First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader
My 22 XLT PB 6.5' F-150 was delivered on 4/27; since then I've put about 800 miles on it.

Did I make the right choice with this truck? Here are my impressions:

Ride: driving this thing feels very much like driving one of those old "land yachts" like a Cadillac Fleetwood or Lincoln Continental from the 60's or 70's. No surprise since the engines produce even more HP and the suspension is about the same. The truck just sort of floats over bumps and it's a very smooth ride. I love the "command" position sitting up so high, the visibility is excellent.

Economy: I have the Powerboost engine and this will do whatever I ask of it. I can feather it and get 26mpg on 45mph backroads, or I can *close* the waste gates and get 5mpg while pressing my skull into the headrest. I agree with Snakebitten that the transmission shift points appear to be set up to lug the engine which is great as long as I'm not asking anything from it., but tend to "help" it by dropping out the top 2 gears on uphill runs. Really enjoying the flexibility of this powertrain.

Utility: this is the first truck that I've bought; WTF took me so long? I grew up during a time where pickups were only driven by those that worked for a living and were very utilitarian...I was more of a sport car dude. That's all changed, I will never go back to a "car" again.

Build: this truck is BIG. It sits up high. Never mind all that aluminum for weight savings, everything about this truck is beefy and solid. Those of you with manual tailgates know what I mean, I was expecting a light tailgate that you could lift with a couple of fingers....nope. Takes a big heave to shut it. Even the doors go "THUNK" when you close them. Solid. Build quality is excellent.

Tech: I've owned many different brands and all of them have their own learning curves for the tech and infotainment. This might be the most intuitive system that I've used, including the steering wheel/dash screen and 12" monitor. Really good. Android Auto functionality has been rock-solid. Love the split screen on the main monitor. Had no idea that the XLT included cornering lights but those are really useful.

Comfort: seats are really good and the lumbar rest pops out further than any other I've driven. (good) Easy to get seating into a preferred position with the power adjust.

Gripes: Almost none. There was some slight surface rust on the differential which I took care of. The transmission takes some getting used to, particularly the 1-3 shift which I'm hoping grows up in time as we get to know each other. It's a mf'er to park in a normal parking lot. (I'm learning why dudes tend to back them in) When I'm near the truck, the truck wifi grabs my phone which disables internet, so if I'm using a phone app which requires online connectivity, then I have to disable wifi temporarily so that I can use the standard 4G network on the phone.

In summary, really happy with it, has exceeded my expectations. Still in the Honeymoon phase. Hope this helps those of you still waiting, which seemed like forever for me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Wait. This is your FIRST truck?

Your first truck is a Electrified Twin Turbo, Variable Valve Timing, Direct & Port injected, 600lbs torque rolling power grid?
That just so unfair. 🤣🤣🤣

Yes, that's why we back in

64Wing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Fusion Titanium, 2022 F150 SCREW Lariat 502a
Occupation
Aviation
Closing your waste gates...

OP
OP
Severdog

Severdog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader

64Wing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Fusion Titanium, 2022 F150 SCREW Lariat 502a
Occupation
Aviation
edited (first turbo vehicle) thanks
Hey man, I'm just happy to read your experience as part of the group of folks still waiting for their trucks :ROFLMAO::cry:

Sponsored

Verdenc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Explorer, Escape
Occupation
Underwear model
Re: Utility... Same here. Wasted too many years on sport cars that, in hindsight, I wish were trucks. 😂

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It's not against the law to have the truck and a sports car. I'm just saying. ;)
Sponsored