Sponsored

My first truck. Where do I store my stuff in it?

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
That is extremely useful. Thank you so much daemonic3! I'll start looking for something that can fit that space.

Other than under the rear seats, what are the other storage areas that are worth mentioning in this truck?
I dont think anyone has suggested this, but buying a lockable bed cover may be a very worthwhile investment. Since you can just use it as an oversized trunk
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I dont think anyone has suggested this, but buying a lockable bed cover may be a very worthwhile investment. Since you can just use it as an oversized trunk
Yeah I mean, these trucks are huge vehicles. You can basically choose anywhere in the bed to carve out a semi permanent place to store things. There are lockable toolboxes, or covers and then you can use any variety of tubs or swing out storage. That's part of the fun is engineering your own solutions!

My teens aren't in the back seat often, so usually I carried my crap back there for my weekly commutes - this included a collapsible shopping cart, a rolling duffel bag, groceries, and sometimes my full size roadbike I just stood up in the rear cab. I couldnt use the bed because I have to back into my parking space against a concrete wall!

Anyway, you'll figure something out!

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Thank you so much for this. Much appreciated. That's exactly what I wanted to see, and unfortunately not the result I was hoping for.

This brings me back to my initial question, to which I still have no answer to I'm afraid. Where am I going to store the most basic stuff in the truck? Under the seats seems to be a no go.
I’m sure the aftermarket will have something soon.

That 2kW module takes up the same amount of space as the storage unit in the current F150.

I’m not sure if you’ve seen them but take a look at at the Husky and Du-Ha.com websites.

F150 specific storage options.

I think this is what you’re looking for.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yeah, Husky seems to make exactly what I need, but they sell that bin for 225$ CAD and I find it a bit steep for the intended purpose. A 10$ shallow bin from a local hardware store would be great, if I can find one.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Yeah, Husky seems to make exactly what I need, but they sell that bin for 225$ CAD and I find it a bit steep for the intended purpose. A 10$ shallow bin from a local hardware store would be great, if I can find one.
Perhaps you can find a used one online in Canada.

Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
I never have any rear passengers in my Screw and I always keep the rear seats in the upright position. This allows me to keep a couple of milk crates on the floor. They are handy for storing various items, putting groceries in, etc. Simple way to keep stuff from rolling around.

Last edited:

ilkhan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Escape Limted
Thank you so much for this. Much appreciated. That's exactly what I wanted to see, and unfortunately not the result I was hoping for.

This brings me back to my initial question, to which I still have no answer to I'm afraid. Where am I going to store the most basic stuff in the truck? Under the seats seems to be a no go.
There is still a good foot or more of space under the seats. A box and no slip material will for just fine. Mine had a bunch of stuff in the 60% cubby, but there's also time off space in the center console, doors, seat backs, globe box, and under the rest seats in general.

Or, you know, the bed of the truck.

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
Seems really nice, but man..$130 for a piece of plastic? Wow

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Hi!

The 2021 F-150 will be my first truck ever and I'm very excited to (eventually) get it. Stupid question, but Im wondering, since trucks have no trunks, where do people actually store their various auto-related items in these vehicles? Since mine is a gasoline model with the Pro Power, I can't get the lockable storage unit under the back seat because it has the inverter located in that area already. That being the case, where can I store a gallon of windshield washer, emergency road kit, etc. without leaving that stuff simply laying on the floor in the back?

Thank you
I have the Powerboost so I could get the underseat storage but kept my swing storage from my 2018 which fits the 2021 exactly the same. No drilling, uses existing holes and it swings to you for easy access.

Doesn't really use hardly any bed space and they make them for left or right. I have propower so I can't put one there, glad my old one was for the right side.

Ford F-150 My first truck. Where do I store my stuff in it? 1611535015427

Ford F-150 My first truck. Where do I store my stuff in it? 1611535102881

Ford F-150 My first truck. Where do I store my stuff in it? 1611535174280

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you currybob. I'll just have to wait and see what my options are once I get delivery, if it ever happens. I ordered my 2021 F150 back in October and no news since.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Would you say the Swing Case is flush with the wheel Well? Or does it extend into the useable bed area?
about 3 inches is in usable space

Ford F-150 My first truck. Where do I store my stuff in it? 1611617347164

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Explorer, 2021 VW ID.4, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
When I read you can sometimes use a gallon of windshield wiper in one 5 hour drive, I remembered why I live in San Diego lol. If I have to refill more than once a year i'm shocked. Same goes for the discussion about retractable tonneau covers freezing and not opening. Just crazy the different things you have to think about with a car depending on where you live.
Sponsored