First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
Thank you for taking them to task on the rust thing. I love my truck but the fact that this rust exists underneath the the most expensive vehicle I've ever purchased definitely gives me a bad taste in my mouth.
It's like you read my mind word for word

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Any discussion on using cemeras above 8mph??
Unfortunately, like the auto start stop thing, I don’t think they have a say (safety wise) in letting people use them at higher speeds.

Sponsored

boo radley

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1987 F150 1992 F150, 1999 F150, 2004 F150, 2013 F150
I had the 3.0 diesel in the 18’. Yeah, HP and torque are slightly lower than the 3.5 EB but getting peak torque at 1700, 30+ on the highway, and better longevity makes it the ideal choice for me. Delay after delay on the diesel meant waiting many more months or just getting EB. Didn’t realized I’d be getting 16 highway ??
I had never driven a 3.0 until 2 weeks ago. Ive driven 3 different 3,0s to date. Im sold.

Drove a 3.0 Lariat this past Saturday and averaged a steady 20 mpg around town o test run.

Six7Kevin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Limited
Caliplat...Did you tell them you were a member of this board and they can monitor in real time owner’s likes and dislikes?

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Caliplat...Did you tell them you were a member of this board and they can monitor in real time owner’s likes and dislikes?
I did not mention this forum by name but told them I’m a part of multiple forums and very active. They actually asked me what other forum members are saying on a variety of topics, including pro power on the powerboost, something I don’t have.

ford2021

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
sales
This is cool, my powerboost has some goofy features and isn't getting me the mileage I expected. I was wishing I'd gone EB ?

The windows drive me nuts only having 2 auto up- although I've had glitches 2 times now where auto up doesn't work. And the window takes several attempts to close. I hold it to close manually and when it gets to the top it goes back down 2"... super maddening since the first time was in line at a car wash!
Another thing to go with auto windows for me would be all 4 doors unlocking the truck not just the front 2...

Not sure if it's a powerboost tranny issue due to electric motor or if others have experienced it, but several times now the tranny doesn't engage/shift immediately when I go from reverse to drive or the other way around and it will grind and jerk.

The floaty suspension is very upsetting too

Did the overall lack of any customization/option come up? I hate there are so few wheel options and it's like Ford is scared of black... it's what is in right now and so many people want it, I hate chrome. It was the entire reason I didn't go platinum, and the badging online before trucks rolled out looked black for lariat sport. You get it though and they are a dark grey- I mean cmon. Black badging is standard across the competition. Don't get me started on the "dark alloy wheels" either lol. Cmon Ford Black.... please.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
I was thinking about this comment, somewhere they know that their customers seem to want a little bit bigger truck and/or wheels and tires. I’m not sure what the percentage of raptor owners, but I know everybody that I know who has a raptor including when I owned one at two different times, I never drove the thing off a curb, Yet I loved the big beefy hard to get truck. I think that’s the thing with F150 owners that want to level or lift their trucks to gain a few inches. I’m assuming the reason Ford doesn’t mass produce something like this is because of liability.
I'd never thought of this as being a consequence of Liability but you may be right.

My sense has long been that it's been about MPG and meeting their Federally-mandated CAFE standards. Its especially important this year as Ford has gotten rid of their higher-mileage sedans and coups. The rake, the relatively small/narrow tires, and the many changes in 2021 (louvered vents, drop-down airdam, redesigned hood skin, auto stop-start, tailgate air foil, etc) are about reducing drag to improve fuel consumption.

To be fair, I give Ford credit for increasing their stock tire diameters by 1 inch this year (from 32's to 33's) and for increasing the size of the front wheel well (so we can at least add 34"-35" tires on our own). :)

Sponsored

futuretrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda accord ‘18 ford bronco ‘21
Occupation
manager
I can’t believe they asked why you leveled your truck lol

ekaddo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning,VolvoXC90T6, BMW1250RT
Occupation
Consultant
  • All of my interior issues were discussed, including rear sliding window rattling, trim fitment issues, and passenger lumbar problems.

Overall, I left the interview feeling like I was heard and that they genuinely are trying to make the truck and experience better overall. Im glad I did the interview with them!
Good stuff, covered a lot of items. The rear window is the most annoying to me because in my 2013 and 2020 I used to keep the rear window open all the time. Drives me bonkers to hear the rattle and annoys me to have it closed. Sun roof makes up for it. But sheesh.

SpartanDS

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4, Space White
Just got done with a 75 minute interview with Ford engineers. I wanted to discuss some of things covered. The engineers had really good questions and seemed genuinely interested in feedback and making the truck better. I won't write an essay here but here are the issues we talked about.

• Rust on the axles. I mentioned how, after spending $81000 on a platinum truck (with mods), that every time I looked underneath my truck, seeing rust there after only 3 months of ownership left a really bad taste in my mouth as a loyal Ford customer. I brought up the official response Ford gave to this issue, and mentioned how a massive gash across the sync screen wouldn't affect performance or longevity of the item, but nevertheless is unsightly and shouldn't be there. They said Ford is aggressively looking into this and hinted at something coming soon, but stopped short of giving any promise of anything concrete. We shall see. They are certainly feeling the pressure and power of social media.
  • Recall on the trailer and mirror modules was discussed.
  • Transmission performance
  • Ride quality and issues, turning radius, adaptive steering, and cabin noise.
  • Spoke in length to the powertrain engineer about the Ecoboost, the power stroke, and lack of pro power with the 3.0 diesel. I also flatly told him I think the 3.0 diesel is the best engine offered in the F150 and would argue that all day long. I mentioned how lack of pro power, diesel delays, personal circumstances, and production delays forced me to go with the 3.5. Also begged engineers not to give up on the 3.0 and that if they do, to give a brother a heads up so he can buy the last one.
  • All of my interior issues were discussed, including rear sliding window rattling, trim fitment issues, and passenger lumbar problems.
  • Interior styling, likes and dislikes were discussed. I mentioned the 18 speaker system not being loud enough and how the front passengers get over 50% of the speakers and back is kinda left out.
  • Build quality, 360 camera, driver assist features (especially the KEEP YOUR HANDS ON THE WHEEL message), all digital tachometer, and interior button placement were all discussed, as well as what I liked compared to the 18' platinum I had.
  • Pro power onboard was discussed. I adamantly requested, on behalf of many forum members as well, that an update be applied to make it default to OFF when the ignition is cycled for me to choose when it comes ON, not the other way around. They agreed with me about my point and said the team responsible for this would hear about it for sure.
  • Auto Start Stop was discussed and how they are getting a lot of feedback about people wanting it to default to off. Unfortunately they cant make that happen as it would jeopardize their EPA credits against emissions.
  • Exterior lighting was discussed and I mentioned how the DRL's are bright enough on a side profile and how the rear C-clamp lights on the taillights should be on in conjunction with the DRL's upfront to give the truck a uniform look.
  • Power tail gate pros and cons were discussed
  • The amount of chrome on the platinum trim, inside and out, was discussed. Apparently they get a lot of feedback about this as well, as many are saying "cut down on the chrome".
  • Seat comfort and styling were discussed.
  • Features I wanted and features I wish the truck didn't have were touched on as well.
  • My truck in comparison to the Ram 1500 I test drove before buying the F-150 was discussed.
  • The engineers also asked me why I leveled my truck lol. This was a funny question given how many do.
  • Power running boards were discussed. I did mention they are louder than the outgoing ones as mentioned by other forum members and how the courtesy approach feature get confused when I locked the truck and start to walk away, only to redeploy them immediately.
  • I mentioned the lack of 4 one touch window switches on the driver door and how my 2003 Jetta had that, but my platinum truck doesn't.
  • Mentioned that the courtesy unlock on the door handles should be extended to the rear doors as well, and this is a feature many wish they had.
  • Ford pass app and functionality was discussed.
  • All digital instructions manual was discussed.
  • Sync 4 and apple car play use was discussed, including performance and layout of control and menus.
  • The access to the wireless charging pad was touched on too and how placement wasn't ideal.
  • Zone lighting use and the update coming for the battery drain issues was discussed.

Overall, I left the interview feeling like I was heard and that they genuinely are trying to make the truck and experience better overall. Im glad I did the interview with them!
Did the engineers have any comments about the rear sliding window rattle? Drives me absolutely crazy.

SBrentnall

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.daxiadigital.com
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Occupation
Digital Marketing
Unfortunately, like the auto start stop thing, I don’t think they have a say (safety wise) in letting people use them at higher speeds.
It has to be an internal issue - it's not a federal safety standard. Other vehicles, such as Tesla, don't have this restriction.
Sponsored