 Forest River IBEX 23RLDS.
Still getting all the essentials together. I have lists made and i'm checking them off as i go. Looking forward to some adventures! :D
937F8A93-65DF-445C-BBFB-6DAA7B3090D7.jpg
IBEX 32RLDS-flr plan.png
ibex ext rr R-side.jpg

few more pics

20230331_174815.jpg

20230401_082040.jpg

20230401_084019.jpg
Does that Sofa have recliners built into it ?

OP
OP
CaptainAmericaRob

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 PB
Occupation
Machine Designer - Ford Motor Co.
Congrats!

I hope you have a blast chasing sunsets and sunrises. :)

I live in a 213 RB full time.
When I travel I pull either a small Toy Hauler or a Teardrop.

So nothing heavy. (which makes the Powerboost a magic machine no matter where I am)

But YES! On the ICE Machine.
I make about a gallon bag of ice at a time.

Screenshot_20230402_191030_Amazon Shopping.jpg
it has a nice fridge with good size freezer. for my camping trips i'll just buy a bag of ice and just fill up the ice cube bin in the freezer. that should work for now. no real room for a dedicated ice maker anyway.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CaptainAmericaRob

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 PB
Occupation
Machine Designer - Ford Motor Co.
Does that Sofa have recliners built into it ?
kinda, lol. the lower portion does pop out to rest your feet on, like a recliner, but the backs dont recline like you'd think.
it does all fold out flat into a bed though.

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
We know what they are meant to weight. But when you are "loaded for bear" see if you can find a CATSCALE on your route and measure, front/rear and trailer axles.

Pro Tip, make sure you position one axle per weigh pad. This dumbass managed to get one of the trailer axles on the middle pad first time around and saw over 6000lbs on the rear axle scared the living bejesus out of me until I figured out what happened......

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
Cool trailer! For ice we just get a bag of ice....but simple that way haha. I have a furrion rear camera, and a lot of newer trailers are already setup for this. If you just want a rear video, its probably about half the price. For TPMS I use of of those systems with the screw on caps and a separate display in the truck. Works good and cheap.

I'd rather have it all integrated, but I didn't want to fiddle with running the wire for the camera, and probably adding a harness to the truck. Maybe some day, if I can find a system for a reasonable price.

I have seen the full systems, camera/tpms and sometimes the yaw sensor for about 700 or so on ebay? I bought the just yaw sensor for mine as I've never liked sticker setup on my previous trucks.

RuggedGoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 XLT 157" 302a
OooOOohh, blue LED backlight stove knobs?!? Siiiiick.

haha just kidding, looks great. Knew you must be in MI as soon as I saw the watermark on the sale ads. Congratulations and have a great season of camping!

bbene

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lariat 502A Powerboost
Occupation
Software Engineer
I just searched the Ford Store and found this:

Part No: ML3Z1A189F
F-150 2022-2023 TRAILER TPMS MONITOR WITH CAMERA AND TPMS
I just had mine come in this week. The exact part # for Camea with TPMS sensors is lc3z-1a189-d . They usually run about $670 before tax from most sellers. If you want, you can PM me and I can let you know where I found mine at. I initially ordered from an Ebay parts store and they were selling parts they didn't physically have, so I reordered elsewhere and had it in 3 days.

I didn't install it yet (waiting for warmer weather and days off next week), but I did test the camera with my truck and it works great.

Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
I just had mine come in this week. The exact part # for Camea with TPMS sensors is lc3z-1a189-d . They usually run about $670 before tax from most sellers. If you want, you can PM me and I can let you know where I found mine at. I initially ordered from an Ebay parts store and they were selling parts they didn't physically have, so I reordered elsewhere and had it in 3 days.

I didn't install it yet (waiting for warmer weather and days off next week), but I did test the camera with my truck and it works great.
I haven't purchased the trailer yet, but I will definitely reach out to you. Is the camera wired or wireless? If wired, do we have to figure out how to run it front to back on our trailers? I'm also curious if we will have to toggle the big Sync screen from map to rearview cam while driving down the road.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Is the camera wired or wireless?
Wired (as is the connection to the TPMS receiver which must be on the trailer near the axles)

If wired, do we have to figure out how to run it front to back on our trailers?
Yes

I'm also curious if we will have to toggle the big Sync screen from map to rearview cam while driving down the road.
Yes (can't display both simultaneously; can't put cam view on a 'side card' - the FORScan guru's have struck out on this)

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
Wired

Yes

Yes (can't display both simultaneously; can't put cam view on a 'side card' - the FORScan guru's have struck out on this)
Wired means glitch free real time viewing vs wireless especially in crowded cities etc.
I'm sure I can figure out how to run the wire, so that leaves screen sharing...hmm...ugh
Have to think about that

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
.... so that leaves screen sharing...hmm...ugh
Have to think about that
Personally, I don't mind the lack of 'screen sharing' at all with mine, I find no need for a constant cam rear view.

My rear-view mirrors still work great, if a jerk is so close as to be out of their view just toggle the cam.

For tight area maneuvering / backing, there's no need for NAV or other view.

The overall system integration outweighs all of the limitations, IMO (e.g. the cam is not as high-res as many on the aftermarket and it is not an infrared / super low-light cam). I'm very happy with the 'compromises'.

Your preferences may differ, no worries!

(And yes, I'm very glad it's wired rather than wireless)

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
Personally, I don't mind the lack of 'screen sharing' at all with mine, I find no need for a constant cam rear view.

My rear-view mirrors still work great, if a jerk is so close as to be out of their view just toggle the cam.

For tight area maneuvering / backing, there's no need for NAV or other view.

The overall system integration outweighs all of the limitations of the system, IMO (e.g. the cam is not as high-res as many on the aftermarket and it is not an infrared / super low-light cam). I'm very happy with the 'compromises'.

Your preferences may differ, no worries!
No No you make very good points and one of the many reasons I like this forum. I have more to consider now. Informed choices are better choices so thanks.
Sponsored