Sponsored

My first truck. Where do I store my stuff in it?

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
When I read you can sometimes use a gallon of windshield wiper in one 5 hour drive, I remembered why I live in San Diego lol. If I have to refill more than once a year i'm shocked. Same goes for the discussion about retractable tonneau covers freezing and not opening. Just crazy the different things you have to think about with a car depending on where you live.
Absolutely. During the summer, I won't use 1/8 of a gallon. Winter though..I regularly go through a gallon every week or so, hence why I need to carry a spare or two at all times. Where to put them, in a vehicle with no trunk, will be an adventure.
Sponsored

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Thank you everyone for all the great suggestions, and thank you daemonic3 for posting those pictures. If the under seat compartment in mine looked like that, I would be happy and have more than enough room for the essentials.

I guess I'm just worried that, given my configuration which has the huge 2k power inverter under the seat, I may not have nearly the same amount of space, nor even have any storage compartments under there whatsoever. Like I said, I haven't seen the vehicle yet, so time will tell!
I just installed the weather tech under seat box and it is tall enough to hold several gallons of whatever and other support items. I will add a picture tomorrow.

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I just installed the weather tech under seat box and it is tall enough to hold several gallons of whatever and other support items. I will add a picture tomorrow.
Here are two pictures of the weather tech storage box. I have the power boost engine so you will see the inverter for the cab 120 V plugs.

Ford F-150 My first truck. Where do I store my stuff in it? 20210127_103012

Ford F-150 My first truck. Where do I store my stuff in it? 20210127_103037

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
Nice storage box. How much was it if I may ask? Have a link to it?

Thx

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
When I lived in NY, I rarely carried less than two gallons of windshield washer fluid. I also started carrying a spray bottle of Windex after freezing rain froze my door shut.

I had an extended cab with 6’ bed and kept the fluid in an old milk crate bungeed to a tie down in the corner of the bed.

I also had a bottle of oil, empty gas container and ratchet straps in the milk crate and other than a candy wrapper and soda can tossed into it, I never had a problem. At first, I would put the milk crate inside the truck when I would park but that got pretty tiring after a short time, so I added some rope to the bungee, tied through the bottles and jerry can’s handles just to slow anyone down. Didn’t have any problems, even when parked in NYC and Chicago.
Sponsored