Sponsored

daytpwr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
A quick write up on it so far. So for background I have had several trucks the one before this was a 2010 Lariat 4x4. My daily drivers are a Acura TLX or wifes Acura RDX with navi.

Specs:

502a
3.5 eco
spray in liner
BO unleashed
power tailgate
twin moon panels
work surface
20" rims
lockable storage
onboard generator

Ford F-150 My impressions and review so far - Lariat Sport 3.5L EcoBoost 20210115_191321-

Ford F-150 My impressions and review so far - Lariat Sport 3.5L EcoBoost 20210116_093825-

Driving-
This drives very well as you all know. It rides smooth on highway. I did have a chance to run 4x4 Hi and there was no hum or any negatives in that mode. I can say that sub 5mph that turning is a bit rough because the tires are new. Power curve is great with the 3.5 Eco I am sure the MPG will be decent as others have stated. Also just like my Acura the lane assist works pretty well on the highway but I only put about 5 miles with it there.​

Pros-
  • -The zone lighting is pretty cool to use. It is not really a necessity but I can see it being useful for people when working in the dark and without putting up many lights. If you are at the tailgate at night with it on the lights are a bit bright from the tailgate in your eye. Putting a bike on the carrier at night was a bit challenging due to this.
  • - This by far is the best navigation voice command i have ever used. I have been using the Acura and or Lexus for the past few years. This thing works really went and is a huge time saver. You can be driving and hit the mic button and say "wal-mart" and it will pull up the closest ones to you first. Other Navi systems are a bit more clunky or you must be in neutral or park etc. so a huge thumbs up. In addition the wireless sync 4 works great.
  • -The B&O unleashed. It sounds pretty darn good. I have always added speakers, subs to my past vehicles. This system sounds very good it is crisp and clear. I wish there was a touch more bass available but i have not messed with the audio settings much.
  • -Comfort. As in my last super crew the passenger seating area is 2nd to none.
  • -400 watt outlet in the cab is a nice feature.

Cons/Wants-
  • - I so far only have a few and they are small. That is for preset radio buttons I think there are only 8 or 9 available. If there are more i have not figured that out. But if you have XM and FM you will use them up quickly.
  • - The thin cell holder works well but it would be nice to have a built in wireless charger. I read they do have one but i dont see a tray for it.
  • - The sunglass holder is small and i cant fit any of mine in it.
  • - I didnt see a garage door opener function but i could have missed it.

Not needed extras.
  • - As I said earlier this is pretty loaded. If i were to order it myself (i canceled my order when i found this) I would not re-order the power tailgate. It is a neat idea but at $695 I dont think it is really great. I cant really think of a time where i will really need it. I did put a bike carrier in the hitch yesterday and i was paranoid that it would go down and scratch the tail. So i made sure not to touch it.

• - Lockable storage. I suppose it can be useful but i would spend the extra $215 for it. Just my .02.

• - Interior work surface. I see that for some people can be very useful so this might be a go if you work in your truck alot. I had the impression it was on an arm or movable but it is static.

Next steps
- Soft tonneau cover, ceramic paint protector, ceramic tints, hitch step (also bumper protector) and possible 2 extra led fog lights if small enough possible in the grill.​
Sponsored

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
Congrats on your truck! I also got myself a Lariat Crew Cab 4 X4 502a.
Go into your settings I spent a good hour going through my settings and you do have way more than 8 or 9 presets available! It defaults to 2 sets of presets but I think you can go up to 4 or 5

The 3 button Homelink garage door opener is on my driver side visor.

I also got the power tailgate. It's not something I wanted. But, you can go into your settings and deactivate the power tailgate option.... I too was worried about it coming down onto a trailer jack or something...

I also have the B&O Unleashed. I think it has fantastic sound quality... and they are getting a decent amount of Bass from the door speakers without having to take up space under the seat with a separate subwoofer.

my pet peeve is the Hankook made in Korea Dynapro AT2 tires. I'm switching those out for BFGoodrich or general Grabbers or Nitto or Toyo Tires.

I did add the tuxedo Low Pro tonneau cover and had it installed in minutes. And it's my third one..
It rolls up in like 2 seconds and I can roll it back quickly and it just velcros on the sides.
My .02 :)

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bullitt, 2020 F-150
Occupation
Babylon 5 security
I got a Tyger tonneau cover for my 2020. It’s fantastic. Made in the USA, I got it for under $200, and it was very easy to install.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I think the 3 button HomeLink is available in Lariat and above. I couldn't find it on my XLT options.

Braccia

First Name
Lariat55
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat 502A
Great review...I thought u listed u had a generator? I wouldn't mind not getting the power tail gate either, but I dont think u have a choice if u want the tailgate step.

Very nice looking truck?

Congrats

Sponsored

ford2021

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
sales
Wireless charger is in the storage area in center console in front of shifter

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Congrad's on your new F150. Great reviews. I do agree that Ford could do a better jo on their tire selcton especially on a FTX 4x4 with Max Tow. I would be willing to purchase OEM tire coming from the factor if Ford were to give additional tire & wheel setups on those that have FTX with max tow. Some many who have purchased F150 4x4 (FTX)- have in turn ended up switching out their stock tires.

Bipolarque

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150
Occupation
Retired Army

TheOne

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT, 2015 Mustang Ecoboost convertible 50 Year Appereance Package
Occupation
Work
Good looking truck (y)

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I got a Tyger tonneau cover for my 2020. It’s fantastic. Made in the USA, I got it for under $200, and it was very easy to install.
Glad to hear. I am buying that same cover when my build date gets closer!

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
Wireless charger is only on the KR, Platinum, and Limited
Really bummed about this, I don't understand how it's not in a Lariat at the least as an option. Unless they're gonna be stingy they'll have it in every one of their vehicles in a few years.

kwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2021 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Corporate Finance
Really bummed about this, I don't understand how it's not in a Lariat at the least as an option. Unless they're gonna be stingy they'll have it in every one of their vehicles in a few years.
I agree. Shocked it wasn't at least in the 502a.

gobluejd

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Agate Black Lariat 502A / Lincoln Nautilus
Occupation
Product Engineer
I agree. Shocked it wasn't at least in the 502a.
I am wondering if you can add in this - hopefully it will be added to the Raptor!
Sponsored