• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My Lightning reservation vanished - dealer wont respond.

EvEddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Ligthning
I moved my reservation to another dealer (I bought a f250) as I had a good experience etc etc. I called ford; move was smooth. I got a refund as they said I would on the deposit.

Two weeks later the dealer sells to a bigger dealer - I get an email from ford saying so. Now when I check my reservation, I get nothing! and the dealer isn't responding.. anyone else seen this? is it a glitch? has my order been cancelled?

Thanks
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
This happened to a guy who posted about it on the Mach-E forum. When his dealer was sold, his order disappeared online. The dealer told him his order was still valid. Appears to be a situation not handled by the Ford website.
Now, how he was treated by the new dealership was a sad tale, iirc.

LightingTroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Thanks!
So i did just find and try this and my reservation does show!!
https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=enteryourid
I had similar situation. I actually had 2 orders. They disappeared when dealer was sold. I was able to access them through that backdoor way. But when when i got my invitation to order i was no longer to access it. I was wave 1 on 1 of my reservations. I was still able to access the non invite one. But not the one i was invited to order. I hope your still able to after invite. I did receive the invitation and texts as normal.

Sponsored

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
My reservation and my friend's also disappeared when the dealership changed ownership. I can use the backdoor link to pull it up and see all the info (after logging in to the Ford website), but it doesn't load under the ford reservation page. Whatever query that page is running is broken...

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
Just to clarify, I think when ownership changes, the dealership gets a new record in the database. The old record probably gets deactivated. I bet the query on the reservation page is mashing up data and when the dealership is deactivated, the reservation doesn't appear in the list.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
My dealership was sold at the end of December. Online access to my reservation disappeared the morning after Wave 1 opened. With a lot of hard work on both the part of my local dealership and their Ford Zone rep, the dealer was able to get the order in two days ago and I received my email confirmation this morning.

The solution is good communication with the dealership and getting them to work with their rep. My understanding is that the rep has to come into the dealership to sign paperwork and submit it for processing.
Sponsored