My Halogen Tails to LED conversion

boy racer

First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 1985 Mustang 5.0
So I wanted to do this a while ago and got in touch with Boosted Greygoose a while ago and he took acre of me with an awesome set of LED taillights with BLIS and the adapters needed. I finally got around to putting them in this past weekend and can kick myself for not doing this sooner as I think they look so awesome! This was a pretty simple procedure as Boosted Greygoose gives you everything you need. Both taillights took me about 40-45 minutes including a hiccup I had with Forscan. I'm a Forscan newbie so it was all new to me. Plus I took my time as I like to be meticulous when I do things. This was in daylight. They look so much better at night.
Ford F-150 My Halogen Tails to LED conversion IMG-6941
Ford F-150 My Halogen Tails to LED conversion IMG-6940
Ford F-150 My Halogen Tails to LED conversion IMG-6939
Sponsored

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
So I wanted to do this a while ago and got in touch with Boosted Greygoose a while ago and he took acre of me with an awesome set of LED taillights with BLIS and the adapters needed. I finally got around to putting them in this past weekend and can kick myself for not doing this sooner as I think they look so awesome! This was a pretty simple procedure as Boosted Greygoose gives you everything you need. Both taillights took me about 40-45 minutes including a hiccup I had with Forscan. I'm a Forscan newbie so it was all new to me. Plus I took my time as I like to be meticulous when I do things. This was in daylight. They look so much better at night.
IMG-6941.jpg
IMG-6940.jpg
IMG-6939.jpg
Just ordered this harness for this reason! I’ll never understand why Ford puts LED headlights but never the tails. Quick question, how long did it take to get shipped after you placed the order & how long did it take to arrive? I just placed an order for mine just yesterday afternoon.

OP
OP
boy racer

boy racer

First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 1985 Mustang 5.0
Just ordered this harness for this reason! I’ll never understand why Ford puts LED headlights but never the tails. Quick question, how long did it take to get shipped after you placed the order & how long did it take to arrive? I just placed an order for mine just yesterday afternoon.
Why Ford don't do it? Simple, money. 1. It makes people want to upgrade to bigger packages to get them. 2. Save $5 here, $8 there on each vehicle, after tens of thousands of vehicles, it adds up. Plus keeps entry price lower when combined with other less expensive parts. Makes the truck more attractive to casual shoppers.
Shipping was fairly quick. Don't remember exactly how many days but BG was good at giving updates. Install was easy, just take time and follow instructions.

HossPower98

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT, 2019 Escape SEL, 1998 Mustang GT
Occupation
Retired
Ford uses several different styles in taillights. A friend has an STX work truck, it has halogen lights and amber colored turn signals. My guess they use these for exports also. My XLT Sport has halogen, all red but with BLIS monitoring option. Lariat upgrade is different and the super premium trims even have "onboard scale" LED's, optional on lower trims but with max towing.

Black150

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
How can I get in contact with Boosted Greygoose or order the tail lights and wiring harness needed

Sponsored

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
do the talights and harness come in the one kit?

Thanks,
Rocco
We wish. They sell the harness. The LED taillights are another ~$1,200

RoccoL

First Name
Rocco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer
Occupation
IT
We wish. They sell the harness. The LED taillights are another ~$1,200
Ugh, thanks for confirming. I know some of the other gen’s used to come with LED taillights on the XLT with BLIS, something’s change for the worse:(

Ajaynice150

First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 ford f150 xlt
Occupation
Auto technician
IMG-6941.jpg
IMG-6940.jpg
IMG-6939.jpg
What did you have to change in forscan?
Sponsored